Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe are dan wants to follow in the footsteps of Alonso, winning a championship with Renault and then being a laughing stock for the rest of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

daslog posted:

$70,000,0000 over two years? He will get over it.

Do you have a source for that figure? I have a hard time believing a B+ driver is making more per year than the highest paid player in the NFL.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

BubbaGrace posted:

Do you have a source for that figure? I have a hard time believing a B+ driver is making more per year than the highest paid player in the NFL.

EDIT: I misremembered, he's on 17mil this year apparently.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Mar 30, 2019

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

BubbaGrace posted:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/08/06/ricciardo-to-bank-70-million-in-two-year-with-renault-deal/

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Too drunk to stay awake for even FP3/Qualifying tonight.... pretend I'm mad about Mclaren and laughing at Ferrari.

Edit: I am however cheering on Mick schumacher... which just feels weird....

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

For anyone that has access to Sky One (entertainment package on virgin, sky and NowTV) Bahrain Qualy and Race is being aired live free on it (they did this forAussie GP too)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
YEAHHHHHH!

Our girl Tatiana Calderón was awesome in the first race, steady, solid race and then WHAM gained five places in the last 3 laps.

Didn’t get to see any of this though because Sky wouldn’t shut the gently caress up about Mick Schumacher who actually only finished 5 places above her, and Alesi’s boy who was only one place ahead of her.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

YEAHHHHHH!

Our girl Tatiana Calderón was awesome in the first race, steady, solid race and then WHAM gained five places in the last 3 laps.

Didn’t get to see any of this though because Sky wouldn’t shut the gently caress up about Mick Schumacher who actually only finished 5 places above her, and Alesi’s boy who was only one place ahead of her.

You go from describing how significant 5 places ahead is in your first paragraph to then saying 5 places ahead isn’t a big deal in your second paragraph.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

You go from describing how significant 5 places ahead is in your first paragraph to then saying 5 places ahead isn’t a big deal in your second paragraph.

Gained in the Last 3 laps I think was the emphasis

Edit

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So she finished 14th? Out of the points.

I'm kinda with Wirth on this one.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stroll and gassly are loving trash

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

freeranger posted:

So she finished 14th? Out of the points.

I'm kinda with Wirth on this one.

Yeah watch a train finish rather than some actual 5 place race passing over 3 laps jeez

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

YEAHHHHHH!

Our girl Tatiana Calderón was awesome in the first race
Not sure qualifying 2nd last and then finishing 9 places behind your teammate can be considered "awesome", except in sarcastic definitions.

Not that first-race performance really means anything either way.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

djssniper posted:

Yeah watch a train finish rather than some actual 5 place race passing over 3 laps jeez

out of the points, who loving cares. tati is a legit driver she is going to be judged as one

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

out of the points, who loving cares. tati is a legit driver she is going to be judged as one

It was a racing thing she was climbing a ladder

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar good showing so far this weekend from the Scud Lads. Still a team filled with cheats but I am completely content with the idea that Sharrrrl is going to boil Vettel's piss for the entire season.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 30, 2019

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Why is ricciardo being so rubbish?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's got this condition known as Being Australian

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

He tried to take just one step down the ladder, but decided to flip off people beside him and fell off instead.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Can't wait for the latest Ferrari Cheat to be discovered then their pace immediately fall well behind that of Red Bull's

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont
Also nice Meltdown

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mercedes sandbags will be removed, have no fear

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Khablam posted:

Not sure qualifying 2nd last and then finishing 9 places behind your teammate can be considered "awesome", except in sarcastic definitions.

Not that first-race performance really means anything either way.

She had a bad quali after not getting the car set up quite right and got messed about by the red flag when the car just ahead of her crashed, so had to go on the F2 alternative strategy.

Drivers in position 17-20 can try to pit really late, then find themselves in position 1-10 trying to hold back the leaders on old tyres without crashing into them, or holding up a team mate for around 5 laps. The aim is to overtake people at the end on fresher tyres. It’s incredibly rare that it works but she absolutely nailed it in her first race. Genuinely impressive from a rookie tbh.

Compare her to Alesi who with all his hype, started 15th and ended up 12th , where as she started 19th and finished 13th.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

iospace posted:

Can't wait for the latest Ferrari Cheat to be discovered then their pace immediately fall well behind that of Red Bull's

Ducati did it good lads

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol that falcon on Simon’s arm was displaying, if he hadn’t handed it back someone was going to get attacked.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Qualifying starts in about an hour?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Stroll driver of the day

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stroll is like 1,5 seconds slower than Perez who isnt anything special himself. HE loving SUCKS

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
F1TV has poo poo itself again, no big surprise there.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

stroll is like 1,5 seconds slower than Perez who isnt anything special himself. HE loving SUCKS

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

Your brain is so smooth I can see my reflection in it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hes bad op

also i cant wait to see how ferrari is going to gently caress up qualy

#missionwinnow

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

#MissionBin,Now

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

#MissionBin,Now

That’s a terrible joke and I think you probably stole it from somewhere else.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's perfect for the worst thread

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Alonso is actually running McLaren, isn't he?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nando sighted :haw:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar, Nando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Williams are the only team that haven't moved the dash displays onto the steering wheel, aren't they?