Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

Can you please stop standing people up against my backyard fence to be shot?

...you own property?

*hand drifts toward waist*

got any sevens posted:

the 14 #buzzwords

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

quote:

They're calling it "Safe Embarcadero for All."

Extremely hard LOL

"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread."

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Extremely hard LOL

"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread."

:thermidor:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
most of the population of san fran will have to die in the revolution. i dont know anybody who lives there anymore lol. or even oakland, anymore. vallejo or fairfield is the closest someone of my stature can make it to the bay except for a day trip. its a nice enough town but everyone who works for a living is gone and now its full of the most cancerous people on the planet

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
STAY OUTTA THE EMBARCADERO, VALJEAN! STAY OUTTA HERE, DEADBEAT!

Keep your ugly fuckin' goldbrickin' rear end outta my overpriced, piss-smelling waterfront community.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
next earthquake is gonna be celebrated

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

succ posted:

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1111039517710925825

Look how much they raised.

NIMBYs are first against the wall.

I hope this is a scam gofundme.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

succ posted:

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1111039517710925825

Look how much they raised.

NIMBYs are first against the wall.
what happened to you San Francisco, you used to be cool

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Extremely good to see the panopticon serving us rather than oppressing us.

quote:

Key enablers like Intelligent Biometrics technology are already in place to make line management and security screening more efficient, but collaboration is paramount to make air travel truly hassle-free

Do not struggle!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Outrail posted:

Extremely hard LOL

literally all of these chud homeowner groups are called "safe ______". the Seattle one is full of the most unbearable shrieking morons.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dead Beef posted:

what happened to you San Francisco, you used to be cool

tech happened

also loving yikes

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1111078928397918208

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Nextdoor is great because it really tears the mask off of a place. I now know exactly which of my neighbors are assholes.

Dec 26, 2012

Peanut President posted:

See reading this you might think it's some abstract "they check in on potential renters/buyers on facebook and if they're black they dump em" or some other hard to police thing but no. Facebook literally let advertisers mark which races they didn't want seeing ads.

actually clicked through and holy moly, you werent kidding

also

quote:

HUD is also charging that Facebook enabled advertisers to exclude people based upon their neighborhood by drawing a red line around those neighborhoods on a map.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Gerrymandering my neighbourhood's residents to own the minorities.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

actually clicked through and holy moly, you werent kidding

also

tech disrupting racism, by doing the same old racism

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nothus posted:

Nextdoor is great because it really tears the mask off of a place. I now know exactly which of my neighbors are assholes.

It was all of them, except for the few you already knew to be cool.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i live in a 120 year old white flight suburb of a town that (at the time) was the home to one of the only universities for women in the state.

i got on nextdoor for a week when i got my invite and then i realized i don't need to talk to any of these people

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

ekuNNN posted:

I guess I should have seen a brand pivoting to pushing "Brand Supremacy" coming as the logical end point of all these loving brand twitters

The franchise wars are coming, and all restaurants will be Pizza Hut Taco Bell

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

but what about sexuality?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

evobatman posted:

The franchise wars are coming, and all restaurants will be Pizza Hut Taco Bell

drat, we’re gonna need four seashells at this rate

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ScrubLeague posted:

i got on nextdoor for a week when i got my invite and then i realized i don't need to talk to any of these people

isn't nextdoor just a scam to harvest your info and give you access to not-reddit for racists

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
afaik you don't have to put in HELLO MY NAME IS JOHN DIPSHIT AND I LIVE AT 123 rear end in a top hat LANE APARTMENT #2 MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IS 123-55-6789, it's email + neighborhood for the signup/invite

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

EugeneJ posted:

isn't nextdoor just a scam to harvest your info

As opposed to all other vc-funded online services.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

EugeneJ posted:

isn't nextdoor just a scam to harvest your info and give you access to not-reddit for racists

Nah that's Facebook

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nextdoor is where to go if you want to be updated on black people walking on the sidewalk as soon as it happens and also to find classified ads for "need full-time home health aid, will pay $5/hour"

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

nextdoor is where to go if you want to be updated on black people walking on the sidewalk as soon as it happens and also to find classified ads for "need full-time home health aid, will pay $5/hour"

i learned that james kirker who has a number of things named after him in my area of the bay was a notorious scalp hunter of indigenous people and all around piece of poo poo back in the mid 19th century

my wife posted this on nextdoor like wtf why are we honoring this psychopath and most of the responses were along the lines of "too bad he's not around to kill all the black people walking around the neighborhood"

she was very upset and im like :shrug: what did you expect

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wonder if there's a single neighborhood/building website out there that hasn't almost immediately been taken over by the local scum who drive normal people away.

"To join this site, here are the rules. 1.) The word "human being" must be included in every sentence you write. 2.) That is all."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I wonder if there's a single neighborhood/building website out there that hasn't almost immediately been taken over by the local scum who drive normal people away.

"To join this site, here are the rules. 1.) The word "human being" must be included in every sentence you write. 2.) That is all."

it's a doomed business model designed to appeal only to homeowners association petty dictators and wanna be cop grandmas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

it's a doomed business model designed to appeal only to homeowners association petty dictators and wanna be cop grandmas

i had to live under a condo board once and the best description i've ever heard was that it was seated entirely by people "born to be old"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No because it turns out most people become petty racist dictators when they purchase property. It's our broken culture.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/brandyzadrozny/status/1111690761853173760?s=21

look, just because we plaster ads for McDonald’s every ten feet doesn’t mean we’re physically stopping you from drinking kale smoothies instead

Dec 26, 2012

sure, our business model is predicated on conditioning you to continue watching more and more insane content, but it doesn't always work so everything's ok

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I'm going to spin these Nazi videos around in front of me... and if any of them get viewed, its your own fault!

badguyfromthegame
Jan 23, 2014

So why does google get to pretend to be progressive again?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think "get to" has become my least favorite phrase in the English language.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
why would google do anything about the rabbit hole effect? the system is working perfectly. the goal is to maximize viewing time and leading people along a series of angry or paranoid videos does a good job of that, gg algorithms

it's like asking fast food joints to stop putting dangerous levels of sodium in their food. yes it's bad for people, but it keeps them coming back

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/unabanned/status/1111632059137736704

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

General Dog posted:

I think "get to" has become my least favorite phrase in the English language.

I could care less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
They brought flop houses back and call them co-living spaces. I love the future.