Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

BattleCattle posted:

I ship ditto and ditto, you can’t stop me.

Hey, where’s my boy Haunter?

Ash didn't catch Haunter and he never battled with it for that brief moment it was following him, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I didn't see anybody post about this, but if you did the February online competition, you can get your Shiny Tapu Bulu:
Here's the announcement

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

I hope they bring back the dumb flash games on that site for Sword/Shield, I liked the minecart one and getting free masterballs

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The dream world thing from BW? I hated that thing so much. I just wanted a Mawile with its fire move. And the thing just would not run in firefox. So I had to get some 'firefox, but it works on windows 7' or whatever browser. And then I played that thing daily for months, and the rng never ever gave me a mawile. I think it's how I got my dream ball Arceus though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They don't always neglect Ash's birds. Swellow, Staraptor, Talonflame, and Rowlet got plenty of attention.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Can't speak for Staraptor, but Swellow did get some time, yeah. Including the infamous time Pikachu gave him a Thunder Armor so they could beat the lunatone/solrock gym. Kalos also gave Ash's bird time if only because half his team was birds.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It had two. Not sure what you think Greninja, Noivern, and Goodra are.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

It had two. Not sure what you think Greninja, Noivern, and Goodra are.

Noivern is a bird.

e: poo poo. well this is the worst time to find out that bats are mammals.
e2: wait, but it still lays egg since pokemon. is it a bird? are pokedogs birds??

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Noivern is a bird.

E: ^what they said

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bats are not birds!!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Flying type is the bird type, therefore all flying type pokemon are birds.

This includes Gyarados

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nodosaur posted:

Bats are not birds!!!

yeah, they're bugs.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Noivern is a bird.

e: poo poo. well this is the worst time to find out that bats are mammals.
e2: wait, but it still lays egg since pokemon. is it a bird? are pokedogs birds??

Okay, to make things even weirder, Noivern and the other bats (Zubat, Swoobat, etc.) are exclusively in the Flying egg group with other bird Pokemon, but NOT the Field egg group that contains most mammals. So according to Game Freak, I guess you're technically sorta right?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bats aren’t bugs!!!!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm pretty sure Noivern is a Pokemon, you guys.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

lightrook posted:

Okay, to make things even weirder, Noivern and the other bats (Zubat, Swoobat, etc.) are exclusively in the Flying egg group with other bird Pokemon, but NOT the Field egg group that contains most mammals. So according to Game Freak, I guess you're technically sorta right?

Hell yeah the best kind of right

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

People please.

Noivern is a dragon.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Dragons are bugs?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

Dragons are bugs?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

lightrook posted:

Wailord and Skitty are in the same egg group because they are both mammals therefore Noivern and birds are in the same egg group because bats are birds.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Alxprit posted:

A couple of streamers I watched playing Sun or Moon got really butthurt when their age was "confirmed" as 11 because it took all their immersion away.

That is such a weird thing to have your "immersion" broken over. But I could just be weird. I have never been in the target demographic for these games. I was already in high school when Red and Blue came out. I identified the closest with the Black and White protagonist, and also Coliseum, because they're the oldest of the main characters, but I was in college by then and still older than they were.

I also find it weird for another reason. Like, roleplaying is fine. It's in the name of the genre, but you don't necessarily roleplay as... yourself? You can roleplay as somebody else. I thought that was kind of the point. I don't get it.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Silver Falcon posted:

I also find it weird for another reason. Like, roleplaying is fine. It's in the name of the genre, but you don't necessarily roleplay as... yourself? You can roleplay as somebody else. I thought that was kind of the point. I don't get it.

They aren't creative enough I guess? I'd imagine that most streamers don't have the patience/foresight/desire to create a roleplaying character whole cloth, plus that's not what their audience is interested in.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dragons are bugs, Goodra’s a bug.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

BattleCattle posted:

Dragons are bugs, Goodra’s a bug.

Goodra is 100% a bug

Patch him out for a Sliggoo evolution that still keeps the slug design

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

A bug-type bat pokemon has a lot of potential.

Give it a second type of ghost or dark and you could make a decently interesting vampire
themed monster. Or give it a grass, psychic, or fairy secondary and you could have a cute little fruit bat since they play a big role in helping to pollinate plants.

Really, any bug type that breaks away from the obvious would be rad. Bug/Ground mole-rat. Flying/Bug hummingbird. You could go even more abstract and make an Ice/Bug moose where the antlers work like beetle pincers!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Fairy/Bug Navi.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
a Bug/Ice dung beetle who rolls snow balls instead of dung

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

bug/fighting hercules beetl-wait

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

That is such a weird thing to have your "immersion" broken over. But I could just be weird. I have never been in the target demographic for these games. I was already in high school when Red and Blue came out. I identified the closest with the Black and White protagonist, and also Coliseum, because they're the oldest of the main characters, but I was in college by then and still older than they were.

Roleplaying versus escapism I guess.

I always go for someone completely different from myself but I know a bunch of people who reliably make themselves in chargen.

Still I at least get them more than the "defaults only" people. They are pod people.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Aristide posted:

Give it a second type of ghost or dark and you could make a decently interesting vampire
themed monster. Or give it a grass, psychic, or fairy secondary and you could have a cute little fruit bat since they play a big role in helping to pollinate plants.

Really, any bug type that breaks away from the obvious would be rad. Bug/Ground mole-rat. Flying/Bug hummingbird. You could go even more abstract and make an Ice/Bug moose where the antlers work like beetle pincers!

A bug/water crab is in incredibly obvious thing they should have done already.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
That’s just what Kingler should’ve always been

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Super No Vacancy posted:

bats aren’t bugs!!!!!

they fly, right? they’re ugly and hairy, right? c’mon, this is taking all day

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Aristide posted:

We already got Gliscor tho.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Fungus aren't even plants much less grass. Yet here we are with 4 mushroom families in the type.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Further Trip Report: Holy wow, route 16 and 17 are berries central! I got a cute rapidash, and riding around is fun. I decided against chaining early in the game. A shiny ponyta would be cool, but RNGsus hates me. Plus, I got some Eevees to evolve. It feels like my starter eevee is falling behind, though. Even with that 90 power move being super effective, and the ninetails being a couple levels lower, she was only able to knock off a bout a third. Can I keep my Eevee the entire game? :( My parasect is groovy, I like my Rapidash, Alolan golem is putting in work (wish I could nickname her!) and Clefable is awesome. I'm glad I am trying pokemon I hadn't before.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Aerofallosov posted:

Further Trip Report: Holy wow, route 16 and 17 are berries central! I got a cute rapidash, and riding around is fun. I decided against chaining early in the game. A shiny ponyta would be cool, but RNGsus hates me. Plus, I got some Eevees to evolve. It feels like my starter eevee is falling behind, though. Even with that 90 power move being super effective, and the ninetails being a couple levels lower, she was only able to knock off a bout a third. Can I keep my Eevee the entire game? :( My parasect is groovy, I like my Rapidash, Alolan golem is putting in work (wish I could nickname her!) and Clefable is awesome. I'm glad I am trying pokemon I hadn't before.

Haven't actually played LGPE, but my impression is that the stater Pikachu and Eevee are actually pretty overpowered (perfect IVs, ridiculous exclusive moves, gimmicky happiness-based mechanics). I think you should keep using it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aerofallosov posted:

Nah, with 90 power moves that have all the powers of the eeveelutions and perfect stats that are also buffed you can easily use Eevee throughout the whole game.

My recommendations: Pick up Glitzy Glow and Baddy Bad since those moves have built in damage reducers (baddy bad halves physical and Glitzy glow halves special) also pick up bouncy bubble since that move heals and the four slot can go to whatever you want.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I received a Passimian and Oranguru for logging into the the Pokemon Bank today, so I guess a giveaway is happening.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

OhFunny posted:

I received a Passimian and Oranguru for logging into the the Pokemon Bank today, so I guess a giveaway is happening.

Yeah, and they have their hidden abilities, previously unreleased (I think).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

OhFunny posted:

Anyone know if these are locked into a nature or if I'm going to have to soft-reset a bunch for the 1% likelihood I'll ever use one of these guys? I haven't picked them up yet cause I'm playing HeartGold again AKA "Call Screening Simulator 2008". Haha, gently caress you Todd.