Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I appreciate the creativity in the shrieking bandit armor, but what the christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Blade Runner posted:

Whoever told you it's impossible is wrong, AI cores are a loot drop from a non-unique enemy spawn so there are unlimited amounts, technically

Though to be fair, what they drop from is, well

Also to be fair, it used to be impossible.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
You know you can hit the medic button to give people the medic/repair jobs but you wont auto splint unless you right click on a person who needs it and hit shift before splinting?
I did not know this until now.

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

OgNar posted:

You know you can hit the medic button to give people the medic/repair jobs but you wont auto splint unless you right click on a person who needs it and hit shift before splinting?

I didn't know there was a way to auto splint, nice!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

So new question from a scrublady, is there a way to use assassination to murder the poo poo out of fools rather than knocking them out? Or at least to kill unconscious enemies? I would not object to being able to play Kenshi of the Shogun.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You have to download a mod sadly. Gives everyone a heart that you can remove to instantly kill them.

KALI MAAAAA

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

dogstile posted:

You have to download a mod sadly. Gives everyone a heart that you can remove to instantly kill them.

KALI MAAAAA

That actually sounds baller as gently caress, know what the mod is called?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

So new question from a scrublady, is there a way to use assassination to murder the poo poo out of fools rather than knocking them out? Or at least to kill unconscious enemies? I would not object to being able to play Kenshi of the Shogun.

You knock them out then put them on a cannibal's pole.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Ms Adequate posted:

Assassination is insanely imbalanced as it is, and this would basically sorta remove all possible challenge from the game by letting you just walk into the final boss' room and instakill him with no risk or effort, so the dev has been really adamant on not letting you kill knocked out people without mods

That said I mean you can already take all their stuff and throw them in the Foglands so who cares

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
This game has a final boss?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Ahhh I didn't think about later in the game. As it stands I'm just trying to bust out of a slave camp (again) but knocking people out for four seconds isn't really cutting it. Time for another tactic!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Ms Adequate posted:

Ahhh I didn't think about later in the game. As it stands I'm just trying to bust out of a slave camp (again) but knocking people out for four seconds isn't really cutting it. Time for another tactic!
It goes up substantially with higher levels of Assassination. At 100 skill, I think it's five minutes or so.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Cardiovorax posted:

This game has a final boss?

Yeah, but it's really spoiler-y both in a lore and gameplay perspective so

Ms Adequate posted:

If you really wanna cheese that, just sneak while in your cage and you should level it up ludicrously fast, then you can just activate sneak and walk away

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Empire Exiles seem nice.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ms Adequate posted:

It's a feature, not a bug! Just keep punching/practicing punching until everyone is dead/delimbed!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Blade Runner posted:

Yeah, but it's really spoiler-y both in a lore and gameplay perspective so
Oh, it's just that guy, I simply checked. Eh, I guess why people would think of him as a "final boss." I just never really got the idea from it. It's not that kind of game, really.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Ms Adequate posted:

Personally I consider that when I am going through and wiping out a slave trading area I think that I would just slit their throats to keep them from constantly getting up after I have taken them down.
I tend to only use it when I have beaten them down and don't consider that OP.

Personal preference though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1591021066

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

OgNar posted:

Personally I consider that when I am going through and wiping out a slave trading area I think that I would just slit their throats to keep them from constantly getting up after I have taken them down.
I tend to only use it when I have beaten them down and don't consider that OP.

Personal preference though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1591021066

The whole issue that comes up is that the game is basically designed around you not doing this, and the dev has mostly said that he doesn't like giving the player abilities that the enemies don't have; basically, notice that the beak things, etc., that eat you when you get downed can have the same happen to them.

It's your business how you play your game, but just imagine how amazingly annoying it'd be if you got killed by every single enemy the second they KO'd you.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Blade Runner posted:

The whole issue that comes up is that the game is basically designed around you not doing this, and the dev has mostly said that he doesn't like giving the player abilities that the enemies don't have; basically, notice that the beak things, etc., that eat you when you get downed can have the same happen to them.

It's your business how you play your game, but just imagine how amazingly annoying it'd be if you got killed by every single enemy the second they KO'd you.
There's a combat lethality setting that you can increase at the beginning of a game, so if what you want is combat where people get knocked out less often, just dial it all the way up. It'll be like a standard game from that point.

Ruins the fun a bit, in my opinion, but everyone's entitled to playing the way they want to. You can import for this, it allows you to reassign those settings while keeping everything else.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Is it possible to make the player character a cannibal?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Gadzuko posted:

Is it possible to make the player character a cannibal?
Only through mods. There are at least a few which add human meat as objects to human NPCs, which can then be eaten. There is also one that actually lets you play with a cannibal model and use cannibal construction. I think it's mechanically unfinished, though.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

There's a Lets Play that i am watching by Aviticus Dragon who has the danger slider or whatever it is turned all the way up.
He generally comes back with half his crew and they are usually missing sometimes multiple limbs.
Thats too dangerous for me. Takes the fun out of it.
But like I said, to each his own. Thats why I love modded games. Boob mods.
Theres a couple of playthroughs I am watching along with my own game. One by Natahans Sandbox, Mathas games and Aviticus.
I just cant get enough of this game.
The Mathas one is a good roleplay of it, but its kinda funny now because he is just now getting his first base (just a building without walls) and realizing the dangers of it.

E: Also, why do I always seem to get here in the daytime.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 29, 2019

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
So...curious...

does anybody else here have to occasionally import to prevent towns from mass cloning themselves?

I wonder if it's a mod, but I just can't get myself to turn off my mods. I love em' all.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Do you mean cloning of NPCs or cloning of buildings? Because there's a button in the Shift-F12 menu that clears up duplicate objects. I press it every so often and it usually tells me it got rid of some duplicate traders or barracks somewhere.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Cardiovorax posted:

Do you mean cloning of NPCs or cloning of buildings? Because there's a button in the Shift-F12 menu that clears up duplicate objects. I press it every so often and it usually tells me it got rid of some duplicate traders or barracks somewhere.

npcs...didn't know the dev tools could take care of it. Only thing I've used them for is remapping/fixing pathways.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Blade Runner posted:

It's a slightly more elegant version of constantly stealing poo poo off of a person's body to force them to break the Playing Dead status. If you decide you want to kill a certain NPC, no amount of laying on the ground will save them, so in that way I think the analogue enemies killing you when you're downed doesn't quite hold up, because they also usually leave after KOing you and don't camp you waiting for another chance to punch your legs off. Enemies are almost always super easy to put down after the first KO, too, so I can totally see an assassination mod being something that just speeds up the inevitable.

Now, being able to assassinate someone you stealth knock out would be way more questionable balance-wise, and I think it would be really weird to be able to not assassinate stealth targets if you could do it to people you knock out in combat, so the choice makes sense from a developer perspective

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

mauman posted:

npcs...didn't know the dev tools could take care of it. Only thing I've used them for is remapping/fixing pathways.

Are you talking about recruitable characters? I've seen repeats of the generic npcs but not the uniques. Kinda think the name list is pretty limited in the non modded game.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Coming back to this after getting kinda bored running a base. I want to make my two Rebirth slaves DBZ characters who punch people's ribcages out. Does food in Rebirth respawn? Do the guards ever actually feed you if you wanna just haul 6 shackles in your inventory for strength training? Basically I want to take these two wimps to Riki-Oh levels and suplex the guards on my way out.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Power Walrus posted:

Coming back to this after getting kinda bored running a base. I want to make my two Rebirth slaves DBZ characters who punch people's ribcages out. Does food in Rebirth respawn? Do the guards ever actually feed you if you wanna just haul 6 shackles in your inventory for strength training? Basically I want to take these two wimps to Riki-Oh levels and suplex the guards on my way out.

They never "feed" you per se but you are magically kept at a constant 115 hunger, forever. I left the game on overnight once and came back at day 150 just to give you an idea of how long you can train.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Excellent! Stockholm Syndrome here I come!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I did basically the same thing and it's very very nice to have two strong guys to bail out the rest of your dudes should a fight go south, but even with two battlemasters I still have no idea how the gently caress you're meant to fight those security spiderbots

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Lure them outside and have your mans 1v1 or get heavy armor for everyone and hope for the best. Or kite them with crossbows or run past them in stealth because gently caress fighting those things.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah my strategy to this point was forming a death spider conga line and leading them outside while the rest of my team runs in and loots

I'm kind of tempted to start over already because I've got so many characters I'm not attached to because none of them have ever needed to prove themselves in combat due to my main prisoners being so goddamn strong

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

OgNar posted:

After 300 hours you tell me this :mad:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Fewd posted:

After 300 hours you tell me this :mad:

It was just pissing me off that even though I had medic and robotics set, no one would ever splint anything. Finally tracked it down.

On another note after a lengthy and retarded discussion with Infinite WIngWang he was hired and promptly abducted by fogmen.
I hope they enjoy WingWang more than I did.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

axelord posted:

Are you talking about recruitable characters? I've seen repeats of the generic npcs but not the uniques. Kinda think the name list is pretty limited in the non modded game.

Nah, that for every character that was, there would be 2...like 2 weapon shop owners, etc...

Recruits too, but it was still weird.

First time I decided to import from this problem was when npcs TRIPPLED. It was a little weird.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OgNar posted:

It was just pissing me off that even though I had medic and robotics set, no one would ever splint anything. Finally tracked it down.

On another note after a lengthy and retarded discussion with Infinite WIngWang he was hired and promptly abducted by fogmen.
I hope they enjoy WingWang more than I did.

I mean, who wouldn't enjoy a facefull of infinite wingwang now and then

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

mauman posted:

Nah, that for every character that was, there would be 2...like 2 weapon shop owners, etc...

Recruits too, but it was still weird.

First time I decided to import from this problem was when npcs TRIPPLED. It was a little weird.
Yeah, this is very definitely not a problem I have ever run into before and I do not think that the dev menu would be able to do anything about that. It fixes things like duplicate building overlapping each other. Sorry.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

my poor gurgler lost his arm to a sand skimmer, so i had to get a mod that lets you use a security spider arm as a prosthetic so he could have a new claw.

it has terrible stats, but a big bonus to strength and unarmed damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Showed someone at work this, in the course of an hour i'd recruited 4 dudes, hired some mercs and went after Tora as a sort of scripted "here this is something you can do to speedrun the early game".

Lost all my mercs, my guys and my legs. KENSHI