Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

avshalemon posted:

good news everyone, i'm engaged to the tails got trolled guy

Congratz, I hope you'll have plenty of webcomics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
shoulda gone 4 thorsby imo

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Spike also has a new book out, Delver, via comixology.

I loved Templar AZ, she had/has an incredible knack for iconography with the various weirdo factions of Templar. I had a Reclamation t-shirt bitd, and it was awesome.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
Question for you guys: how do you usually read web-comics? online or IRL?

personally i just much prefer doing it online cuz i'm too broke to afford print comics at the moment.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I've never been too interested in print comics. I'd buy them if I was a fan of an online comic though. Bought some Lackadaisy merch back in the day.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Fruity20 posted:

Question for you guys: how do you usually read web-comics? online or IRL?

personally i just much prefer doing it online cuz i'm too broke to afford print comics at the moment.

I read web comics on the web.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Online, mostly delivered to my RSS reader so that I don't lose track of the ones I like.

I'll kick in for kickstarters and merch for the ones I really like, I haven't joined Patreon for any yet but have considered it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mostly online via RSS. Sometimes when I have spare cash I'll buy the PDF of a comic so I can have a backup incase the author ever loses interest and lets the domain expire. I do have a few paper books from before webcomics started offering PDFs.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
(Gaia) All things considered, Vivi (AKA Jael) got off pretty well for being at the center of this. 'Pretty well' being a relative term, of course.

EDIT: This is not the comic with the racoon. It's a fantasy world, but the majority of the characters are human.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 27, 2019

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

(Gaia) All things considered, Vivi (AKA Jael) got off pretty well for being at the center of this. 'Pretty well' being a relative term, of course.
wait is this still the comic with the raccoon

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

nankeen posted:

wait is this still the comic with the raccoon

No. Same authors, but different premise, different tone. It's a fantasy comic, magic and magitech is readily available to most people. It starts out at a magic academy (think high school seniors, not Harry Potter), introduces the very likeable core cast and setting without bogging you down in minutiae, then big trouble slams into the story unexpectedly.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 27, 2019

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
hell

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I've been catching up on my RSS comics feed for the first time in probably six years, and Gaia happened to be on there. The art is good, and the characters are all right, but I get the feeling the authors haven't thought very deeply about how and why their world works, so problems are usually solved by some new gizmo or magic power, and getting stuck in Oakdale was that comic's version of, "They're still in Castle Heterodyne."

That said, it kinda feels like Gaia is nearer the end than the beginning, so that's more than I can say for a lot of other comics on my list. Hooray for archive reading.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I've been catching up on my RSS comics feed for the first time in probably six years, and Gaia happened to be on there. The art is good, and the characters are all right, but I get the feeling the authors haven't thought very deeply about how and why their world works, so problems are usually solved by some new gizmo or magic power, and getting stuck in Oakdale was that comic's version of, "They're still in Castle Heterodyne."

That said, it kinda feels like Gaia is nearer the end than the beginning, so that's more than I can say for a lot of other comics on my list. Hooray for archive reading.

If anything, I think the Jailbreak plotline was the "still in Castle Heterodyne" part. That was about 180 strips. Stuck in Oakdale was about 130, and it was largely to force Lili to learn the difficult spells needed for the thing which just happened recently.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Melon is the most practical character in QC.

Also, love the low-key characterization of Elliot knowing how to talk someone down from a panic attack.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Melon is the most practical character in QC.

Also, love the low-key characterization of Elliot knowing how to talk someone down from a panic attack.

yeah, the last couple strips were legitimately strong

i never really cared much about Roko but this storyline is definitely endearing me to her

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
i too know what its like to spot myself in a reflective surface and instantaneously start going through the stages of grief

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It'd be stronger if they weren't wacky robots.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ogresque posted:

i too know what its like to spot myself in a reflective surface and instantaneously start going through the stages of grief

But don't you see?

She has bangs now, it's a wildly different body and difficult to adjust to :v:

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
wouldnt a highly similar but not quite perfect new body be worse

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

ogresque posted:

Yes.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't pay attention to QC but Blindsprings started updating again and I realized that I missed a few key pages where a character was kidnapped, so the recent updates were super confusing at first

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ogresque posted:

brother, join the club

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ogresque posted:

(I don't disagree I'm just mocking the fact that the "highly similar" body is exactly the loving same because Jeph can't be bothered to draw any significant differences beyond hair)

VV: poo poo, touche

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 28, 2019

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it has actual ears now, to be fair

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's explicit that the new body is not actually very different and that Roko's inability to acclimate is "just one of those things" rather than the body actually being meaningfully wrong.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm the near-total artistic stagnation

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i will harvest the fruit of stones

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
hell

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

o, is it me you’re looking for?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

In other news, A Better Place has just hit the next "Oh poo poo" moment since I last posted about it, which is a good point to post here about it. For instance:

Given what we can infer about Mr. Bun there, it's safe to assume that poo poo's about to get hosed. Really hard. He's never been one much for subtlety, and I don't think he's got any stops left to pull out by this point, so the City of Coins should hope it can put up a better fight than the City of Blades.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
today in never satisfied:

broom girl continues to be the best by radicalizing the baby cop :hmmyes: :hmmyes:

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 29, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Drag that piglet while there's still time for her to turn back!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A while ago, I saw a webcomic that was assembled from old comic panels with new captions, a parody of vampire hunter comics of the 70s. The gist of the first episode was the young male and female assistants coming up with worse and worse things they could do to the vampire, increasingly scatological, while the older hunter clasped his head and insisted that simply staking him would be MORE than sufficient thank you very much.

Ring a bell for anyone?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
No, but I really want to read it.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

delfin posted:

A while ago, I saw a webcomic that was assembled from old comic panels with new captions, a parody of vampire hunter comics of the 70s. The gist of the first episode was the young male and female assistants coming up with worse and worse things they could do to the vampire, increasingly scatological, while the older hunter clasped his head and insisted that simply staking him would be MORE than sufficient thank you very much.

Ring a bell for anyone?

Abhay’s Khosla’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
http://twiststreet.com/2011/05/dracula-index/

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Numero6 posted:

Abhay’s Khosla’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
http://twiststreet.com/2011/05/dracula-index/

That's the one, thank you.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

XKCD is doing one of its things again. Amazed that the poop emoji lost in the first round.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im p sure this isnt aimed at ana but lmao at the idea of a teen thinking that an ambiguous statement isnt being aimed at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I wonder if somebody in the Never Satisfied world ever wrote Carrie.