Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Of course this didn't happen but suck poo poo anyway jobless loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jobson groeth posted:

Of course this didn't happen but suck poo poo anyway jobless loser.

The real reason Michael Monroe can't get a gig in healthcare is he keeps getting mistaken for one of the patients.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Jerry Cotton posted:

The real reason Michael Monroe can't get a gig in healthcare is he keeps getting mistaken for one of the patients.

:wtc:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I like how he says he never got a single interview, yet he was told the reason why he isn't getting hired. Because that happens.

I've been rejected by a LOT of jobs, and I can't remember a single time where they gave an honest reason for it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
This is a great example of a guy not realizing what an rear end in a top hat he looks like. It starts with the narrator calling customers cattle and just keeps getting worse.

Some guy who watched too much DBZ posted:

Shut Down a Karen by being SUPER LOUD

On mobile, yadda yadda, you know the drill.

I left retail a few years ago and noticed a dramatic improvement in my physical and mental health, largely due to the reduced contact with the listless cattle you see in the stores.

However, it seems that the Customer Service Vibe never completely washes off, because I was recently accosted in a liquor store by a woman with a Jean jacket and the all-too-familiar haircut we all know and hate.

The particular store in question is part of a chain set up like a reduced-size Sam's Club but the only things they sell are booze and cigars. Great place to blow a paycheck.

I got to leave work a little early due to working some extra hours at the beginning of the week, and I was completely fried. The plan was to grab a craft beer I'd never tried and maybe some slightly pricier bourbon and just chill. My work's dress code was flexibly business casual, so I was wearing dress shoes & slacks with a dark polo.

Which is regrettably similar to the store's uniform, only some of the associates wore aprons and all of them had the store name embroidered on the polos.

I was knelt down near the end of a beer aisle when I overhear a woman talking to her boyfriend one row over. They're trying to find a nitro stout and aren't seeing it because the aisle they're in sorts by local beer and the one they want is from out of state, conveniently about 2 shelves over from me.

I speak up and wander around the corner to let them know where I saw it, and they thank me and ask if I've had it before. We chat briefly about one or two others that we've had that are similar but not as good, and then I get back to my browsing.

Then I feel a tap on my shoulder.

Karen: Excuse me.

Me: Sorry; am I in your way?

Karen: No, but can you help me find where the [brand of whiskey I'd never heard of] is?

Me: Uhhh, what kind of liquor is that?

Karen: I think it's a whiskey?

Me: ok, do you know if it's a bourbon or an Irish whiskey or-?

Karen: pulling a mock sad face I don't; sorry.

Me: well, the whiskeys are 3 aisles that way with the bourbons on the left side and everything else on the right. Unless it's scotch, which is over there.

Karen: ...aren't you going to take me there?

Me: Sorry; I've got to pick up my own stuff and get home. There should be someone around here who knows the selection a bit bette-

Karen: I can't believe you won't help me! That's really rude!

Me: Lady, I don't work here; I just drink a lot.

Karen: I want to talk to your manager!

At this point, I was yet unseasoned to the ways of the mid 50s Entitled Boomer Trash, so I shook my head and turned around to keep looking for my own stuff. I hear a soft, scorned little gasp behind me, and feel the nails digging into my shoulder.

Preface: I am not a well-adjusted individual. I have a family history of untreated conditions and I was lucky to get out of primary/secondary school with PTSD and all of my teeth.

My bodily autonomy and personal space are very important to me, and while I am patient and understanding in almost every other regard, this is one issue that you do not push with me.

The split second between feeling her dig in and realizing what's going on, my brain's RPMs have buried the needle and I am half a restrained impulse from biting off her manicured princess fingers and gouging out her eyes.

I opt instead to take a lesson from our primate cousins and Dragon Ball Z. When poo poo gets bad, YELL TO ASSERT YOUR POWER.

Me, with a roar so loud it left me hoarse for like 2 days after: GET. YOUR HANDS. OFF ME!

The store goes dead loving quiet.

I grab her hand, wrench it off me, and shove her away with both hands. She stumbles, bumps into a shelf, but doesn't fall over. She's looking at me the way a cow looks at an oncoming train; eyes saucer-wide in disbelief and incredulity, the fear not quite managing to take hold yet.

She opens her mouth to say something that was probably "how dare you" or something similar, but I'm already frothing at the mouth; every D&D Barbarian player has a Rage Boner for what my face looks like right now.

Me, still screaming and stumbling over my words a bit: NEVER loving TOUCH ME, EVER! I WILL RIP YOUR CHEAP rear end IN HALF! LEAVE ME ALONE! LEAVE ME ALONE! LEAVE ME ALONE!

Every time it looks like she's going to interject I cut her off with another "LEAVE ME ALONE."

By now management and one of the other associates are booking it over to defuse what they're sure is going to be imminent violence, and by all appearances they're right; my face is red, my body is shaking and while I'm not that big of a dude, I'm poised for a fight against a comparatively small woman.

Manager: sir, you need to calm down-

Me: I am calm; she needs to keep her hands to herself!

Karen: he assaulted me; call the police!

Me (not as loud; voice cracking) Go ahead, lady; I'll wait. You started this.

Associate: Sir, I need you to come with me.

Me: I'm buying my beer and leaving. Check your security tapes; she came after me first.

Karen, to manager: I want him fired!

Me: I told you; I DON'T WORK HERE! The gently caress is wrong with you?

Manager: sir, I told you to calm down-

Me: LOOK AT THIS!

I pull my shirt collar over and show them where her nails dug in. There's no blood, but it's pretty obvious the marks are fresh and that I didn't do it to myself.

Me: You wanna get the cops involved, fine; pull the drat tapes and we'll talk about pressing charges.

It seems to have dawned on Karen that she might have hosed up. She hasn't said anything.

There's a crowd watching us at this point. I see at least one cell phone recording.

I turn to a random person standing nearby.

Me: Did you see what happened?

Young guy: not all of it. I saw her holding you and you push her away.

Me (voice cracking like a teenager's): Thank you.

At this point I grab the 6 pack I was looking at and start to leave.

Manager: sir, you need to-

Me: I'm leaving. You want to call the cops, I'll wait for you to check the security tapes, but then I'm pressing charges.

I walked towards the tills and set my beer on the counter. The attendant at the desk was looking over my shoulder at the manager but he must have given her the OK, because she scans me out and I leave with my beer.

I made it about halfway home before I had to pull over and weep; the adrenaline crash hit me super hard and I ugly cried for like 5 minutes until I could get enough composure to drive.

I didn't go back to that store for a few months. Either they don't remember me or it was settled after I left.

Moral of the Story: embrace your inner howler monkey. Don't give them a chance to think or wind up their usual indignant tirade.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

quote:

There's a crowd watching us at this point. I see at least one cell phone recording.

Can't wait to see it on r/publicfreakout!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Preface: I am not a well-adjusted individual.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jurgan posted:

This is a great example of a guy not realizing what an rear end in a top hat he looks like. It starts with the narrator calling customers cattle and just keeps getting worse.

I feel really sad for that dude. If it did happen, he needs therapy and a hug because drat. If it didn't happen, he needs therapy and a hug for different reasons.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Jurgan posted:

Moral of the Story: embrace your inner howler monkey. Don't give them a chance to think or wind up their usual indignant tirade.

Usually moral stories underline important principles and teach us how to act in life so that we can achieve positive outcomes. Not sob in your car for 5 minutes after losing your poo poo in public.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
The STDH is coming from inside the house. :tinfoil:

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I'm reminded of some familial fragility that I witnessed a couple Thanksgivings ago. I was having lunch out with my right-leaning aunt and uncle. My aunt went to the bathroom, and as soon as she was out of earshot, my uncle leaned in and whispered conspiratorially, "Did you notice how Obama mandated that there are more black and Indian people on TV?"

I replied, loudly enough for other tables to hear me, "Yeah! It's loving fantastic! I get to see people on the teevee who look like the people I work with and hang out with in real life! It's so cool that they're making fiction look like reality these days! Also, I dunno why you thought Obama mandated that. He doesn't do poo poo in Hollywood. That's creators figuring out how to hire people who don't look the same."

He sat back in his seat as if I'd slapped him with a damp leaf of romaine and kind of spluttered until my aunt returned.

Why he felt the need to wait for li'l miss, "I voted AGAINST HILLARY, not FOR TRUMP," to leave to share his hot takes, I have no idea.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have been mistaken for a store employee dozens of times because I wear a head phone in one ear.
Where are my crazy lady stories?
Then again, I do look like Shrek had a baby with a Taliban fighter.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I have been mistaken for an employee a couple of times, and it went like this:

“Oh hey can you help me with this?”

“Sorry I don’t work here”

“Oops my bad”

And no one clapped :negative:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I got mistaken once for an employee when I was at Walgreens with my red work shirt from my job and I just said "Sorry I don't work here." and they laughed and apologized, even the most curmeodginly people don't act that over the top.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Hey, just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it didn't happen #stdhprivilege

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I AM ALBERT EINSTEIN DON'T TOUCH ME

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/thewillwitt/status/1111074935084974080

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
:hmbol: at this idiots twitter banner image

Seriously though, I went to his page to find out who tf he is, and it appears that everyone responding to his tweet is just as confused as to who this idiot is. I also love that the comments pointed out that the pilot was Albert Einstein, and that the whole plane is still clapping to this day.

Lightning Sloth
Jun 19, 2004

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm the pseudo-handwritten font with paper.jpg in the background.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm Howie Depot

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Huh there's a snopes entry for it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pole-dancer-shovel/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’ve never known the explanation for this and I’m pretty glad there was one!

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

The picture doesn't really fit the "snow shovel" explanation either. Those people definitely aren't fighting! Plus, when you're surrounded by other angry customers, waving money around seems like an incredibly dumb idea.

SerialKilldeer has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Apr 3, 2019

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

It’s somewhat sad how much effort went into that article

Lightning Sloth
Jun 19, 2004

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You can’t argue with the evidence

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

"My friend is causing me emotional trauma due to perpetual secondhand embarrassment."

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I, too, knew someone this insufferable, but she was a vampire. And a witch. And maybe a dream goddess, too.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

And that friend was Daria.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Aleph Null posted:

I, too, knew someone this insufferable, but she was a vampire. And a witch. And maybe a dream goddess, too.

I knew at least two of them. One I had to cut ties with because she was a holocaust denier revisionist. Gods suck.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Number nine doesn't sound like the sort of thing a god would say. I feel a god would probably be more in the camp of "humans are exactly as ridiculous as they have always been".

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'd be shocked if there even was a friend, that reads like OP desperately needing to share their profundities with the world

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'd be shocked if there even was a friend, that reads like OP desperately needing to share their profundities with the world

Yeah there was definitely no friend, that's just the OP. Nobody recounts a huge list of exact quotes from a friend like that, but they certainly embellish (or fabricate entirely) things they said/did/thought would be cool if they did.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Let’s be real, the “one time she...” items are way too generic. I’m picturing a cross between Abby from NCIS and Eeyore, that’s got to be a fun combination and not at all insufferable!

“One time she was sad! One time she was mad! Then she said <profound college/HS student coolness validation signal> and I was like, ‘drat no human has made up those words before must be deity’” *puts on dark purple lipstick* “Actually that’s all me but if I said these things directly to you, you’d die from divinity exposure, something I also made up.”

life is killing me has a new favorite as of 12:58 on Apr 4, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So I put in that Tumblr URL and yikes.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

For the 200th time in this thread, lemme just say that I'm glad social media wasn't around when I was a teenager.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

walrusman posted:

For the 200th time in this thread, lemme just say that I'm glad social media wasn't around when I was a teenager.

A-loving-greed. I've destroyed the cassettes and VHS tapes, but online is forever.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

An ancient, forgotten god turning into a sarcastic rear end in a top hat because humanity sucks is a great idea for a short story though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I kind of hope it is real,but Eve is just some cringeworthy nerd who met another cringeworthy nerd vulnerable to her bullshit and they hit it off in the saddest way possible.