Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

got any sevens posted:

because some offices are cool now
its the only good thing i can say about amazon

hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

the dog is also jewish

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jonathan Fisk posted:

CSPAM hates women

bernie bros strike again

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
the lady boss has a little desk placard that says I AM THE BOSS

then she too does the scheming jew

I am confused why this exists or what they think they're signifying (especially since little caesar's CEO was paying rosa parks's rent, I had a vaguely positive impression)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I don't think I would have made that connection without someone pointing it out to be honest, I always associated that gesture with just being greedy, not being a greedy Jew specifically. I tend to assume that's what happened there

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

'Hand Rubbing' (full)

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I always thought the hand rubbing gesture implied greed but also machiavellianism, hence the association with jews.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
https://mobile.twitter.com/munchies/status/1111308233313013762

Dec 26, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

the lady boss has a little desk placard that says I AM THE BOSS

then she too does the scheming jew

I am confused why this exists or what they think they're signifying (especially since little caesar's CEO was paying rosa parks's rent, I had a vaguely positive impression)

this feels like something someone snuck in under the noses of less savvy higher-ups but idk

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

01011001 posted:

this feels like something someone snuck in under the noses of less savvy higher-ups but idk

The chuds are eating it up, so whoever made it totally knew what they were doing

I could see someone trying to be like "It's what Mr. Burns does!" or something like that to convince the execs to okay it, but the dog whistle rang loud and true

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Even the Queer Eyes have had it with shitheads calling things like cooking and drinks inherently feminine

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

if by "gay culture" you mean "cultivating an eating disorder because everyone on grindr calls you fat" then sure I agree

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

WampaLord posted:

I could see someone trying to be like "It's what Mr. Burns does!" or something like that to convince the execs to okay it, but the dog whistle rang loud and true
Yeah it definitely is like... more mainstream than the average dog whistle? But still not something that should be used in this day and age, I feel.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

WampaLord posted:

The chuds are eating it up, so whoever made it totally knew what they were doing

it's not what mister burns does though, he makes a little finger pyramid :simpsons101:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what does snowing outside have to do with not drinking coke?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
poo poo being raised by a single mother made my taste in pop gay.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mordor She Wrote posted:

poo poo being raised by a single mother made my taste in pop gay.

I thought Tab was the gayest soda. They still make that, right?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Heath posted:

We rotated pops, so it was first diet pepsi, then diet coke, then tab, then diet rite and then ultimately we landed on Diet Coke again.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/outmagazine/status/1111702699500658688

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's some nanette poo poo he talks about all his tramas like no we don't need this

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Heath posted:

it's actually Pibb Zero but I can't loving find it anywhere

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

quote:

Once users invoke the voice of trans, a transgender man offers to share experiences "from his time as a child and hating 'girly' clothes, to the difficulties he faced at school. He will also address the time he attempted to take his life, and his transition. However, life has improved for him since his operation and he describes going on dates after his transition and his recent marriage to his girlfriend Aliyah,” according to an Amazon press release. These stories have been compiled from the experiences of trans people across the world in an effort to educate cis people on how trans folks experience the world.

ok but why

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

cant wait for all the hi-la-ri-ous videos of people making the computer voice call itself various slurs

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

imagine having the kind of brain where you only learn genuine empathy towards real people who are suffering because a company gave your robot maid a tragic backstory

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, so is 'voice of trans' literally just a fictional, voiced, interactive version of articles where trans people tell their life story and struggles?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

alexa, solve the lament configuration

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I guess the President of the United States is gay

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

SpaceGoku posted:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://youtu.be/i0dvv4fTiqA

Holy poo poo

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SNL on the balance is lovely, but occasionally they hit it.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

SNL on the balance is lovely, but occasionally they hit it.

Exactly. I always wondered who would be the first company to make that sketch real.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You can tell no one on the alexa team got off their woker-than-thou high horse to think:

A. Unless this 'voice of trans' is fully integrated as an additional voice option etc., its gonna remain as this pile of stories about the life of a fictional trans guy behind the command 'alexa, open the voice of trans'.

The announcement does nothing to discourage this notion.

B. Deciding to not use a real trans person and make one up out of the stories of real trans people is really not inspiring or good. In fact, it feels skeevy as all hell.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They're marketing robots with the same methods as waifus now, of course.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I guess the President of the United States is gay

Well, there have been theories...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Computer, open the voice of Tayne.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

imagine having the kind of brain where you only learn genuine empathy towards real people who are suffering because a company gave your robot maid a tragic backstory

This is one those animes right?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

SpaceGoku posted:

I def remember a robot solving it on a space station and getting torn apart by chains

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Paladinus posted:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pharohman777 posted:

You can tell no one on the alexa team got off their woker-than-thou high horse to think:

A. Unless this 'voice of trans' is fully integrated as an additional voice option etc., its gonna remain as this pile of stories about the life of a fictional trans guy behind the command 'alexa, open the voice of trans'.

The announcement does nothing to discourage this notion.

B. Deciding to not use a real trans person and make one up out of the stories of real trans people is really not inspiring or good. In fact, it feels skeevy as all hell.

the practical realities of the voice are completely irrelevant. it's like how for a mystery novel you write the ending first. the marketing people started out with the press release they wanted to generate and then worked backwards from there to figure out what the actual idea was going to be.

also it'd still be gross pandering if they used an actual trans person. using a person's genuine trauma as your advertising hook does not make you an ally

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It seems it's just a third-party app that essentially plays an audio file of an interview with a real person. Amazon is not affiliated with it at all. I still don't understand why it exists, but at least it looks like it's not another case of a #woke brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Can we kick up the 4d3d3d3?