Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
About to dive into FFXIII-2, is there anything I need to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Chronobind:13-2::Triple Triad:8

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

FFXII doesn't have MMO style combat though. If it did, it would have been a vast improvement.

Modern MMO combat, no, but It's nearly identical to FF11 and other pre-WOW MMOs.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
just did armiger for the first time, you cant loving us magic duringg it and it seems to do nothing special. i was hoping it would actually be some sort of strong attack

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I used it a lot + it does a lot of damage idk try it a few more times

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
It's supposed to get stronger the more royal arms you pick up? Not sure what that actually means. Also the chain attack thing you can do during it is some OK while-invulnerable damage. In Royal Edition they added an item you can get after getting all royal arms that makes it a lot better and is pretty dang cool. (Not sure what point in the game you can actually get all the arms.)

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
You get the last royal arm during chapter 13. Assuming you picked up all of them along the way you will have all the royal arms for the final chapter of the game and can go back to get the item at the next rest point.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just note one of the royal arms the quest level is suppose to be level 55, and it a pretty nasty dungeon. Then again you get a lot of XP there, as I went from level 46 upon entering it to level 60 after two trips there and going to the Island Hotel.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

which dungeon am i likely to have missed that is preventing me from getting the postgame locked doors quest? i got all the royal arms before beating it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

which dungeon am i likely to have missed that is preventing me from getting the postgame locked doors quest? i got all the royal arms before beating it

Isn't getting the key part of a post-game questline? You go to Meldacia Hunters HQ and a woman will be there now who gives you the key as part of the questline

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah that woman isn't there and as far as I can tell you're supposed to beat 4 dungeons first? but I was of the belief I beat all the dungeons before, already

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah that woman isn't there and as far as I can tell you're supposed to beat 4 dungeons first? but I was of the belief I beat all the dungeons before, already

Its the bosses of four specific dungeons so you can narrow down from that, maybe?

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Almost all the things I'm reading say you have to beat all 8 dungeons. (in spite of there being 12....and one of the ones listed doesn't have a boss at all.)

Keycatrich Trench
Greyshire Glacial Grotto
Fociaugh Hollow
Daurell Caverns
Balouve Mines
Steyliff Grove
Crestholm Channels
Costlemark Tower

Of those the ones you don't need to do for main story progression or royal arms.... Daurell Caverns, Crestholm Channels. So I'd guess one of those two off hand.

Then I DID find one that specified 4 instead of 8 and it says Balouve, Daurell, Crestholm, and Costlemark. Which still once again gives Daurell and Crestholm as the most likely candidates. Daurell barely counts as a dungeon though with no real boss in it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm not a lovely greasy chain restaurant pizza. Authentic, local-style, Ivalice pizza.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I wanted to play FF12 again, so i startet it up and decided to go with one job for everyone instead of two and to let rng decide for me. Here’s how it turned out:
1 Monk
1 Bushi
2 Black Mages
2 Time Mages
Healing is going to be a bitch moving forward. Im at the sandsea and allready have one character using cure/potions full time.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Attitude Indicator posted:

I wanted to play FF12 again, so i startet it up and decided to go with one job for everyone instead of two and to let rng decide for me. Here’s how it turned out:
1 Monk
1 Bushi
2 Black Mages
2 Time Mages
Healing is going to be a bitch moving forward. Im at the sandsea and allready have one character using cure/potions full time.

You have a Monk so thats going to help you later. Also 2 black mages wipe out everything on the map and Bushi gets really good eventually.

Stilll 2 Time Mages.... ouch

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chaeden posted:

Almost all the things I'm reading say you have to beat all 8 dungeons. (in spite of there being 12....and one of the ones listed doesn't have a boss at all.)

Keycatrich Trench
Greyshire Glacial Grotto
Fociaugh Hollow
Daurell Caverns
Balouve Mines
Steyliff Grove
Crestholm Channels
Costlemark Tower

Of those the ones you don't need to do for main story progression or royal arms.... Daurell Caverns, Crestholm Channels. So I'd guess one of those two off hand.

Then I DID find one that specified 4 instead of 8 and it says Balouve, Daurell, Crestholm, and Costlemark. Which still once again gives Daurell and Crestholm as the most likely candidates. Daurell barely counts as a dungeon though with no real boss in it.

Ok cool thanks. I suppose that counterintuitively makes Daurell the one I am least likely to have done so I’ll start there!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
The FFXV multiplayer content is a load of hot garbage. Absolute trash, and takes up way too much hard drive space.

Thankfully I didn't buy it separately from the dlc content pass, so I did get the good prompto and ignis dlc out of it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I've either been blessed or very fortunate in that all the characters except like, three, are idiots and the plot is save the world because.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

You have a Monk so thats going to help you later. Also 2 black mages wipe out everything on the map and Bushi gets really good eventually.

Stilll 2 Time Mages.... ouch

Well, haste is good at least...
But yeah, dealing damage is not a problem, but keeping the partys HP up later might be difficult. We’ll see. On the one hand FF12 isn’t that difficult, but on the other im bad at video games (and i don’t want to just grind my way out of any potential problems.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Attitude Indicator posted:

1 Monk
1 Bushi
2 Black Mages
2 Time Mages

You have inspired me and I shall follow suit, though I'll probably take second jobs as well. 12 job fiesta!

E: So far it's Archer, Monk, White Mage and Mechanist. Well, at least I can hit flying enemies.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 31, 2019

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Ive decided FF15 is the next lucky winner. Anything I should know that's not in the BiP wiki? Anything that's changed? And is the fishing game as good as BOF3's?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TheHoosier posted:

And is the fishing game as good as BOF3's?

No but it's still pretty good though.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

TheHoosier posted:

Ive decided FF15 is the next lucky winner. Anything I should know that's not in the BiP wiki? Anything that's changed? And is the fishing game as good as BOF3's?

During Chapter 6 there is a main story quest where the gameplay switches to a more stealth-focused style. This mission has a chance to permanently bug Noctis so that he can't jump or attack.

Faithful Heir has a bug in the Costlemark Tower dungeon if you go through the dungeon without haven't the dungeon quest set as your active quest. Self-Mastered will sometimes not unlock when you unlock your 50th ability node. reload saves

there's several minor bugs that wont go away even if you reload, have to close the game completely for some reason.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Phantasium posted:

No but it's still pretty good though.

It has the best fishing music ever.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You get so many fishing mini games in games and I think the only ones I liked at all were the zelda ones

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

You get so many fishing mini games in games and I think the only ones I liked at all were the zelda ones

XV's is awesome. the feeling I got from catching some of those large fish was better than some bosses.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I started replaying FF8 because I was that stupid kid who used summons for every battle and the game was a slog. I haven't gone full on breaking the game, but even just actually using card mod and know to abuse limits has let me breeze through the game so far. And its still bad; the combat is boring as hell, the story is all over the place, and the environments are just a pain to get around. The game has no charm.

So I put it down and decided to play actual good game FF7. I've got those neural-net uprezed backgrounds and got rid of the mouths they added to the PC release. Are any of the mods available actually recommended / fun?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think after playing through most of it, I don't really like FF13 but I love the soundtrack. It's real good y'all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Due to how 12 and 15 handled music 13 sticks out musically unlike the others and Sunleth Waterway is a surprisingly good track.

I love FFXVs walz theme but the drat thing doesnt play at any sensible or understandable times and seemingly ends just as randomly but its a real good song.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Barudak posted:

Due to how 12 and 15 handled music 13 sticks out musically unlike the others and Sunleth Waterway is a surprisingly good track.

I love FFXVs walz theme but the drat thing doesnt play at any sensible or understandable times and seemingly ends just as randomly but its a real good song.

I actually really liked 12's soundtrack a lot also, but it seems to suffer from not having as consistent of a leitmotif and it's lows are much lower than anything in 13.

e: Finally getting around to 5 after picked up a cheap GBA copy and now this game fucks.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 1, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah the lack of a strong leitmotif for 12 plus a lot of songs being the elevator music of orchestral work doesnt help.

FFV is real good and also a game that expects you to be abusing the hell out of its systems, especially if you do the new post game content

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ItBreathes posted:

I started replaying FF8 because I was that stupid kid who used summons for every battle and the game was a slog. I haven't gone full on breaking the game, but even just actually using card mod and know to abuse limits has let me breeze through the game so far. And its still bad; the combat is boring as hell, the story is all over the place, and the environments are just a pain to get around. The game has no charm.

So I put it down and decided to play actual good game FF7. I've got those neural-net uprezed backgrounds and got rid of the mouths they added to the PC release. Are any of the mods available actually recommended / fun?

There is apparently a retranslation of the entire thing done, so maybe get that too.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Barudak posted:

I only remember one song from FFXV, and that's because the remix of it played a lot when I was listening to the Dissidia NT soundtrack. Apocalypsis Noctis, for the record.

With XII I remember Rabanastre's theme, and I keep thinking I remember the Esper boss theme but whenever I try to hum it a totally different song comes out. I'll grant that I do remember all of XII's music being good, though, just not with any standout memorable tracks.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cleretic posted:

With XII I remember Rabanastre's theme,

You'll never loving forget Rabanastre's theme.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The Florence and the Machine tracks from FF15 are loving great. I don't really remember the soundtrack beyond that but those are really something else and drat if I wasn't blown away by a Final Fantasy game kicking off with a rad cover of Stand By Me.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Sometimes Hitoshi Sakimoto's music sort of just blurs together to me. Sometimes if I hear a song I won't be able to place it in FF12, Tactics or Valkyria Chronicles. Or one or two tracks in Opoona that really feel picked out of FF12. I generally really like his music though.

It's a similar problem I have with Motoi Sakuraba and the Tales Series, Baten Kaitos, Golden Sun and Mario Tennis.

I liked XIII's soundtrack quite a bit - I still have a soft spot for almost every song that played in the Sazh/Vanille sections. They got a lot of good music.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the three songs that you hear in ffxv a lot are really good

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

XV has the chill Prologue rearrangement and it's the best one tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think the biggest reason I don't remember much from.15 other than the Florence tracks was the fact that I spent like 90% of my time with it cruising around with my Bros and listening to the soundtracks of Final Fantasy games I liked better. And Nier: Automata.