Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Spark That Bled posted:

It was difficult, and I admit it was because I missed whatever alternate path there is that everyone else knows about. None of the other control points I completed were quite as hard for me to take control of.

Throwing grenades at a stationary gun emplacement is a pretty high level strat compared to spamming buttons in Anthem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

El Scandelouse posted:

Throwing grenades at a stationary gun emplacement is a pretty high level strat compared to spamming buttons in Anthem.
As is shooting the guy on the turret, that's MLG level marksmanship.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Probably too busy trying to figure out how to get his agent to fly into the air for a sick triple sowcow into headshot.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Let’s not unemployment shame or welfare shame, please. No need to go crab bucket here.

But please anthem shame.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Iron Crowned posted:

You expend a lot of effort defending Anthem's honor, have you considered taking up a better hobby, like Warhammer 40k?

I won't be able to play Anthem, then.

El Scandelouse posted:

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

None of my grenades could reach it from the cover I kept getting killed at, and shooting the guy on the turret just meant another took his place.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Spark That Bled posted:

None of my grenades could reach it from the cover I kept getting killed at, and shooting the guy on the turret just meant another took his place.

If you try again you can move from cover to cover with A. Reduces incoming damage.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

El Scandelouse posted:

If you try again you can move from cover to cover with A. Reduces incoming damage.

I got killed repeatedly when I was moving between cover.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spark That Bled posted:

Maybe you should stop posting and play more Anthem

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
OK at this point I think we need some footage

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teh_Broseph posted:

OK at this point I think we need some footage

This isn't an emptyquote but yes, I wish there was some footage of it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The trick to enjoying anthem is to never be sober. Even then the joy only lasts about two missions, but it's enough to maybe get a shiny gold weapon (of which you already have 3 and the rolls are all worthless).

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

The trick to enjoying anthem is to never be sober. Even then the joy only lasts about two missions, but it's enough to maybe get a shiny gold weapon (of which you already have 3 and the rolls are all worthless).

Please don't destroy your liver over this game

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Spark That Bled posted:

That just sounds like Freeplay in Anthem. In fact, a lot of Anthem's freeplay missions are like the Division's activities, in that they basically just drill down to clearing out areas, killing targets and holding points. And I can just quit out of that anytime when I'm done, with no need to walk back to the fort or any other settlement. I can go back to the Launch Bay, which has it's own Forge and store, and contracts board.

And the point about loading screens for the Forge is meaningless now, because the latest update lets you access it through the pause screen while in the fort or the launch bay, with no load times.

hey, did you know in division 2 you can launch any mission or stronghold by just walking up to it and going in, with no load at all, at any time when you're in the open world?

unlike anthem where you have to load into a single room with a line of text

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Nuts and Gum posted:

My best memories of Anthem are the ones I was too drunk to remember

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

actually the best game to play drunk is practicing driving around in GTAV

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

hey, did you know in division 2 you can launch any mission or stronghold by just walking up to it and going in, with no load at all, at any time when you're in the open world?

unlike anthem where you have to load into a single room with a line of text

Yes, I know, because I've played the beta. And I still didn't buy the game.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Spark That Bled posted:

Jesus Christ, isn't this the first thing you figure out when you're playing any kind of shooter? I remember this situation in Call of Duty 1.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Soneone buy him division 2 and force him to stream

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Kunabomber posted:

Jesus Christ, isn't this the first thing you figure out when you're playing any kind of shooter? I remember this situation in Call of Duty 1.

I never beat gears of war 1 2 3 4 or 5 because there are too many turret baddies. Never figured out how to root them out.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

What's actually sad is that the account is mtx credits. (Unless it's a Dev account I guess)

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

El Scandelouse posted:

I never beat gears of war 1 2 3 4 or 5 because there are too many turret baddies. Never figured out how to root them out.

Dom: FLANK THEM
You: ....

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Kunabomber posted:

Dom: FLANK THEM
You: ....

Every time I popped out of cover I got mowed down. It was weird. I think it was a glitch in every version I played.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
I have beat both Gears of War 1 and 2.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You could chainsaw the whole game on easy

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm 28 hours in and still doing the main missions, as I have done a bunch of freeplay and enjoy just flying around checking poo poo out. I assume it goes to poo poo once I've completed the story and start again on higher difficulty or whatever newgame+ is?
Did you all hate it from the get go, or was it after X hours and finishing the main campaign? If I get 40 hours out of this and then put it down I'll be pretty happy, really.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

A huge skull is way more epic than a tiny baby skulll imo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Spark That Bled posted:

I have beat both Gears of War 1 and 2.

Yeah? Well I beat Halo. On easy AND normal. :smuggo:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
big rear end skull, doo doo doo

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Gromit posted:

I'm 28 hours in and still doing the main missions, as I have done a bunch of freeplay and enjoy just flying around checking poo poo out. I assume it goes to poo poo once I've completed the story and start again on higher difficulty or whatever newgame+ is?
Did you all hate it from the get go, or was it after X hours and finishing the main campaign? If I get 40 hours out of this and then put it down I'll be pretty happy, really.

The main rub is that ‘gamers’ want online games to fill the void of their meaningless lives, and when you only get 40 hrs playtime they feel cheated. Also the game was hyped to be something it clearly isn’t, but lol if you ever believed ea marketing material. The beta exposed all of the games flaws, if you played that and still bought it and bitch about it ur a bitch.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I have also played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on N64, so as you can see my video games credentials are both lofty and refined.

Anthem is more like the out of service due to vandalism public restroom of video games.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Yeah, Anthem is still poop because of the wasted potential but 40 hours of entertainment for $60 (or $35 if you bought an nvidia code / $15 with a sub) is a good deal. Of course, that assumed all entertainment is made equal which it isn’t. This is sexy bad entertainment that looked flashy in the trailers but now makes me feel bad for sinking my limited dad gaming time into this instead of other, better games.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Spark That Bled posted:

Yes, I know, because I've played the beta. And I still didn't buy the game.

Div 2 beta was better than anthem is r now

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Kaysette posted:

Yeah, Anthem is still poop because of the wasted potential but 40 hours of entertainment for $60 (or $35 if you bought an nvidia code / $15 with a sub) is a good deal. Of course, that assumed all entertainment is made equal which it isn’t. This is sexy bad entertainment that looked flashy in the trailers but now makes me feel bad for sinking my limited dad gaming time into this instead of other, better games.

I got it for free with my overpriced graphics card and would not have ever bought it so I guess any amount of time I have fun with it is good value.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/oZ5YswE.gifv
forgive me anthem for i have sinned

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 30, 2019

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Go ahead and end the thread right here for everyone's sake

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I have about 350 hours into Warframe since the first Anthem beta with Origin Access. That was $15 for a month and I spent about $30 on Warframe it so far. Thanks Anthem for the great value in video gaming.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Gromit posted:

Yeah it's fine for the story and a bit further while you explore level 30 orange gear. I like the game but there's not enough stuff to do in the game after the story and I'm not convinced they're going to be able to add more at a decent pace. The new stuff they've added so far have been events of 'kill x baddies' which can be done in half an hour, and they're baddies you've killed a thousand times already anyway. That's aside from the technical issues which I don't think they have the ability to address

Also they completely fouled up the pretty robot dressup game

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

moist turtleneck posted:

https://i.imgur.com/oZ5YswE.gifv
forgive me anthem for i have sinned

Disargeria posted:

Go ahead and end the thread right here for everyone's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~