Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
From Facebook via RPGnet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Stephenls posted:

:vince:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Those are big models. Never realized the size of those big boys before.

E: I appreciate the heft and sturdiness of papa burgle

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 29, 2019

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Stephenls posted:

I wanna see all 4 on a table together now.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Has anyone played around with 3D scanning Warhammer models? We're borrowing a Structure 3D Sensor and it's not super great. It needs way more sunlight than you get in the Pacific Northwest, and it's a hassle to line up and calibrate.

Here's the result of the test I did:

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Finished my Imperial Knight last night. Love me some weathered hazard stripes.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Duct Tape posted:

Beautiful. How'd you get it so dusty looking?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Hihohe posted:

Sometimes, I want to do this but I feel too polite and cowardly to go through with it

I know we've most passed the topic but I wanted to say, a kind but direct "_____ is really making this unfun, are you able to stop so we can finish?" Shocks people out of their bullshit pretty quick, and said with sincerity is much less aggressive.

Or you know, gently caress em. Shame nerds, gently caress dorks. Antisocial chuds learn through the crucible of humiliation.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Duct Tape posted:

It's so good. Would you share how you did the eyes?

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Lizard Combatant posted:

Beautiful. How'd you get it so dusty looking?

The vast majority of my weathering follows the pattern:
1) Base coat <base coat color>
2) Sponge on Rhinox Hide
3) Wash with Agrax Earthshade
3) Sponge on <base coat color>

I did that for the yellow on the hazard stripes with Averland Sunset, as well as the red panels with Korne Red. If you're talking about another part of the model, let me know and I'll tell you exactly what I did.

Maneck posted:

It's so good. Would you share how you did the eyes?

Easiest part of the whole model! Stormhost Silver followed by Waystone Green, varnished with Glosscote. Doing that makes them absolutely glow in person. It's awesome.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Reynold posted:

Incidentally, beerhammer at home is way more fun than my FLGS ever was, and I don’t have to worry about tryhards and other gamer scum when me and my bros are throwing armies full of whatever we think is cool at each other.

So much truth here.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cessna posted:

So much truth here.

This is the reason I collect and don't play. I can't be bothered organising games or rocking up for a pick up game that has the same variability in opponent temperament/sportsmanship as a game of DOTA2. My old beerhammer friend moved away. We used to play huge games of 30k over the course of a day then modify the rules while drunk to guarantee maximum bloodshed or we'd play sets of four days over eight weeks as a small campaign.

I guess I'm old and I already have enough friends so idk, going to a club or store to play just doesn't appeal to me at all even though I like seeing other people's armies.

e: painting and building was always more core for me than playing because I was an only child, so warhammer was a really good way for me to sink lots of time as a kid that liked art and space nazism.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
New KotS kind of makes the old demons look like poo poo

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I’m pleased as punch that GW is leaning into androgyny with the new slaanesh stuff. It’s a great look and I’m can’t wait to experiment with different washes and filters (purple tinted skin is cool but what about orange hmmmmmmm?)

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

New KotS kind of makes the old demons look like poo poo

I still really like the Lord of Change, and at least the Great Unclean One is supposed to look like poo poo.

Skarbrand/Bloodletters could look better, though.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

fashionly snort posted:

I’m pleased as punch that GW is leaning into androgyny with the new slaanesh stuff. It’s a great look and I’m can’t wait to experiment with different washes and filters (purple tinted skin is cool but what about orange hmmmmmmm?)

I think it's interesting they also kept a hint of the old KotS with the horns/goat head. I like it and kind of dislike it at the same time. But yeah overall the KotS is a 10/10 and look fun as heck to paint.

Stephenls posted:

I still really like the Lord of Change, and at least the Great Unclean One is supposed to look like poo poo.

Skarbrand/Bloodletters could look better, though.

Yeah I think great unclean one is the next best. Bloodthirster looks downright weak in comparison.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah I think great unclean one is the next best. Bloodthirster looks downright weak in comparison.

Yeah I think tzeentch and nurgle are still solid models but the khorne one looks like an a get child

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The khorne one looks like I expect though. A short angry man that spent a little too much time juicing at the gym to make for his (excuse the pun) shortcomings.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

LordAba posted:

The khorne one looks like I expect though. A short angry man that spent a little too much time juicing at the gym to make for his (excuse the pun) shortcomings.

That's not the actual bloodthirster

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's a named Bloodthirster but still a Bloodthirster. The regular one looks more impressive because of the wings and the stand you can put it on. I don't mind the idea of them being a little squat though, honestly. It just means they have a lower centre of gravity, are harder to push over and put more physical power into their strikes.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The new Greater Daemons are an example of GW's scale creep. Each one has been bigger in some way than the last. BT being 1st made it the smallest, when really it should have been the biggest (apart from maybe the GUO) because it's far more 'physical' than the others who rely on magic and trickery to do their thing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm seeing people melting down on the internet shout people wanting lore changes, does anyone know what those theoreticls changes are

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Zark the Damned posted:

The new Greater Daemons are an example of GW's scale creep. Each one has been bigger in some way than the last. BT being 1st made it the smallest, when really it should have been the biggest (apart from maybe the GUO) because it's far more 'physical' than the others who rely on magic and trickery to do their thing.

You mean like tricking their enemies into thinking they're tougher physically than they really are (by inflating their size)?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

DandyLion posted:

You mean like tricking their enemies into thinking they're tougher physically than they really are (by inflating their size)?

That has literally never been the case for Tzeentch (invisibility) or Slaanesh (glamours, pheromones).

If anything the LOC should look incredibly frail and weak to hide how strong they actually are (i.e. very strong compared to mortals, but nothing compared to a BT).

IMO the KOS should be a bit taller than the BT by merit of standing at full height while the BT is hunched over. If the BT stood straight it should be the tallest of the GDs.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Help me out goons, I need a good chapter name for these pokey boys. I thought I would just come up with something but brain no good at thing sometimes.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Jaws of Retribution popped out of the name generator.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
“... the Aristocrats!”

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TKIY posted:

Help me out goons, I need a good chapter name for these pokey boys. I thought I would just come up with something but brain no good at thing sometimes.

They kind of remind me of pre-heresy World Eaters, so maybe something based on that? Beware of the Moon Munchers!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TKIY posted:

Devastators.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
lmao the scale's fine you babies.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Zark the Damned posted:

It's less creep and more that GW's production quality has gotten better and they're making things consistently sized now. Old stuff had zero consistency, in the mid 2000's it was merely off and now they seem to make stuff that looks like it's the right size.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TKIY posted:

Here are some based on real life gods of evil or chaos:

Sons of Cipactli (Aztec)
The Burning Brand of Unk Cekula (Lakota)
The Howlers of Tannin (Hebrew)
Guabancex's Storm (Caribbean native)
Mouths of Whiro (Maori)
Legion of Hun-tun (Chinese)

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Yeah, the scale is totally fine on those 4 greater daemons.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

The Jaws of Retribution popped out of the name generator.

I really kinda like that...

Several good names here. Thanks hams. Feel free to keep throwing them out, and/or insult me and my painting.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

TKIY posted:

The Blue Maim Group

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
The Blues Battle Brothers.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Hey, just a quick question. I've mostly just been into the painting side of the hobby, but I'm kinda wanting to dip my toe into actually playing against people. The one thing I'm a bit worried about is, how strict do people get about painting your detachments different colors? I know painting everything one way is lovely cause you can't tell the different clans/legions/whatever apart, but I kinda want a consistent color scheme to my army. So, would something like painting the rims of the bases different colors be okay (or the full bases themselves, I don't really care), or should I just stick to one Clan for the entire Army?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Desfore posted:

Hey, just a quick question. I've mostly just been into the painting side of the hobby, but I'm kinda wanting to dip my toe into actually playing against people. The one thing I'm a bit worried about is, how strict do people get about painting your detachments different colors? I know painting everything one way is lovely cause you can't tell the different clans/legions/whatever apart, but I kinda want a consistent color scheme to my army. So, would something like painting the rims of the bases different colors be okay (or the full bases themselves, I don't really care), or should I just stick to one Clan for the entire Army?

If your detachments have different rules/subfactions, then you should have a way for your opponents to differentiate them visually. It doesn't have to be whole new schemes, but it can be icons, trim color, basing... As long as it's clear who gets what bonus

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

If your detachments have different rules/subfactions, then you should have a way for your opponents to differentiate them visually. It doesn't have to be whole new schemes, but it can be icons, trim color, basing... As long as it's clear who gets what bonus

I'm planning on a unified painting scheme and just 3D printing small tokens to place with the squads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Was a fluff reason given for Havocs increasing to T5? Seems like a kind of odd choice to me.