Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
oh, well if it's impossible to do the 100% good idea thing, just do the 99% good idea thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I meant where they temporarily add a weapon to your inventory. I swear they've talked about how a gun game style mode would be impossible because of this.

Yeah, they don't have a way to give you a gun you didn't have before and take it away at the end of the activity. The prestige lairs have guidelines you have to match from your personal gun collection, which isn't the same thing. Using that feature as it is today in PVP wouldn't solve the underlying problem- everyone would settle on a few ideal loadouts under the new rules and the meta gets stale again.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

Yeah, they don't have a way to give you a gun you didn't have before and take it away at the end of the activity.

Are you sure?

i remember a really annoying quest where they gave me some twirly gun to shoot cowboy acolytes when im pretty sure i had no twirly gun before. i would remember having a twirly gun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Are you sure?

i remember a really annoying quest where they gave me some twirly gun to shoot cowboy acolytes when im pretty sure i had no twirly gun before. i would remember having a twirly gun.

That's a temporary single gun that overrides your entire inventory, like the scorch cannon or hive sword. If you take a step back before the script triggers you can see a tiny Last Word spawning right next to you so you can pick it up, heh.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Yeah but that wasn't really any different than picking up a hive sword.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

That's a temporary single gun that overrides your entire inventory, like the scorch cannon or hive sword. If you take a step back before the script triggers you can see a tiny Last Word spawning right next to you so you can pick it up, heh.

Then they should lean into it, make Iron Banner a big 8v8 deathmatch with insanely OP temporary single guns.

Choose your Iron Lord weapon:
-a pre-nerf insta-kill Prometheus Lense
-a scorch cannon that sprays missiles like Wardcliff & never stops shooting
-a hive sword that shoots Colony grenades re skinned to look like cursed thralls
-an infinite-ammo Golden Gun that leaves exploding shots like 1k Voices

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fly Molo posted:

Then they should lean into it, make Iron Banner a big 8v8 deathmatch with insanely OP temporary single guns.

Choose your Iron Lord weapon:
-a pre-nerf insta-kill Prometheus Lense
-a scorch cannon that sprays missiles like Wardcliff & never stops shooting
-a hive sword that shoots Colony grenades re skinned to look like cursed thralls
-an infinite-ammo Golden Gun that leaves exploding shots like 1k Voices

-Gjallahorn

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
You could absolutely just give people all the weapons from the vendor and then only allow them to enter matchmaking if they have a specific approved loadout equipped like the raid matchmaking.

They could also consider making changes to they're system to enable things like this instead of continuing to Weekend-at-Bernie's this 12 year old game engine

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The good gun feel is tied to the engine. One by one, as time goes by and the limitations of the engine get worse, we will decide the Good Gun Feel is not worth it and start playing whatever shovelware the major "AAA" developers are peddling

But in the mean time i'm getting CRESPY snipes and knocking noggins clean OFF

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I meant where they temporarily add a weapon to your inventory. I swear they've talked about how a gun game style mode would be impossible because of this.

Which loving sucks rear end because Destiny Gun Game would be the dopest poo poo ever, they could pull a random gun from a specific archetype with random rolls for every level (but give everyone in the lobby the same poo poo)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The good gun feel is tied to the engine.

i really do wonder if they are totally loving incapable of replicating the Good Gun Feel in unreal or whatever and thats why theyre still using an engine they pooped out.. hang on, im checking the calendar and it says nineteen fuckin years ago

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

What the gently caress would lead you to think we didn't desire random rolls? Why did you give it random rolls in the API?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

These Vimana class sandwich ships are dope as hell

the one you can buy for bright dust has some total blade runner vibes going on

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What the gently caress would lead you to think we didn't desire random rolls? Why did you give it random rolls in the API?

lmfao jesus christttttt

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LOL they can’t even get shaders to drop the right way.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:negative:

Funny thing when I'm so close, my teams have a habit of quitting! Lmao they really stick it to me with that haha So enjoyable.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, the ghost of the company that gave you cool ways to make pvp maps and loadouts in Forge 12 loving YEARS AGO is unable to do literally anything that resembles competent and engaging game development or fix bugs.

That's impressive, it really is.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Lol, the ghost of the company that gave you cool ways to make pvp maps and loadouts in Forge 12 loving YEARS AGO is unable to do literally anything that resembles competent and engaging game development or fix bugs.

That's impressive, it really is.

I'm sure with a few hundred million dollars less in investment it'll get better.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Reminder that the people working at Bungie right now didn’t design Halo, they grew up playing Halo. Bungie today is not the Bungie of 2004

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah anyone who worked on Halo is in their 40s now

And anyone over 40 in the game development world is executed on the spot

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah anyone who worked on Halo is in their 40s now

Anyone over 40 in the game development world was promoted past their usefulness around the end of Halo: Reach, so it'd actually be better if they were dead.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

80% :cool: and 20% :cry: rn. Recluse gonna have me so hard next Tuesday reset. Ahhhh success, and the rage and stress of hours of grinding today is now melting away. Feels darn good as an okayish pvp player whose ideal of gameplay is super mellow Rift, to throw myself into Comp and get what I went in for.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Getting an Opening Shot Nameless Midnight switched me from losing to winning Iron Banner immediately lmao

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Renew! Renew!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

https://i.imgur.com/uMexl7h.gifv

Recluse drops at -15 instead of Powerful????

Mikey-San posted:

that's odd. i'm 699 and mine dropped at 700.

Bungie support answered this for me.

Pinnacle Weapons are only +1 on the first character to claim them. I claimed Recluse on my 684 hunter and got a 685 recluse.

Then my 700 titan received a...

685 Recluse.

WHY

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So Recluse is real good in PvE, eh? Would Shotgun/Recluse/Wardcliff be a pretty good Gambit loadout then?

Backup mag as the mod, most likely?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BlindSite posted:

I'm sure with a few hundred million dollars less in investment it'll get better.

Lol indeed

Bust Rodd posted:

Reminder that the people working at Bungie right now didn’t design Halo, they grew up playing Halo. Bungie today is not the Bungie of 2004

I know, that's why I called it the ghost of said company

Long story short: :bungie:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie support answered this for me.

Pinnacle Weapons are only +1 on the first character to claim them. I claimed Recluse on my 684 hunter and got a 685 recluse.

Then my 700 titan received a...

685 Recluse.

WHY

Because Pinnacle Weapons are only +1 on the first character to claim them

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's what I've been seeing in reviews. And really, Backup Mag is pretty much always great. I feel like it's what I stick on most things, save a CB or Major Spec here or there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yes, and as I mentioned,

WHY

It's a minor annoyance since 700s and infusion materials aren't too hard to get, but what the gently caress is the point? What gameplay experience is enhanced by "oh i gotta switch off my hunter to my titan before I claim my first Recluse"?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes, and as I mentioned,

WHY

It's a minor annoyance since 700s and infusion materials aren't too hard to get, but what the gently caress is the point? What gameplay experience is enhanced by "oh i gotta switch off my hunter to my titan before I claim my first Recluse"?

I'm guessing it's a side-effect of some other baffling decision they made and now it's feature not a bug.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

maybe halo 1 but a decent number of the folks who worked on halo 2/3 and beyond are still there

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So Recluse is real good in PvE, eh? Would Shotgun/Recluse/Wardcliff be a pretty good Gambit loadout then?

recluse is wildly good in pve but its barely longer than shotgun range. i'd probably pair it with a pulse or scout

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

recluse is wildly good in pve but its barely longer than shotgun range. i'd probably pair it with a pulse or scout

Curated Night Watch :getin:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxU-uv5cpc

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Yeah, they don't have a way to give you a gun you didn't have before and take it away at the end of the activity. The prestige lairs have guidelines you have to match from your personal gun collection, which isn't the same thing. Using that feature as it is today in PVP wouldn't solve the underlying problem- everyone would settle on a few ideal loadouts under the new rules and the meta gets stale again.

Yeah coding is impossible

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Like ffs even if they can’t do that, how about Saladin sells the guns, they are 1 light, and only those guns work in the mode. Use your brain dumbass.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

what perk gives you the enhanced radar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

PopZeus posted:

what perk gives you the enhanced radar?

top tree nightstalker