Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Blotto_Otter posted:

Baba is You is very clever and original and if you like puzzlers you should absolutely try it, and also I think I'm going to stop playing it because I don't think I'm actually enjoying it despite recognizing that there are lots of people who would and should love this game.

I was enjoying the game quite a lot, but I've started to hit a wall where almost every level ends with me giving up and looking up the answer, only to either be stupid that I forgot I could do a thing, or be stupid and not know I could do a thing (there's a level where you need to have some text swap some skulls around, and it turned out the words without squares could swap the skulls but not the regular text). And there's not too much of a point in me going forward with it if from here on out I'm just gonna be looking up the answer. I only have so much time of the day, I have Links in online Smash to lose to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I meant the ocarina and majoras mask one.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pharohman777 posted:

Here's the Ocarina one, doesn't look like archive.org has the MM one

https://archive.org/details/TheLegendOfZeldaOcarinaOfTimeNintendoVersusStrategyGuide/page/n5

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Pharohman777 posted:

https://archive.org/details/TheLegendOfZeldaOcarinaOfTimeNintendoVersusStrategyGuide

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'm currently playing through and enjoying The Messenger at the moment, so seeing something that is more fast paced and from YCG has me hyped.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The Switch actually being sensibly designed made me forget how much loving bullshit the 3DS' online system was. Just the act of going online and downloading what you paid money for should not be this difficult.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Macaluso posted:

Aarne described Cyber Shadow to us as an NES-style game that had ... the dark visual aesthetic of Batman.
Mission accomplished there. I was going to say how it reminded me of Batman visually for some reason, but then I saw this quote.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Detective No. 27 posted:

It gets harder with the rest of the characters. Vincent... is already a regular name.

Yuffie... the best I could come up with was Julie.

Red XIII... Brett? Redd is already a name, but kind of a let down.

Cait Sith... Kate Smith?

How about Muffy for Yuffie?

(Yeah I know it's supposed to be Yoofie but that sounds stupid and I reject that pronunciation just like I reject Aerith.)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

this is perfect

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

The Switch actually being sensibly designed made me forget how much loving bullshit the 3DS' online system was. Just the act of going online and downloading what you paid money for should not be this difficult.

What’s wrong with it?

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Just wanted to thank this thread for giving me the tip on what microSD card to buy! I ended up getting a 128gb one and it arrived today. I made sure to buy first party directly from Amazon. Now I can actually install multiple games at once!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

How about Muffy for Yuffie?

(Yeah I know it's supposed to be Yoofie but that sounds stupid and I reject that pronunciation just like I reject Aerith.)

I think Yoofie is fun to say. I am glad I'm not the only person with a disdain for Aerith.

I will say "Marley" because Marle sounds weird and ugly.

And in Bravely Default, I call "Aggnes" like the old lady name because it's hilarious, despite it being voice acted and spoken "Anyes."

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What other twin-stick shooters are there? I can't remember if I liked the genre. Is Geometry Wars one of those? It was pretty much the only Xbox Live Arcade game I ever bought, alongside Castle Crashers. It was pretty neat, and very very pretty, but I was pretty bad at it but I eventually got better with practice.
This is from a million pages back but responding cause Assault Android Cactus needs love. Most of the modern twin stick shooters are roguelikes like Gungeon/Issac and such, and are pretty slow paced (I think Nuclear Throne is one of the few exceptions), while Android Cactus is more straight arcadey like Geometry Wars was, just straight forward, intense, and faster paced from the start.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNpgKytPcc4

Time to kick some Nazi arsch again with Wolfenstein Youngblood, coming also to the Switch on July 26th.
And it’s just $30 or $40 for deluxe? :raise: And the latter lets a friend play!

quote:

The Buddy Pass, allowing you and a friend to play the entire game together, even if they don't own the game themselves

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm finally gonna play through ff7

thanks nintendo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNpgKytPcc4

Time to kick some Nazi arsch again with Wolfenstein Youngblood, coming also to the Switch on July 26th.

holy gently caress that looks good

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000011861

Umihara Kawase Fresh has a demo up on the Japanese eShop. It's in English. You can find it in the coming soon section.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

eonwe posted:

holy gently caress that looks good

I can't loving wait. I'll never, EVER get tired of murdering Nazis.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

japtor posted:

This is from a million pages back but responding cause Assault Android Cactus needs love. Most of the modern twin stick shooters are roguelikes like Gungeon/Issac and such, and are pretty slow paced (I think Nuclear Throne is one of the few exceptions), while Android Cactus is more straight arcadey like Geometry Wars was, just straight forward, intense, and faster paced from the start.

And it’s just $30 or $40 for deluxe? :raise: And the latter lets a friend play!

The music in aac is not up to par in that genre.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Really late to the party but when I turn on Breath of the Wild, 3 hours just loving vanish. This thing is crazy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I can't loving wait. I'll never, EVER get tired of murdering Nazis.

Same, and now there is a video game I can do it in too!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Some youtuber liked a game I like, so now you all can see just what the heck it's all about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDCGYwXqmlw

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

How is the single player in Mario Tennis?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/ShellRPG/status/1111072027543105536?s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The what?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

You mean Waluigi?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

When FF7 came out I played through it at least four times in the first six months after launch and then never touched it again. I can still picture some of the backgrounds and room layouts as if they were right in front of me. Yet I barely remember a single thing about any plot point. Something is called AVALANCHE and I guess you fight something bad.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

:moonrio:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

When FF7 came out I played through it at least four times in the first six months after launch and then never touched it again. I can still picture some of the backgrounds and room layouts as if they were right in front of me. Yet I barely remember a single thing about any plot point. Something is called AVALANCHE and I guess you fight something bad.

There are two bad things you fight, an invasive shapechanging intergalactic parasite that seeks to wipe out all life on the planet and the much more tough opponent self actualizing as a good person despite a chronic history of lying.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It’s a cute little diversion but not something to buy the game over. It’s not an RPG like the Game Boy ones. Buy it for the multi.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s a cute little diversion but not something to buy the game over. It’s not an RPG like the Game Boy ones. Buy it for the multi.

Aw man, good to know. Thanks

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Relatedly, is there any way to unlock the courses for the multiplayer without playing through the single player?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Im really liking this marketing for AI Somnium Files. My Youtube anime waifu just uploaded a new video, eventhough the last upload was.. lets say not so optimistic.

But dont worry guys shes back with her GDC report!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VzMNdrMauU

Being a loser with no life I went through the video frame by frame and found a couple things. The first few frames were glitchy and contained a couple of these.

And the last few frames show that Tesa disappears before the video ends.

She also refers to herself as A-set AKA Tesa, rather than the other way around as usual. The video's description is also signed Tesa and not A-set like the others.

Something queer is going on...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ItBreathes posted:

Relatedly, is there any way to unlock the courses for the multiplayer without playing through the single player?

I don’t believe so. It’s pretty easy and fast to go through if you want to unlock them.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/1stLethalGeek/status/1111104453686366208?s=20

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Barudak posted:

There are two bad things you fight, an invasive shapechanging intergalactic parasite that seeks to wipe out all life on the planet and the much more tough opponent self actualizing as a good person despite a chronic history of lying.

But enough about Chrono Trigger.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Mister Facetious posted:

But enough about Chrono Trigger.

Final Fantasy VII is just Chrono Trigger if Monsanto were the first ones to discover Lavos.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

*Falls into the room foaming at the mouth*
Another new Zelda

https://www.twitter.com/RollingPirahna/status/1111125155940454400

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Another new Zelda

Can't wait for 20 fps Zelda

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

bushisms.txt posted:

Another new Zelda

A Zelda game made by the Monolith Soft crew? Can't wait to find out how Takahashi crams the Zohar and/or KOS-MOS into this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

gmq posted:

Can't wait for 20 fps Zelda

Go to the Korok Forest. :rimshot: