Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

0.8.2 dropping this week?

Looks like April 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

El Disco posted:

Looks like April 1st.

So I've seen. Shame, I'm traveling next week for work.

Also get your credit flags, its Narai week :getin:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

NTRabbit posted:

Bourrasque, tier IV

Hit points — 11700. Plating — 10 mm

Main battery — 4x1 130 mm. Firing range — 11.8 km.

Maximum HE shell damage — 1900. Chance to cause fire — 9%. Maximum AP shell damage — 2300.
Reload time — 6.0 s. 180 degree turn time — 18.0 s. Maximum dispersion — 104 м. HE initial velocity — 725 m/s. AP initial velocity — 725 m/s. Sigma — 2.00.

Torpedo tubes — 2x3 550 mm. Maximum damage — 14833. Range — 9.0 km. Speed — 60 kt. Reload time — 90 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time — 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability — 1.3 km.

Maximum speed — 33 kt. Turning circle radius — 560 m. Rudder shift time — 3.0 s. Surface detectability — 6.8 km. Air detectability — 2.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke — 2.6 km.

Available consumables:

1 slot — Damage Control Party
Duration time 5 s; Reload time 60 s (40 s).
2 slot — Engine Boost
Duration time 120 s; Maximum speed +20%; Reload time 180 s (120 s); Charges 2 (3).

Isn't this exactly the same as the tier 5 premium Sirocco in the post before?

It looks pretty good for tier 4.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
I loving love Narai

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm gonna fail the Exeter missions because I just don't have any enthusiasm to finish stage four this week at all.

A bunch of no-achievement runs in the Nelson (thanks for being so goddamn bad, enemy teams) didn't help.

Now I guess I'll decide if I want to buy Exeter or not.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

James Garfield posted:

Isn't this exactly the same as the tier 5 premium Sirocco in the post before?

It looks pretty good for tier 4.

Yes, and tier 8 Le Fantasque is the same ship as tier 8 premium Le Terrible

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Burt posted:

That detection range has to be a typo.

Considering they are 15km torps on a T7 ship with high conceal, and the torpedoes do IJN damage , that's probably their "balancing" factor. But... that would be assuming that everything else is pretty comparable to the Akatsuki. It isn't.

NTRabbit posted:

Japanese destroyer Yudachi, tier VII

Hit points — 13200. Plating — 16 mm. Main battery — 1x1 and 2x2 127 mm. Firing range — 11.8 km.

Maximum HE shell damage — 2150. Chance to cause fire — 9%. Maximum AP shell damage — 2200. Reload time — 9.0 s. 180 degree turn time — 30.0 s. Maximum dispersion — 104 м. HE initial velocity — 915 m/s. AP initial velocity — 915 m/s. Sigma — 2.00.

Torpedo tubes — 2x4 610 mm. Maximum damage — 17233. Range — 15.0 km. Speed — 57 kt. Reload time — 101 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time — 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability — 2.5 km.

AA defense mid-range: number of explosions in a salvo — 1, damage within an explosion — 560, continuous damage per second — 27, hit probability — 93%, action zone 1–2 km;

AA sector reinforcement — 50 %, sector reinforcement time — 5 s, sector reinforcement shift time — 5 s.

Maximum speed — 34 kt. Turning circle radius — 570 m. Rudder shift time — 3.2 s. Surface detectability — 6.5 km. Air detectability — 2.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke — 2.4 km.

Available consumables:

1 slot — Damage Control Party
Duration time 5 s; Reload time 60 s (40 s);
2 slot — Smoke Generator
Duration time 20 s; Duration time 85 s; Reload time 240 s (160 s); Charges 2 (3); Radius 450.0 m.
3 slot — Engine Boost
Duration time 120 s; Maximum speed +8%; Reload time 180 s (120 s); Charges 2 (3).

Its very different from Akatsuki, obviously as Yuudachi is a Shiratsuyu-class and the Akatsuki is an Akatsuki-class (modernized Fubuki).

The good: Yuudachi's got more gun range, 100 more HP (wow!), smaller turning circle, and is a lot stealthier, clocking in at 5.85 detection with CE, to Akatsuki's fat 6.4km. This is the only good it gets.
The bad: Yuudachi has 1 less gun than Akatsuki with a tiny bit worse turret traverse, 4 less knots of speed, a slower rudder shift, 1 less torpedo in her broadside, and virtually no AA, while Akatsuki sports some of the best AA at T7 for a destroyer.
The ugly: Yuudachi's 1 less gun isn't the only issue... her reload is also 1.5 seconds longer! Cap this off with her torpedoes taking 25 extra seconds to reload, and you can see a vast gulf in the offensive capability of these two ships. Akatsuki's torpedoes are faster in the water, with a LOT less detection radius, at the cost of 5 km in range. If you torp accel Yuudachi's torps, they go to 12km, match Akatsuki's torp speed, BUT HAVE ALMOST 1KM MORE DETECTION RADIUS. Is 2km of range really worth 25 seconds of reload and 900 meters of detection radius? What the gently caress WG?

tl:dr Yuudachi is an uptiered Shiratsuyu with extremely lackluster offensive ability in exchange for stealth and range in torpedoes. But Yuudachi's lack of speed, worst in class gun power, and comically bad torpedo detection mean she'll be lucky to do anything more than spot. God help you if you get a CV game.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hazdoc posted:

God help you if you get a CV game.

And yet the AA is actually better than Kagero!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I'm gonna fail the Exeter missions because I just don't have any enthusiasm to finish stage four this week at all.

A bunch of no-achievement runs in the Nelson (thanks for being so goddamn bad, enemy teams) didn't help.

Now I guess I'll decide if I want to buy Exeter or not.

:same:

I ran Nelson all weekend for the achievement phase because lol Fireproof and Dreadnaught and didn’t get one due to being focused.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Considering they are 15km torps on a T7 ship with high conceal, and the torpedoes do IJN damage , that's probably their "balancing" factor. But... that would be assuming that everything else is pretty comparable to the Akatsuki. It isn't.

Its very different from Akatsuki, obviously as Yuudachi is a Shiratsuyu-class and the Akatsuki is an Akatsuki-class (modernized Fubuki).

The good: Yuudachi's got more gun range, 100 more HP (wow!), smaller turning circle, and is a lot stealthier, clocking in at 5.85 detection with CE, to Akatsuki's fat 6.4km. This is the only good it gets.
The bad: Yuudachi has 1 less gun than Akatsuki with a tiny bit worse turret traverse, 4 less knots of speed, a slower rudder shift, 1 less torpedo in her broadside, and virtually no AA, while Akatsuki sports some of the best AA at T7 for a destroyer.
The ugly: Yuudachi's 1 less gun isn't the only issue... her reload is also 1.5 seconds longer! Cap this off with her torpedoes taking 25 extra seconds to reload, and you can see a vast gulf in the offensive capability of these two ships. Akatsuki's torpedoes are faster in the water, with a LOT less detection radius, at the cost of 5 km in range. If you torp accel Yuudachi's torps, they go to 12km, match Akatsuki's torp speed, BUT HAVE ALMOST 1KM MORE DETECTION RADIUS. Is 2km of range really worth 25 seconds of reload and 900 meters of detection radius? What the gently caress WG?

tl:dr Yuudachi is an uptiered Shiratsuyu with extremely lackluster offensive ability in exchange for stealth and range in torpedoes. But Yuudachi's lack of speed, worst in class gun power, and comically bad torpedo detection mean she'll be lucky to do anything more than spot. God help you if you get a CV game.

Uh, Shiratsuyu is already T7 (it's the secondary line T7), and most of the issues you laid out in comparing Yudachi to Akatsuki apply there as well. The guns, the speed, the torpedoes, the AA, those are all issues Shiratsuyu compared to Akatsuki has too, in exchange for the better stealth.

The only actual differences are the gun reload (worse), rudder shift (worse, though Shira only beats Akatsuki by a whole 0.1 sec), and the health pool (Shiratsuyu only has 11,600, so Akatsuki's normally well ahead there and thus Yudachi's well above a normal Shira). Hell, even the loving torpedo reload is the same*.

tl;dr: It's just a modified Shiratsuyu with even worse torpedoes and without torpedo reload booster.

*: This point is the real insult for the tech tree ships - Akatsuki and Shiratsuyu have the exact same loving torpedo options, but Shiratsuyu's reload is 25 seconds longer due to the quad launchers, despite having a torpedo broadside 1 less than Akatsuki. When the ship was special and had the extra consumable slot it had a decent place, now it's just inferior to its counterpart in everything except stealth.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I just ground through the Akatsuki, and while I did very well in it the stealth comparison with Shiratsuyu is brutal. I haven’t played the Shiratsuyu since getting practiced in dds, but I imagine it does very well as a result, whereas the Akatsuki is outspotted by most other tier 7 dds to my recollection.

Really, though, the bad ship seems to be Kagero. Atrocious aa, bad torps, bad torp reload, bad guns (10 km range maximum, what the HELL). I’m not having a great time with it so far, and it’s clearly the worst tier 8 dd presently.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Uh, Shiratsuyu is already T7 (it's the secondary line T7), and most of the issues you laid out in comparing Yudachi to Akatsuki apply there as well. The guns, the speed, the torpedoes, the AA, those are all issues Shiratsuyu compared to Akatsuki has too, in exchange for the better stealth.

The only actual differences are the gun reload (worse), rudder shift (worse, though Shira only beats Akatsuki by a whole 0.1 sec), and the health pool (Shiratsuyu only has 11,600, so Akatsuki's normally well ahead there and thus Yudachi's well above a normal Shira). Hell, even the loving torpedo reload is the same*.

tl;dr: It's just a modified Shiratsuyu with even worse torpedoes and without torpedo reload booster.

*: This point is the real insult for the tech tree ships - Akatsuki and Shiratsuyu have the exact same loving torpedo options, but Shiratsuyu's reload is 25 seconds longer due to the quad launchers, despite having a torpedo broadside 1 less than Akatsuki. When the ship was special and had the extra consumable slot it had a decent place, now it's just inferior to its counterpart in everything except stealth.

Those two ships have always been in debate honestly. The akatsuki being a more gunboat DD in the torpedo DD line while the shira is a torpedo boat DD in the gunboat DD line. While both being at the same tier. Almost as if wargaming hosed them up when placing them in the tree and then ignored cries about it. So the yudachi being a premium shira means I have no interest in it..

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
Applied to boatse.cx as adrudh, it has been a while since I posted in the thread but I've been playing a lot recently trying to actually get decent at the game.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Hazdoc posted:

What the gently caress WG?

Sounds like WG's normal IJN torp boat hate to me.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

AA changes in update 0.8.2 [Or gently caress you IJN destroyers]

In this post we want to show how the non-linear addition of continuous AA damage from several ships will work in update 0.8.2.

The reason for the change was the fact that in update 0.8.0.1 the AA damage was redistributed: explosion damage was reduced and continuous damage was increased. Before the release of 0.8.0.1 if the player skillfully dodged the explosions, the squadron took almost no losses. Strengthening of the continuous damage balanced the interaction of 1 ship and a squadron, but the total damage from several ships was too effective: planes often could not make even one attack run being in the AA zones of 3–4 ships.

At the same time we can’t just reduce the AA damage of several ships, because then ships that are distant from the allies will become extremely vulnerable. To solve this problem, we implemented a non-linear addition of continuous AA damage.

Now continuous damage from several ships will be less than the sum of their damage, but still more than damage of any one of them.

Damage is always calculated the same way;

The damage of the AA zones firing on squadron is determined;
A reduction factor is calculated for each individual AA zone depending on the number of ships firing and their damage;
Damage is summed up taking the reduction factor in consideration.

The most notable damage reduction is for ships with the same AA damage (0.89 for 2 ships, 0.83 for 3, 0.79 for 4). The more difference in damage, the less will be the reduction.

Let’s have an example: a squadron flies into the mid-range zone of Minotaur and simultaneously into the short-range zone of Shimakaze (signals, upgrades or Commander skills are not considered in this example). The continuous damage values for these zones are 1281 and 203, 1484 in total. For 2 ships with these damage values the reduction factor is 0.94. The resulting damage is 1397.

The factor may differ for each situation. Let’s have another example with smaller difference in damage: long-range zone of Henri IV (169) and mid-range zone of Khabarovsk (140). The reduction factor will be 0.89 and the total damage will be 275 instead of 309.

You can download the table from the link and experiment with different damage values https://drive.google.com/open?id=1skPhXZFYVZTqwuzap9vFUdJe_D1USKlV

ST, changes for Yukikaze, Indomitable, Georgia

Japanese destroyer Yukikaze, tier VIII
Standard Engine Boost consumable is added, like that of Kagero

This destroyer couldn’t fully show it’s potential without Engine Boost. it will be easier to use it’s comparatively short-range torpedoes with this consumable.

British aircraft carrier Indomitable, tier VIII
Number of charges for the “Patrol fighters” consumable is increased from 3 to 4 for all aircraft types;
The starting number of planes is increased: from 9 to 12 for attack aircraft; from 6 to 8 for bombers
Bombers get the same bombs used by Implacable
In high-tier battles, the aircraft carrier quickly lost its planes and had no reserves to fill the squadrons. To improve the efficiency of this ship in such situations, the number of available planes is increased. At the same time the damage of bombers is lowered to balance the Indomitable’s damage in battles against tier VI and VII ships.

American battleship Georgia, tier IX
The dispersion ellipse size is reduced for main caliber guns
Sigma is reduced from 2 to 1.8
Accuracy of secondary guns is lowered
New accuracy settings are implemented to compensate for a small number of guns and to designate it’s role as a far-range ship.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

ST, new camouflage

ST, Soviet battleships changes

Armor changes:
Knyaz Suvorov, tier III: upper deck armor lowered from 38 mm to 16 mm;
Pyotr Velikiy, tier V: fore and aft deck armor lowered from 38 mm to 19 mm; Aft end side armor lowered from 125 mm to 75 mm.
Due to their armor thickness, Knyaz Suvorov and Pyotr Velikiy could almost ignore cruisers’ HE shells. To deal damage to these ships with HE, the caliber of 230 mm and higher was needed, with the new parameters, lower calibers can penetrate their armor and deal damage.
Izmail, tier VI: casemate belt armor increased from 25 mm to 100 mm.
Izmail’s casemate armor belt didn’t allow her to fully utilise herself as a close range battleship, and changing the thickness of the armor will allow this ship to act more aggressively and effectively at distances that are comfortable for her.

Accuracy changes:
Knyaz Suvorov, tier III: sigma is lowered from 1.7 to 1.5;
Gangut, tier IV: sigma is lowered from 1.7 to 1.4
Low level battles usually take place at distances of 15 and lower km. In most situations Soviet BBs appear to be more accurate than their classmates. Changing the sigma allows this excessive advantage to be reduced, but it doesn’t affect the features of the dispersion ellipse.

Maximum firing range changes:
Knyaz Suvorov, tier III: maximum firing range for main caliber guns with the stock gun fire control system is lowered from 13.3 to 11.48 km;
Gangut, tier IV: maximum firing range for main caliber guns with the stock gun fire control system is lowered from 14.13 to 12.31 km;
Pyotr Velikiy, tier V: maximum firing range for main caliber guns with the stock gun fire control system is lowered from 15.15 to 14.55 km;
Sinop, tier VII: maximum firing range for main caliber guns with the stock gun fire control system is lowered from 16.15 to 15.79 km;
Vladivostok, tier VIII: maximum firing range for main caliber guns with the stock gun fire control system is lowered from 17.24 to 16.34 km;

Detectability range changes:
Gangut, tier IV: Detectability range by sea is increased from 10.62 to 13.62 km; Detectability after firing main guns in smoke is increased from 8.27 to 10.42 km; Detectability range by air is increased from 7.68 to 8.86 km.

Engine changes:
Pyotr Velikiy, tier V: engine reduced, thus lowering her maximum speed from 29.5 to 26.5 knots;
Sinop, tier VII: the researchable engine is removed. Maximum speed with stock engine is 27 knots.

Turret turning changes:
Knyaz Suvorov, tier III: turning angles for the near side turrets are changed. Now they can turn to face the opposite side;
Sinop, tier VII: turrets turning speed is lowered from 6 dg/s to 3 dg/s;
Vladivostok, tier VIII: turrets turning speed is lowered from 6 dg/s to 4 dg/s

These changes balance the ships in their overall performance, keeping their distinctive features — good accuracy on lower ranges and general effectivesness in close combat — intact.

Surveillance Radar consumable is removed from Vladivostok, Sovetsky Soyuz, Kremlin and Lenin. It’s effectiveness was very situational and it didn’t suite this branch.

“Fighters” consumable parameters are brought to the standard values: action time 60 s, reload time 135 (90) s.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

That camo is sick.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Is there a BOATC discord? I'd like to get involved in the upcoming clan wars

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Maksimus54 posted:

Is there a BOATC discord? I'd like to get involved in the upcoming clan wars

There's the world of goons discord here

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Now I have the 1 million free XP and I am a completionist for premiums, but I just cannot get excited for the tier X IJN cruiser coming next patch. poo poo I don't even like the Alaska, so persuade me what to do dearest goons.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Burt posted:

Now I have the 1 million free XP and I am a completionist for premiums, but I just cannot get excited for the tier X IJN cruiser coming next patch. poo poo I don't even like the Alaska, so persuade me what to do dearest goons.

I thought the IJN T10 was coal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The IJN tier 9 is coming next patch, the tier 10 is still a little while away

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Neptune might be made of floating citadels but drat she still feels good to play. In this game my damage numbers were padded slightly by a Republique who was so hell-bent on sinking me that he obliviously sailed into 7 of my torpedoes and sank. RIP. Also, whoever posted that Minotaur video a week or so ago helped me a lot simply because it taught me the "someone's coming close threateningly, fire off single fire torps in his vague direction" trick. It also bagged me an Ibuki who sailed into three of them :v:

And this was a T10 game in my Lexington. drat it was some work, but also satisfying. This time the stat-padder was a Grosser Kurfürst who decided to be the great unifier of my torpedoes.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

NTRabbit posted:

AA changes in update 0.8.2 [Or gently caress you IJN destroyers]
Nothing's changed with regards to individual ship AA, this change only affects when 2 ships have overlapping AA now. Also, there's murmurs that the fighter despawn trick is fixed but I'll have to see it to believe it.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Nothing's changed with regards to individual ship AA, this change only affects when 2 ships have overlapping AA now. Also, there's murmurs that the fighter despawn trick is fixed but I'll have to see it to believe it.

And in terms of destroyers, this really doesn't mess them up much if they have theirs on while near another ship. The more imbalanced the AA power of the two ships, the more linear the curve is according to wargaming. So a shima next to a mino isn't gonna have 150% but close to 180-190% effectiveness. However, two minos will put you at 150. So two ship are still contributing, but not to the gently caress off bubbles that happen currently.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh god CV's are starting to click. I've had a few monster games tonight.

WG 👏 let 👏 me 👏 whale 👏 premium 👏 CVs

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
It’s called the Saipan, and it makes you a bad person.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I have developed a taste for British cruisers, and god drat do I like it.

Also I now understand why people call the Belfast OP now. Glad I own one still :smug:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The buffed Hood is just so much fun to play, especially when you're top-tiered and fighting mediocre German battleships who do nothing but shoot inaccurate HE at you

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The buffed Hood is just so much fun to play, especially when you're top-tiered and fighting mediocre German battleships who do nothing but shoot inaccurate HE at you

I love the Hood and the Nelson but I find the Hood more fun to play now. Also I don't know if anyone else has this but the Nelson is like a cursed boat for me. Generally I'm a good Battleship player, and the Nelson is my highest average damage of the T7s I've played but my win rate is 42%, its a weird anomaly in my stats that I can't really explain.

Just got the Saint Louis and I'd forgotten how much I love French cruisers, great guns and that reload booster really let's you put down some damage. But jesus the turning circle is enormous.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Wtf EU [GOON] ? :stonk:

You kicked me (Panzerblitz) from the clan cause I was inactive for 2 months? I'm with this game since Alpha and with the EU Goon clan since it's creation and everyone knows that I take breaks between major updates or when I play other poo poo. We also didn't need the space with only 20 members total.

Seriously?

Rude...

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 31, 2019

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So what is this WOWS Tinder poo poo?

EDIT: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/lolz/skipper-i-barely-know-her/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

April Fool's.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So is Crab Rave the Rickroll of the moment?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Aramoro posted:

I love the Hood and the Nelson but I find the Hood more fun to play now. Also I don't know if anyone else has this but the Nelson is like a cursed boat for me. Generally I'm a good Battleship player, and the Nelson is my highest average damage of the T7s I've played but my win rate is 42%, its a weird anomaly in my stats that I can't really explain.

Just got the Saint Louis and I'd forgotten how much I love French cruisers, great guns and that reload booster really let's you put down some damage. But jesus the turning circle is enormous.

The Nelson is very effective at farming damage, but the guns are random enough to severely limit its ability to strike out weakened targets or utilize its fabulous AP.

Defensively, its weak to air attacks. Its mobility, paired with its armor and the layout of its turrets makes it hard to utilize all the guns in a fluid environment without taking lots of damage. Its easy to end up in a stupid scenario where you cannot move forward or back without getting hosed, so you're pinned.

The Hood is better because it can manage to hit precise targets, switch between AP and HE effectively, use all of its guns without sacrificing its ability to tank, etc. And its fast enough to kite, dodge torpedoes and aircraft, etc.

It's actually a much better and more competitive ship now than people give it credit for. Better than the Nelson.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

The Nelson is a Colorado that gets super HE and heal in trade for a citadel the size of the moon. I don't get why it overperforms like it does and it isn't very fun to play anyway.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I dumped the second damage control mod from my Hood in favor of the rudder shift mod and it's great because Hood's real armor should be her speed. It's me, I am Jackie Fisher.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Hammerstein posted:

Wtf EU [GOON] ? :stonk:

You kicked me (Panzerblitz) from the clan cause I was inactive for 2 months? I'm with this game since Alpha and with the EU Goon clan since it's creation and everyone knows that I take breaks between major updates or when I play other poo poo. We also didn't need the space with only 20 members total.

Seriously?

Rude...

I kicked everyone who hadn't played for 21 days or more as we are doing the clan warfare thing for oil and if you have a big clan but no one plays you get hosed over by being drawn against bigger, active clans.

Just apply again.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I just got a Prinz Eugen while it was on sale and am surprised at how good it is. It seems to get poo poo on a lot but that heal is clutch and it has good enough speed to be a real hit and fade threat. I can pen with the 203s all the battleships and you citadel quite a few cruisers, too. Yeah fire sucks but it is a heavy cruiser not a light so nbd to me.

Also it is a great dreadnought farming ship and it is also pretty drat lethal AA wise even without defensive AA equiped.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

DonkeyHotay posted:

The Nelson is a Colorado that gets super HE and heal in trade for a citadel the size of the moon. I don't get why it overperforms like it does and it isn't very fun to play anyway.

Having just got the Jean Bart for coal, it's probably because the ship encourages bow tanking everything because you only have bow guns. This allow you to not open yourself up to damage like you would in other ships trying to get your rear turrets into play.

Side note: the Jean Bart is pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

EponymousMrYar posted:

Having just got the Jean Bart for coal, it's probably because the ship encourages bow tanking everything because you only have bow guns. This allow you to not open yourself up to damage like you would in other ships trying to get your rear turrets into play.

Side note: the Jean Bart is pretty fun.

the jean bart is arguably my best ship, statistically, and it *is* fun as hell but in all honesty you almost never want to bow tank in it. the speed and maneuverability are negated by bow tanking and he spam is *insanely* strong against the jean bart.