Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Squizzle posted:

after ni and scotland break away im excited to see a welsh independence movement really pick up some steam

Looking forward to the Mercian National Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The Queen having to get involved and triggering yet another crisis during the Brexit crisis would be very 2019 so let’s hope it happens

:getin:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Summon all the MPs to the Commons, bar the door with the mace, and don’t let anyone out until they break the stalemate. if that means they all end up starving to death then you could hold elections and at least the stalemate is broken

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Ahhhh but :bisonyes: :yeshaha:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Vitamin P posted:

How can an MP only have 8k followers

still more than senator gillibrand

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

I don't know why you bother
Nothing's ever good enough for you
I was there, it wasn't like that
You've come here just to start a fight

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lmao you guys really did it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Goon Danton posted:

Looking forward to the Mercian National Party
Northumbria for the Northumbrians, I say!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Baba is You, but it's Brexit Means Brexit and you just knocked away the Brexit.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Number19 posted:

The Queen having to get involved and triggering yet another crisis during the Brexit crisis would be very 2019 so let’s hope it happens

:getin:

we are all living in the queen's game and this is her final challenge, to re-assert royal authority and dominance

there just needed to be something so large, so stupid, so impossibly idiotic in order to justify it

its the queen, it's always been the queen

GET IN

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SardonicTyrant posted:

Baba is You, but it's Brexit Means Brexit and you just knocked away the Brexit.

You beat me to almost this exact same joke by like ten minutes :argh:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

FMguru posted:

Northumbria for the Northumbrians, I say!

Let the Angles finally rid themselves of the Saxons yet again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i wonder if the queen could dissolve parliament and call for new elections if anyone would protest or if the tories would go along with something that would make it not their fault and also make corbyn becoming pm not anyone's fault

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

Britain loses 69-420

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

i wonder if the queen could dissolve parliament and call for new elections if anyone would protest or if the tories would go along with something that would make it not their fault and also make corbyn becoming pm not anyone's fault

Seems to me that would quickly lead to Lord Protector Rees-Mogg

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Yuli Ban posted:

Britain loses 69-420

184-293? really? they’re that committed to this?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Any chance enough Labour or Lib Dem MPs defect to vote yes on Mays deal tomorrow for it to pass? Just out of desperation?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Some of those are at least closer to 50% than I imagined.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
What was even the point of an extension if you can't get anything done and everyone is too afraid of losing their seats to call for a GE? You people should suffer.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Judakel posted:

What was even the point of an extension if you can't get anything done and everyone is too afraid of losing their seats to call for a GE? You people should suffer.

Additional lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So how badly does this crash the global economy lmao

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

probably not enough

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
if brexit is the crystal maze then the industrial zone is gutted, the future zone has moved to mainland Europe, Aztec is empty having been looted of all its artefacts so I guess that leaves all of Britain in the medieval zone

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

powell will say that the fed is watching events closely and the traders will interpret that as meaning he is ready to bail all the banks and big businesses out if necessary which will make stocks shoot up 10%

twoday
May 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

Observing Brexit from outside the UK illustrates the insane rapidity of hypernormalization, and while this scenario might sound unfathomable to a Brit right now, I am confident that if it were to happen there would be nobody on the island left with qualms about it by next week

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Taintrunner posted:

nobody buys poo poo from britain so its a net positive

any product with the label "made in britain" appended on it is guaranteed to be defective

its China and US that you should give a poo poo about

what are you going to not have, christmas crackers? cadbury? jolly fkn good innit

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

rabble rabble posted:

we are all living in the queen's game and this is her final challenge, to re-assert royal authority and dominance

there just needed to be something so large, so stupid, so impossibly idiotic in order to justify it

its the queen, it's always been the queen

GET IN

Honesty at this point the Queen could probably do a better job so gently caress it let her have a go

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

dead whitey is a net gain for humanity

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

twoday posted:

Observing Brexit from outside the UK illustrates the insane rapidity of hypernormalization, and while this scenario might sound unfathomable to a Brit right now, I am confident that if it were to happen there would be nobody on the island left with qualms about it by next week

well the situation right now is a failed government that has no mandate or any ability to do anything, but, like a cancer, refuses to perform its necessary function and die. the fact that people are ok with the situation right now is already an act of hypernormalization

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol that david cameron did the fixed parliaments act thingy, the referendum thingy and now just sits around getting drunk with dead pig heads all day

twoday
May 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

well the situation right now is a failed government that has no mandate or any ability to do anything, but, like a cancer, refuses to perform its necessary function and die. the fact that people are ok with the situation right now is already an act of hypernormalization

Yes, it hypernormalizes every few days, it’s amazing

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHKxq9XOjiM

Bercow is like the Rainman of eloquent speech

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

papa horny michael posted:

What if the Queen were to take up the Mace and end this farce?

what if charles divorces camilla and marries the princess of the eu. the eu would become part of britain

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

poty posted:

the princess of the eu

pretty sure that's just merkel

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Taintrunner posted:

This depends on the UK financial sector. London is the largest financial centre in the EU, and it collapsing would probably not go well for the rest of the EU.

On the other hand, the exit and break up of their financial sector means that Europe has a chance at taking back some control and clamping down on the banks and venture capital cowboys.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/mokepoke/status/1110942585055522816

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Ayn Randi posted:

if brexit is the crystal maze then the industrial zone is gutted, the future zone has moved to mainland Europe, Aztec is empty having been looted of all its artefacts so I guess that leaves all of Britain in the medieval zone

nah, totally the sunken ship zone

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cerv posted:

nah, totally the sunken ship zone
post o’brien maze is not canon

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Starting to see how GB lost their empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU