Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

continuing to lol that there's a country dumber and less functional than america out there

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

this is amazing, thanks

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wamsutta posted:

continuing to lol that there's a country dumber and less functional than america out there

lmao

We're americas racist grandma so it makes sense

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
another failed brexit vote, it's like:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

twoday posted:

Every time we end up trapped inside one of these flow charts, it always goes to the question mark, which then later unfolds into another flowchart

Someone should combine them all into a single flowchart so we can see how far we've come

this is how you go insane and the bandersnatch finds you

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

also lmao at brexit, a sincere thank you to the limeys for a continuing source of laughter for quite some time now

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Randler posted:

How are the chances she makes a desparate play for one of those "Queen makes a speech, therefore it is technically a new parliament" things (progues? prerogation?) now?

the problem with a throne speech is that it has to be voted on and pass. if it doesn’t the government immediately falls and you go to an election

they can’t just prorogue, wait a day, and then start over without a de facto confidence vote

also the queen has to agree to suspend parliament and while it’s unlikely she refuses it’s her royal prerogative to say “you’re being children, go sit down in your House of Commons and figure it out” and then you’d have a different kind of crisis happening

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Squizzle posted:

it means brexit

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I seriously hope the queen has to get involved because that’s the true maximum chaos option

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shear Modulus posted:

the only flowchart i subscribe to is one that goes from Brexit to Brexit because brexit means brexit!!!!

https://twitter.com/atmccann/status/1111570835712733184

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Choose your own adventure: BREXIT

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Number19 posted:

I seriously hope the queen has to get involved because that’s the true maximum chaos option

She must unleash the corgis

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

The meaning of anything ultimately has two outcomes:

1: Brexit
2: TROMP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/1111654741011021824

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

wasn't that MV3 today?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

wasn't that MV3 today?

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1111657158519730178

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Somehow this won't be the Conservatives' fault.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

meaningful vote 3.5

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

meaningful vote 3.5

You can (not) brexit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why would parliament agree to such a run off vote

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

why would parliament agree to such a run off vote

I don't know why they were able to do the same thing a third time, let alone a fourth.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Meaningful Vote XXVIII : This time its persoMeaningful

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

You can (not) brexit

you cannot grasp the true form of brexit

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

can’t wait for bercow to tell her to gently caress off when she tries for MV4

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I genuinely love that Teresa May is so unpopular she was unable to even make her position more popular by promising to gently caress off forever if it passes

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

prefect posted:

I don't know why they were able to do the same thing a third time, let alone a fourth.

today’s vote was “substantially different” because it was only for half of the legislation needed (the deal without the political statement)

there’s really no other way she has left that can reach that “substantially different” bar now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

wasn't that MV3 today?

I assume they mean the exact same terms as MV3 was today - no political declaration. I don't know how they get that past what Bercrow has said though?

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Brexit's not dead! 'e's pinin' for the fjords!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I genuinely love that Teresa May is so unpopular she was unable to even make her position more popular by promising to gently caress off forever if it passes

She was polling higher than any pm ever before the 2017 election and the Tories had a more than 20% lead over labour and she lost their majority

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
surely we will eventually agree to a majority vote for a specific plan that only won a fractional majority when it was entirely abstract - every conservative british MP

Jose posted:

She was polling higher than any pm ever before the 2017 election and the Tories had a more than 20% lead over labour and she lost their majority

Yeah I remember when she called that election to shore up more conservative seats for her plan.

An all time backfire

gregday
May 23, 2003

edit: goddamnit not again

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jose posted:

CRUSH

THE

SABOTEURS

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

meaningful vote 3.5

paizo gonna make their own parliament

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

surely we will eventually agree to a majority vote for a specific plan that only won a fractional majority when it was entirely abstract - every conservative british MP

Yeah I remember when she called that election to shore up more conservative seats for her plan.

An all time backfire

If any UK posters feel bad go to page 1 of this thread and return to a time when May was just about to crush Corbyn for good

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hentai Jihadist posted:

If any UK posters feel bad go to page 1 of this thread and return to a time when May was just about to crush Corbyn for good

This is actually a fun suggestion.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I love that May could have won the GE and gotten 450 seats if she had just hidden in Number 10 for the whole 6 weeks and not let the public get to know her.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

The Lord’s bar, The Bishop’s bar, The Peer’s dining room, The Peer’s guest room, The Pugin room, The Terrace Pavillion, The Stranger’s bar, The Terrace Cafeteria, The Thames Pavillion, The Speaker’s State Rooms, The River restaurant, Bellamy’s, The Debate, The Jubilee room, The Adjournment, The Member’s Dining Room, The Stranger’s Dining Room, The Sport’s and Social bar, The Inter-Parliamentary Union Room, The Churchill Room, The Cholmondeley Room, The Barry room, The Home room, The Jubilee Cafe, The Atlee Room, Millbank House Cafeteria, The River dining rooms and Moncrieffs (the club house for journalists).

My list of places is not exhaustive, as I am told that there are nearly 30 places to drink across the entire parliamentary estate.

I should have been an MP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001