Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

something else you can do in this game that wasn't very strong in souls is just dashing everywhere, you're so fast that you end up dodging most moves unless they're super tracky, and grabs are almost always dodgeable this way unless they have a big swooping one

got my rear end handed to me by the final boss for like 2 hours today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the jump absolutely has iframes tho, in case anyone was unsure. both cuz the game says it early on in a popup and by watching enemy swords travel through my body harmlessly. still prefer the normal dodge for the meaty follow up attacks but the jump has a lot of use

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

Took me about 4. It was tight but the first form definitely got old after a while. Wish there was just a way to skip it because otherwise it's one of the coolest boss fights ever.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when they designed this game they decided all bosses and minibosses should always have a respawn 3 seconds away and god bless them for it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Cart Mountain posted:

i will never be good at this game.

i will .. cos its all im gonna play for months

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It feels good to get better at this game. I probably died 20x to lady butterfly but maybe only 6 times to Genichiro Ashina.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i feel myself getting more powerful as i play. its amazing. i beat the drunkard and said aloud i am a human god. i know i barely scratched surface but it feela drat good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
try jumping haha

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

when they designed this game they decided all bosses and minibosses should always have a respawn 3 seconds away and god bless them for it

That's because there's a boss every 3 seconds lol. I wish some areas were a little longer

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

That blazing bull didn’t know I mastered the secret art of running in a big circle decades ago

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

herculon posted:

That blazing bull didn’t know I mastered the secret art of running in a big circle decades ago
Animals are scared of loud noises.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

extremebuff posted:

this. though i think itd be pretty cool to live forever, personally

yeah but the immortals in sekiro don’t know about video games yet so they don’t see the point

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

herculon posted:

[begins listing off playstation trophies in the same cadence of the litany of saints in preparation of saying this boss is too hard]

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Beat Folding Screen Monkeys, weakest boss so far.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

extremebuff posted:

something else you can do in this game that wasn't very strong in souls is just dashing everywhere, you're so fast that you end up dodging most moves unless they're super tracky, and grabs are almost always dodgeable this way unless they have a big swooping one

This was the only way I was able to kill the raging bull

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's extremely cool fighting (bad ending boss) Ashima and being able to recognize how half of his moves work immediately because I have them all from his skill books

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also I need to gently caress with Mist Raven more ...... this poo poo rules and the upgraded version that leaves behind flames when you teleport sounds insane . Might try to "main" it in NG+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mist Raven is the god tool.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Mist Raven is the god tool.

I've only used the Shuriken and fire works so far.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Im on the last boss and it keeps crashing! Awesome!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Raymond Hog posted:

Im on the last boss and it keeps crashing! Awesome!
The ultimate pirate protection.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

extremebuff posted:

Wasn't able to play at all today but I just kept thinking about this one... visualizing the fight in my head to prepare my mind and soul.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

These monkeys are gonna be the death of me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Where do you get Mist Raven. I haven't found that one yet

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

hirata estate side path along the river, inside the three story pagoda guarded by purple guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

its in the hirata estate memory. It was probably the 2nd or 3rd tool I found, it's relatively well hidden though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm shocked that that monkey fight gives you a strength upgrade

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

one thing i miss is having a screen with damage numbers on it. im still very murky on how attack upgrades or arm upgrades affect prosthetic damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oops I guess I'm in the covenant of champions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the ghost village is the first part of the game I don't like

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

It's pretty cathartic just equipping some weapon of mass destruction like the flame axe and just going to town. Eventually the enemies stop crawling from the ground but it takes like 20 minutes lol. But you can basically stay in the trees and skip everything

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

It's pretty cathartic just equipping some weapon of mass destruction like the flame axe and just going to town. Eventually the enemies stop crawling from the ground but it takes like 20 minutes lol. But you can basically stay in the trees and skip everything

turning back into a yharnam hunter and going mad with bloodlust in mibu village

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

It freaked me out when I first got there but I realized pretty quick the enemies are weak so if you listen for noises and don’t let them sneak up they all go down easily and I felt like a badass ninja sneaking through the fog and backstabbing invisible ghosts

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i really liked the village my first time through

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it just reminded me of shaded woods, i havent spent much time there. and ntohign should try to be like shaded woods

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1111045422808588288

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rehab gaming ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/apiecebyguy/status/1098368462240518144

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I completely missed the vendor outside of the dilapidated shrine that sells u tips on how to get a couple prosthetics. I also killed hanbei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lmfao