Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Hakkinen is the 2nd best on that list after Lewis 🙏🏽

Dang I didn't know you had such great opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Hakkinen is the 2nd best on that list after Lewis 🙏🏽

that big crush was in your brain?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking: Mick Schumacher is gonna be poo poo when/if he gets to F1. He'll be trash and people will wonder why he's not a god like Michael, as if racing prowess is inherited (this is only true with the Rosbergs).

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

that big crush was in your brain?

I have a big crush on Mika, yes, because he’s awesome

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

I dont know what Patrick can do in the we dont have enough money to build spare parts category but we will see

What? Literally at no point did they say it was a lack of cash.

It’s a complete engineering and logistical gently caress up. The stuff Paddy was in charge of.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking: Mick Schumacher is gonna be poo poo when/if he gets to F1. He'll be trash and people will wonder why he's not a god like Michael, as if racing prowess is inherited (this is only true with the Rosbergs).

No, it's because he inherited his father's traumatic brain injury.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Looking forward to Mick's Formula E debut in 3 years

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Literally found out about Patrick coming back from this thread.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rebus posted:

Lol Claire

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Lol Claire

Not even seen her this year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus posted:

Is that even noteworthy? If Dernie was coming back I’d be impressed.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I can't believe I took Brexit Day off and instead of leaving Europe forever I got to watch Ferrari dominate F1

poty fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 29, 2019

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

1500quidpoocati posted:

Is that even noteworthy? If Dernie was coming back I’d be impressed.

Dernie was in the office earlier this week, having a heated discussion with Doug in the kitchen. Probably about the quality of the free coffee.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Oh god can today get any worse

https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/29/apple-cancels-airpower-product-citing-inability-to-meet-its-high-standards-for-hardware/

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus posted:

Dernie was in the office earlier this week, having a heated discussion with Doug in the kitchen. Probably about the quality of the free coffee.

If I mail you a toothbrush will you pass it on to Dernie the next time you see him?

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

1500quidpoocati posted:

If I mail you a toothbrush will you pass it on to Dernie the next time you see him?

We are in need of plastic composites, would you mind if I fit it to the bargeboard instead?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rebus posted:

We are in need of plastic composites, would you mind if I fit it to the bargeboard instead?

top lad right here

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Williams lad: the team is bad because
Money?
Incompetence at the top?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Notre Jacques says that those struck down with physical ailments by the wrath of our Lord in retribution for transgressions against Him such as Mr. Kubica should not be allowed to F1

https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/03/25/villeneuve-not-a-fan-of-kubicas-return-this-is-not/

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Notre Jacques says that those struck down with physical ailments by the wrath of our Lord in retribution for transgressions against Him such as Mr. Kubica should not be allowed to F1

https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/03/25/villeneuve-not-a-fan-of-kubicas-return-this-is-not/

quote:

“Formula 1 should be the pinnacle of racing, it’s the premier class. This is not good for the sport if someone with a disability can participate. At least not in Formula 1, maybe in other classes.

“Robert’s return is not the right message because F1 must be tough, difficult to race and almost unattainable.”

Lmao holy poo poo. Or just maybe it makes it all the more impressive??? God drat, Gilles, you really did a number on your son.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Holy poo poo Jacques.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

Villeneuve also drove for Renault at the end of 2004, and Sauber in the 2005 season and eleven races of the 2006 season before suffering an injury in Germany. Villeneuve was replaced by Robert Kubica and soon BMW and Villeneuve parted company.

lmao he's still mad af

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Williams lad: the team is bad because
Money?
Incompetence at the top?

Difficult to say as I've not worked at other teams so can't say what 'good' looks like.

Being in the design office is also quite insular so I have no idea what is going on in 90% of the business, like the entire production side of things.

I will say though that Paddy introduced a lot of changes that us engineers have been very in favour of, so it really sucks that he's gone and won't see his good ideas to completion.

Maybe I'm the horror?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

More like Wacques Villeneuve

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Rebus must walk #MWGA

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Rebus posted:

Finally a good post in the worst thread

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jacques Villeneuve has won the Indy 500 and the Formula One World Championship and thus objectively proves that NASCAR is the only good racing series. Sorry I do not make the rules

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just chiming in to say that yes! Mika "The Flying Finn" Hakkinen rules!

And Jaques, wtf man. Would love to know his thoughts on other disabled drivers...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freeranger posted:

And Jaques, wtf man. Would love to know his thoughts on other disabled drivers...

He thinks higly of himself, yes?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

freeranger posted:

Does Gonzo have a license?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Maybe he was just foolin' around?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJ41wSAl5M

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

He thinks higly of himself, yes?

:vince:

Thanks Doc, just made my morning :D

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Big Huski Boi posted:

Jacques Villeneuve has won the Indy 500 and the Formula One World Championship and thus objectively proves that NASCAR is the only good racing series. Sorry I do not make the rules

Always a good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAPpG9uFEU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The only one with a disability there is Jacques and it’s his brain being extra loving smooth

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Phone posted:

lmao he's still mad af

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Wirth1000 posted:

Lmao holy poo poo. Or just maybe it makes it all the more impressive??? God drat, Gilles, you really did a number on your son.

Jesus.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm starting to think brain damage may be hereditary

Pray for little Feliphino

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I was just thinking. Who the hell is the 2nd Renault driver? Hulkenburg and who? I even watched the race and still can't remember. I know I could easily look this up, but its more funny to me that Sainz wasn't renewed and replaced by a guy I can't even remember.

EDIT: oh god its Ricciardo. Now Im not sure whats worse.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

BubbaGrace posted:

I was just thinking. Who the hell is the 2nd Renault driver? Hulkenburg and who? I even watched the race and still can't remember. I know I could easily look this up, but its more funny to me that Sainz wasn't renewed and replaced by a guy I can't even remember.

EDIT: oh god its Ricciardo. Now Im not sure whats worse.

Danny Ric going to Renault the same year Honda becomes good will go down as one of the great self-sabotages in the history of racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Danny Ric going to Renault the same year Honda becomes good will go down as one of the great self-sabotages in the history of racing

$70,000,0000 over two years? He will get over it.