Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Isn't Vanilla Ice a rapper?

Here's a translation of the Italian writing, incidentally.

yep. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Notorious BIG is a cool fight and i feel the turning point in part 5 cus every fight after this gets crazier than the last

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk4ftn4PArg

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Expect My Mom posted:

Mista Did Nothing Wrong

I still enjoy how Mista is genuinely incapable of firing a bullet without injuring himself.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Retromancer posted:

Is this the first rapper name in Jojo?

I guess Sticky Fingaz started rapping in 1991 so that could count.

Given the zipper powers, I had always assumed Sticky Fingers was a Rolling Stones reference

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
funny yet also lowkey hosed up that Araki named a stand whose gimmick is that it activates after death after a musician that died less than a year prior (at the time the manga was being made)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

spicy lady

god loving drat spicy lady

i didn't mind the name changes in part 4 so much but these are really grinding my gears

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I want to see a Tupac stand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
getting mad at the name changes is dumb because of the labyrinthine hornets nest of music copyrights

getting mad at the good ones like Spicy Lady is even dumber

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Condiv posted:

spicy lady

god loving drat spicy lady

i didn't mind the name changes in part 4 so much but these are really grinding my gears

I think spicy lady is extremely funny personally

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
yeah spicy lady loving rules

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
ya Spicy Lady is good

Notorious Chase is bad tho, they should have named it Infamous H.U.G.E

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 29, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Name changes aren't too bad since they actually say it in the sub.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Crunchyroll also doesn't really write the name changes like I see a lot of people say, I assume that Viz is also in a lot of those talks too so there's internal consistency of what names are used

I agree that some of the ones they go with are weak, but like, they could be named alksdhailshdnlak'pg4ajfasjsdli for all i care, I know what they are and I can hear them say it

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I'm pretty sure all the name changes were the same ones in All Star Battle/Eyes of Heaven so the new names are definitely coming down from on high.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel more bad for when the dub is gonna have to have stuff like Zipper Man and Lil Bomber said out loud.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
What I'm really mad about is this scene being cut. Some of you may have wondered how the Gangstars even got a plane

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Never bring a gun to a stand fight without also having a stand, I guess.

Incidentally, has it been determined whether Sex Pistols can deflect incoming fire? Is he bulletproof as long as his stand is active?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

Incidentally, has it been determined whether Sex Pistols can deflect incoming fire? Is he bulletproof as long as his stand is active?

The fight against White Album seems like a pretty definitive "no" on deflecting bullets.

Retromancer posted:

Isn't deflecting incoming fire basically how he beat Kraftwerk?

They were on that bullet before it started moving, so deflecting that shot wasn't any different from how they normally redirect Mista's shots.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

actually over at crunchyroll they have to look away from their videowork every now and then and what happens is some absolute joker just kinda walks in and starts changing every stand name to something different to gently caress with everyone. somehow he keeps getting away with it and crunchyroll is powerless to stop it because they keep forgetting to check until after the episode is sent out

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The crunchyroll staff also aren't super keen to make sure the new episode is working in the UK apparently.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Retromancer posted:

Yeah but those were also bullets he originally shot. I don't know if they can do that to any bullet ever, though I guess unless Araki gave some bullshit reason (not out of the question) it seems like that ability should generalize to all incoming fire

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Why'd they edit the text to say CHASE but not sub it.

It was subbed in japanese

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Here's the sub again for anyone who didn't see it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

they could be named alksdhailshdnlak'pg4ajfasjsdli for all i care,

I want this unironically.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

El Burbo posted:

Why'd they edit the text to say CHASE but not sub it.

It was subbed in japanese
If I had to make an excuse, it's that english takes so much more characters to say the same thing in japanese, so it would just be an absolute mess to look at for the five - ten seconds it's on screen.

It should def be subbed, but it not like there's something on there super critical that Giorno doesn't exclaim aloud and i think the plot twist of "but i wrote it!!!!!!' is nonsense

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XbDfc3OaZI

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The animation and direction for this episode was real nice, they really delivered the goods for horror atmosphere of this chapter

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Mista don't shoot guns on a plane for God's sake.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

And DO NOT just cover a broken plane window with a tray.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Even though I knew it was coming I still got spooked when Notorious B.I.G. Chase hit the plane while Trish was looking out the window.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm loving Spicy Lady as a translation for Spice Girl. Also it's great to have a good old fashioned horror movie stand battle.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Mista don't shoot guns on a plane for God's sake.
no one exhibited proper airplane safety today, mista is not solely at fault

if only kakyoin was here to remind everyone not to use their stands inside planes and then vomit emeralds everywhere

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Expect My Mom posted:

If I had to make an excuse, it's that english takes so much more characters to say the same thing in japanese, so it would just be an absolute mess to look at for the five - ten seconds it's on screen.

It should def be subbed, but it not like there's something on there super critical that Giorno doesn't exclaim aloud and i think the plot twist of "but i wrote it!!!!!!' is nonsense

Also the dub has been really good about changing on-screen text, so it won't even be a problem by then.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

A Big... Dog posted:

And DO NOT just cover a broken plane window with a tray.

This was the thing about the episode that bothered me the most.

ManlyGrunting posted:

I'm loving Spicy Lady as a translation for Spice Girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ&t=88s

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BIG might be one of my favorite stands in the series, it's really cool and unique.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I lament that they left out the scene of Bruno casually asking the guy if they could steal the place.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I lament that they left out the scene of Bruno casually asking the guy if they could steal the place.

It's a worthy trade for the boat dance but I agree wholeheartedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

BIG might be one of my favorite stands in the series, it's really cool and unique.

It's kind of a mix of Ebony Devil and Yellow Temperance, but it's still pretty cool and way better than either of those Stands were.