Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

teen witch posted:

Asked them if they knew of any way to pay back my student loans in the States, what with having a counter in Manhattan and all. They told me the transfers were for businesses only and I kept thinking “what loving businesses are using Swedbank for anything in the US?”.

Companies that does business in the US?
Given that the Swedish located company I work in gets like 50%+ of its business from US, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a Swedbank account there.
For international businesses having accounts for USD, pound, yen and Euro is standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cardiac posted:

Companies that does business in the US?
Given that the Swedish located company I work in gets like 50%+ of its business from US, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a Swedbank account there.
For international businesses having accounts for USD, pound, yen and Euro is standard.

I would figure they’d use a bank a bit more known than Swedbank, outside of Swedish companies perhaps. Then again, Citibank has a counter in Stockholm.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I am completely down for getting a couple extra vacation days for doing what I do anyways.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Denmark really REALLY wants to prepare for the upcoming 100 year anniversary in 21 years.

:ughh:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Poil posted:

Denmark really REALLY wants to prepare for the upcoming 100 year anniversary in 21 years.

:ughh:

We were never liberated is the thing.

They're also making sure that children of Danish citizens who fought in Syria are denied citizenship.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/boern-af-danske-syrienskrigere-mister-retten-til-dansk-statsborgerskab

quote:

De er født af forældre, der har vendt Danmark ryggen, og derfor skal de ikke tilhøre Danmark.

Those little bastards, knowingly being born to their criminal parents.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Meanwhile, loving 'Detector' of all things, is working overtime trying to prove that Denmark really isn't as anti-Muslim as the Al Jazeera journalist claimed, but inadvertently confirmed pretty much everything she said.

Denmark is so bad. It's just so unbelievably racist and bigoted, while being completely convinced that it's not - that it's just normal 'stram udlændingepolitik', rather than some the most horrifying immigration/asylum/refugee policies in the world. The normalization of Danish people's party rhetoric and attitudes really is astounding, only thing more astounding is it way the rhetoric made it into policy, being supported rather than challenged by 80 of the political parties. I can only imagine what the normalization of the newer, even more extreme, rhetoric will look like I'm 10-20 years. It definitely feeds directly into radicalization and the eventually self-fulfilling prophecy that entails.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

We're simply a way too naïve people, we trust authority too much, which makes us tragically easy to manipulate, if you're just brazen enough and can find the right scapegoat.

Partly because our left-wing has been getting a little too comfortable and complacent, took too long to wake up, and haven't been particularly good about resisting an insidious slide to the right, we now have even harder right-wing nationalist parties running in the next elections, and the loving spineless social democrats are sliding further and further right, dragging the political spectrum with them.

And the classical liberal and conservative parties, who claim to care about "decency and order and justice" and personal responsibility and all that, just gleefully jump in and join the racist quagmire with both feet, showing only the weakest possible token half-hearted opposition from a handful of members, who can easily be ignore by the rest of the party.

Even the goddamn libertarians, who claim to be against regulations and for personal freedom in the extreme (but everyone knows they're just Big Business in disguise), have no qualms about tightening laws regarding immigrants or minorities, as long as they can get their loving tax breaks.

And basically everyone aside from one or two left-wing parties are basically either in "climate change isn't THAT bad, guys" or the "TURBOFUCK THE WHALES!" mode.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 28, 2019

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's literally everyone in parliament. Even SF voted for Ghettopakken and despite being opposed to the politics, EL are still busy paying lip service to the idea of "Danishness" and trying to redefine and sanitize it, like they're more afraid of being associated with racism than its consequences. (I have to give Dragsted some credit, but his comment wouldn't have made a blip if Kjærsgaard hadn't gone full despot. The motherfucker he accused of racism has a conviction for it and literally thinks colonialism was a boon for Africans.) And yet the most common complaint from people otherwise sympathetic to EL seems to be their term limits and democratic structure. It boggles the mind.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 28, 2019

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

KozmoNaut posted:

And the classical liberal and conservative parties, who claim to care about "decency and order and justice" and personal responsibility and all that, just gleefully jump in and join the racist quagmire with both feet, showing only the weakest possible token half-hearted opposition from a handful of members, who can easily be ignore by the rest of the party.

When your politicians claim they're all about "decency", you know they're the worst possible choice for it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I wish that word would just die already. "We've lost our decency!" "Bring decency back to politics!" How about stop making moral appeals to people who're no poo poo down with torturing traumatised children and confiscating people's jewelry like nazis. It's not "indecent", it's loving inhuman and monstrous. Even the PTSD-stricken veteran in the clip has to moderate his language, torturing children is just "sort of naughty" apparently.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
lol

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/g7krR0/tor-mikkel-wara-gaar-av

Norwegian MoJ steps down after his significant other organized a false flag operation against themselves, culminating in lighting their car on fire.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Cynic Jester posted:

lol

Norwegian MoJ steps down after his significant other organized a false flag operation against themselves, culminating in lighting their car on fire.

Burning my car to own the libs.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cynic Jester posted:

lol

We have had six MoJs in six years. Truly a well functioning government.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
If he stays with her after this then she really must be the love of his life.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Is this some sort of nation wide thing due to the restructuring of arbetsförmedlingen or what?

I sent in the report late and they were like "don't do that again kay" and that was it.

Not sure what they since found to be erroneous.

Less fun for anyone who got their support terminated I guess.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Cynic Jester posted:

lol

Even going so far as to send anonymous threatening hate mail to other politicians from the same party.

:yeshaha:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Katt posted:

Is this some sort of nation wide thing due to the restructuring of arbetsförmedlingen or what?

I sent in the report late and they were like "don't do that again kay" and that was it.

Not sure what they since found to be erroneous.

Less fun for anyone who got their support terminated I guess.

Like a month or two ago it was reported that one of the new automatic systems had mis-analyzed a stunning 1/7th* of forms or something. I think this is in reference to that.

*I really don't remember the details, just google it

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
I am so loving pissed about radio24syv closing, simply due to these cunts deciding it shouldnt be in Copenhagen anymore.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I really hate aktivitetsrapportering. Such a loving pain to do. Especially if you don't have a smartphone.

MiddleOne posted:

Like a month or two ago it was reported that one of the new automatic systems had mis-analyzed a stunning 1/7th* of forms or something. I think this is in reference to that.
Only 1/7th isn't bad, considering the usual care and thought that goes into those things.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

lol

That sound some of you might have heard last night was me laughing like a hyena for a solid ten minutes about this particular gem. At this point, I'm actually looking forward to who the next FrP fuckup in the position will be, and how they will inevitably cock things up and be forced to resign. If we could just keep rotating the post like this, they won't have anyone left by the time the next national election hits.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

TLM3101 posted:

That sound some of you might have heard last night was me laughing like a hyena for a solid ten minutes about this particular gem. At this point, I'm actually looking forward to who the next FrP fuckup in the position will be, and how they will inevitably cock things up and be forced to resign. If we could just keep rotating the post like this, they won't have anyone left by the time the next national election hits.

Minister of Justice for FrP = drummer for Spinal Tap.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Woodenlung posted:

I am so loving pissed about radio24syv closing, simply due to these cunts deciding it shouldnt be in Copenhagen anymore.
I'm super sad about it too, but what I don't understand is why can't they have a small location in Copenhagen for the politicians to be in, which is hooked up to the main studio with an MPLS ISDN connection?
Anyone listening on the radio wouldn't be able to tell the difference between someone coming in on digital connection over an ISDN line and someone in the studio.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's important to remember that DF do a lot of bad things also.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Groke posted:

Minister of Justice for FrP = drummer for Spinal Tap.

Hey, hey. One of those is a respectful position in a group with major international influence and the other is a recurring skit.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Welp. They're closing all arbetsförmedlingen anywhere near me. It's going to be at least an expensive hour+ commute now.
:suicide:

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
So have they given any info about what you should do? Or is commuting the answer?
Is that it?
Really interested in hearing how this stupid downsizing will gently caress over regular peeps.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

Really interested in hearing how this stupid downsizing will gently caress over regular peeps.

Hard.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Zombiepop posted:

So have they given any info about what you should do? Or is commuting the answer?
Is that it?
Nope, they haven't give me any info at all. Not sure if they will bother. I hope that if they remember me they will at least point me towards which town I'm supposed to commute to.

Yes it's really interesting how they will gently caress me over. Not that it matters. :sigh:

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

Welp. They're closing all arbetsförmedlingen anywhere near me. It's going to be at least an expensive hour+ commute now.
:suicide:

It sucks but you can at least do tax deduction on it as far as I remember.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Zombiepop posted:

So have they given any info about what you should do?

Usually it's "get a job, lazy loser" or a variety of "bootstraps". What do you mean it's not that simple? You just don't want it enough you leech on the society!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

It sucks but you can at least do tax deduction on it as far as I remember.

Tax deduction for the unemployed...?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Potrzebie posted:

Usually it's "get a job, lazy loser" or a variety of "bootstraps". What do you mean it's not that simple? You just don't want it enough you leech on the society!

Yes this is the world we live in now, it's getting worse and worse for the people on the bottom and then they wonder why depression is rising.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kamrat posted:

Yes this is the world we live in now, it's getting worse and worse for the people on the bottom and then they wonder why depression is rising.
It's because of social media phones.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Zombiepop posted:

Is that it?

counting down until AF is privatised

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
It's gonna be such a disaster, good luck goons affected by this.

I have already seen flyers on my morning commute advertising some private job agency that seemed real shady. Like I meet clients in my living room shady.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Tax deduction for the unemployed...?

Yes, not the ideal system but you should take what you can get.
https://www4.skatteverket.se/rattsligvagledning/326346.html

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

Yes, not the ideal system but you should take what you can get.
https://www4.skatteverket.se/rattsligvagledning/326346.html

Ah, if your unemployed income is taxeable. Now the world makes sense again.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So LA elected that guy who was just thrown out of LAU for covering up sexual assault to their executive committee. Also elected was that other guy from LAU who believes all women want to be dominated and therefore can't lead. That's in addition to their sitting ministers who believe educated women don't get raped and that Pinochet was a cool guy (his regime trained and used dogs for raping dissidents).

Starting to think maybe LA has a problem with rape.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

LA has many problems, rape is just one corner of the festering shitpile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's not often that you get policicians who're this honest.