Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can we talk about how Shigaraki used to have a corgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

No I don't want to.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That last cliffhanger line, though. :suspense:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vinylshadow posted:

I can see why he became a villain owning one of those

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Can you imagine petting a dog so hard it dissolves?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Am I supposed to know what that third to last panel on the last page is showing? From the context my guess is it's what remains of Giran, but it doesn't actually look like anything to me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Scholtz posted:

Can you imagine petting a dog so hard it dissolves?

Of mice and men isn't far off

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Am I supposed to know what that third to last panel on the last page is showing? From the context my guess is it's what remains of Giran, but it doesn't actually look like anything to me.

Yeah, I'm super confused by what I'm supposed to be seeing there too.

I did see someone point out that the building in that last panel looks like it's Overhaul's old base.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, I'm super confused by what I'm supposed to be seeing there too.

it's giran's scarf, with what looks like a severed finger on top

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chapter theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PP-X90IJUc

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This chapter was great and all, but all I can think of now is Mothra Deku.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hori really does seem to not like just having extended amounts of dark stuff in the series. I imagine that's why he opened with that.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Viridiant posted:

This chapter was great and all, but all I can think of now is Mothra Deku.

I've seriously been giggling over it all morning.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Did dealer-san get turned into a pile of intestines?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Since all the Shigaraki stuff is set in the past, I wonder if they are setting up for Joker being overconfident because he doesn't know The League of Villains got much better after beating/gaining the respect of Gigantomachia

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

lunar detritus posted:

Since all the Shigaraki stuff is set in the past, I wonder if they are setting up for Joker being overconfident because he doesn't know The League of Villains got much better after beating/gaining the respect of Gigantomachia

this entire arc is absolutely going to be about the League going through Destro's remnants like a hot knife through thin ice

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I want them to have to work for it. Helping to destroy the Yakuza guys was them just loving around.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if Deku and the others are even going to be involved in this story or if it's just going to be purely villain vs villain.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

Considering all this build-up, the only thing I can think of for the meaning of "the League of Villains will be destroyed" is them evolving past their current name and (lack of) vision. I really, really can't see all this ending with the League getting Worfed by Objectivist Joker.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I feel dumb because I still don't really get what's up with the hands. Are they just...symbolic?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, Twice can create a max of one clone at a time, but his clones keep the Quirk of the original and can use it like normal. So if he clones himself then the Clone Twice can clone someone else and so on and so forth, which is what lead to how he gained his uncertainty over whether or not he is his original version.

Two Clones. He can create two.

He also does not need the original near him, as he created a Compress Clone when they were miles apart.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Im disappointed this didn't lead into a Spinner Moment like the cliffhanger sort of implied, but otherwise good chapter

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sindai posted:

I feel dumb because I still don't really get what's up with the hands. Are they just...symbolic?

Besides which, shouldn't he also have a pair of corgi paws?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Countblanc posted:

Im disappointed this didn't lead into a Spinner Moment like the cliffhanger sort of implied, but otherwise good chapter
It could always happen later.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Countblanc posted:

Same. You can sort of see the gears spinning in his mind when Shigaraki mentioned he wants to destroy everything. He wants to reform the system, and completely destroying everything is not what he signed up for.

Agronox posted:

My guess is that the Corgi was completely disintegrated. That, or Shigaraki's got some Corgi paws as necklaces under his shirt.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So All For One is totally responsible for killing his family, right? Like, he either forced that quirk on him or messed with his head somehow to make him go on that killing rampage.

The fact that this chapter was called Distortion instead of Origin just further proves that to me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

So All For One is totally responsible for killing his family, right? Like, he either forced that quirk on him or messed with his head somehow to make him go on that killing rampage.

The fact that this chapter was called Distortion instead of Origin just further proves that to me.

It’s either that or he wiped his memory of everything.

There are a lot of possible options but they all stem from the same center

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Agronox posted:

Maybe the corgi had human hands for feet.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I want to believe that Disintegrate is legit Shigaraki's natural Quirk, we have precedent from Eri. But All for One has almost definitely meddled with associated memories when the aftermath is clear as day.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Agronox posted:

Maybe the hands aren't real hands, but containers that hold the remains of the people he killed. If they were really hands, then he should also have at least one child hand for his sister(?) too.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Oh, Spinner, my poor, sweet summer child.

You are in waaaaay over your head.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thinking about it, that shattering may actually come from the shockwave of Spinner making a heel-face turn and Dabi continuing to be a shithead

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JB version. https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/222/page/3

I think the Mangastream translation was better except for page 9 where it looks like MS mistranslated Shigaraki talking about a possible event as it already happening.

Looking forward to the official on Monday.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

GuyUpNorth posted:

I want to believe that Disintegrate is legit Shigaraki's natural Quirk, we have precedent from Eri. But All for One has almost definitely meddled with associated memories when the aftermath is clear as day.

What are the odds Disintegrate is Dekus original quirk and One For All took Shigarakis quirk. AfO and the doctor implied that they had gotten a healing quirk but it was too lare to use it for OfA.
I'm sure we'll get a hint when we find out what Nanas quirk was.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sindai posted:

The hands were the only remnants of his family after he disintegrated them when his mutation manifested. He wears them because he's hosed up. Wearing them makes Shigaraki remember how hosed up he was when he "found out" he slaughtered his family and corgi.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man now I'm even more excited for Shigaraki's redemption arc!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Oh, Spinner, my poor, sweet summer child.

You are in waaaaay over your head.

stain is a has-been verging on a never-was, spinner needs to get himself a new role model

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder if the whole fracas with the Destro crew happens before or after Dabi sics the high spec on Endeavor.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So are we not gonna talk about John the Nomu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if the whole fracas with the Destro crew happens before or after Dabi sics the high spec on Endeavor.

After.