Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/27/the-power-of-the-dark-side-1/

Exclusive Vader sculpt with alt arts for Star Wars Celebration attendees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

canyoneer posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/27/the-power-of-the-dark-side-1/

Exclusive Vader sculpt with alt arts for Star Wars Celebration attendees

So this is only available at the show, not online anywhere? Other than ebay for who knows what the following day, obviously.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ugleb posted:

So this is only available at the show, not online anywhere? Other than ebay for who knows what the following day, obviously.

Probably. They're doing the same for Adepticon with a golden droid fighter for x-wing.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Yeah, I think this is going to be A Thing now. I'm assuming there's going to be exclusive minis and/or X-Wing ships at major cons from now on.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's fine as long as they are just cosmetic exclusives.

I guess that vader does technically have a slighly different LOS profile.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

So planning how many squads of Death Troopers to pick up (they seem p. good?) if I run Krennic, I can run up to 4 squads, one not counting against my special forces slot limit because of Entourage, right?

I guess that's maybe overkill even if it's technically allowed.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Tantive IV walls/stl files, for those like me who have been dying to do a zone mortalis style board: http://www.tsterrain.com/rebellion-interiors/

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Rebel Veterans (AKA Echo Base Troopers) and Tauntaun Riders announced!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

More deets:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/3/8/in-the-trenches/
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/3/8/charging-into-battle/

Since releases tend to be symmetrical, we can probably expect another core and support for Imps.

Personal wish: Viper Probots (support) and Imperial Regular Army "Mud Troopers" (core).

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 8, 2019

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

Probably Shore Troopers and Dewbacks for imps?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

My guess is Imps get dewbacks.
Cant wait for piles of tauntaun poo poo for terrain.

Gettin realllly tired of not seeing an ewoks preview though.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I want neutral monsters that are ultimately Murderous terrain.

I mainly want big monsters for Star wars rpg campaign.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Judging by past releases, Rebels getting Tauntauns means Imperials are about to get orbital bombardments or something.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

hoiyes posted:

Tauntaun outriders :allears:
Called it :allears: so beautiful

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Owlbear Camus posted:

So planning how many squads of Death Troopers to pick up (they seem p. good?) if I run Krennic, I can run up to 4 squads, one not counting against my special forces slot limit because of Entourage, right?

I guess that's maybe overkill even if it's technically allowed.

I mainly play Rebels but after seeing the twitch demo that showed Death Troopers's focused fire config, I kind of want to try an Imperial list with 4x Death Troopers and just lay down heaps of suppression and panic everything off of the board.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm an easy sell on picking up.4... plus they are dead easy to paint.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

3d printer is up and running. I'm gonna print so many huts and temples and hangars and barrackses and turrets and stuff.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

You must 3d print additional pylons.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

banned from Starbucks posted:

You must 3d print additional pylons.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-starcraft-protoss-pylon-34393

Honestly wouldn't look out of place on the right board. I'd use translucent blue filament.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Have they given any indication as to whether or not they will open this into prequel territory?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

DJ Dizzy posted:

Have they given any indication as to whether or not they will open this into prequel territory?

Yes, they announced at Gen Con 2018 that Clone Wars factions (CIS and Republic) would be coming this year. No specifics as to products/units yet.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

They’re doing a “here’s what’s going on” kind of thing at Adepticon, and said there’s going to be a product announcement. Might be new factions. It’s a logical place to launch that kind of thing.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
There’s also going to be new product announcements for the Star Wars lines at Adepticon in two weeks and if I was a betting man I’d say CIS/Republic for Legion would be a safe bet for what’s going to get showcased.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yes, they announced at Gen Con 2018 that Clone Wars factions (CIS and Republic) would be coming this year. No specifics as to products/units yet.

Sweet! One of the things thats been stopping me from getting in on this game is the lack of faction diversity, and my own pet peeve of making a regular mini-wargame based on an iregular conflict :argh:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

So Krennic, Veers (who I think you want in the list), 3 bare stormtrooper quartets to meet your corps requirement, and four bare deathtroopers leaves you with 196 points of upgrades. I am gonna spam some black armored nerds. :black101:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I own legion scale Krayt Dragons.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Owlbear Camus posted:

I own legion scale Krayt Dragons.

How do you randomise movement?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Death Troopers more spoit.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/3/22/imperial-enforcers-1/

E-11D in Focused Fire config seems potentially nasty for running the board: Reach out at range 4 and potentially panic a courage 1 corps unit with one shot.

Now that they are spoiled and seem expensive out the gate and upgrade dependent not sure If I'd ever run more than two squads.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Clone wars coming to Legion. New core box with Republic and Separatist for $100. They’re also changing the plastic to a harder material and going to models on sprue like warhammer.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Droids will be 8+ per unit and will be exactly as effective as they were in the movies

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Going ahead and doing an upgrade card pack based around the idea that people may not want that new starter or anything to do with the new factions is a nice move. It's good that they got away from the lovely model of 1st edition X-Wing and are setting a precedent for getting cards you need without buying models that you don't. It was pretty ok anyway with just empire and rebels, but it would have otherwise gotten messy with the prequel stuff plus other factions like scum being likely down the line.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

... As much as I don't need another game to collect, and despite my misgivings on the prequels, I do like the Droid army aesthetic. And tbh Clone Troopers ain't bad.

Hmm.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'd actually stopped getting rebels, because I was thinking I'd get clones.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

My buddy Devlan Mud is a huge CISsy, and loves destroyer droids, so this will probably re-blue him to the game. I offered to split a core or two with him just to have an era-appropriate OpFor. That sidecar BARC is cute.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I like where this is going!

... But I also really don't need to buy more miniatures.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Just thinking about prequels characters and where they would go.

Does Maul go into separatists, or a later Scum faction?

Does Palpatine/Sidious get new models for one or both of the new factions?

I can't see them not doing light/dark side versions of Anakin. Maybe one dual faction model pack?

Count Dooku & Mace Windu will probably be the next characters released.

Get ready for the dinky little Yoda. Brace thyselves for Amidala.

We will get Jar Jar when they are ready to go all Gungan. Everyone will secretly want Boss Nass and try (but fail) to resist narrating their turns in the voice of Brian Blessed (badly).

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

There better be a single C3-PO head in that battle droid box.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'm hyped about droids, but mostly because I can paint a full army to a good standard in like 15 minutes. Burned out on white after one stormtrooper squad. Death troopers arrived too late.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Paint em as the 41st.

Also, honestly? Clone wars has so much more in the way of table ready vehicles. The prequels were bad but they are a much more fertile time period to base a game on in terms of pure mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Failson posted:

I like where this is going!

... But I also really don't need to buy more miniatures.

Me too, FFG are making all the right decisions that just might grab me and pull me into collecting a force or two of Legion troops.

I honestly never thought anything prequel would be the reason but those clone troopers, battle droids and fully customizable Grievous in 3 potential poses are calling to me.

I also really want to paint up a squad of Death Troopers with Krennic.