Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So that week of modding I did following some guide a while back is completely borked by the Skyrim update on Steam. I've tried just installing updated SKSE and updating the two mods that explicitly requested updates, but the game still won't actually launch and play. Is there any way to get a previous version exe, or do I have to start all over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Addamere posted:

So that week of modding I did following some guide a while back is completely borked by the Skyrim update on Steam. I've tried just installing updated SKSE and updating the two mods that explicitly requested updates, but the game still won't actually launch and play. Is there any way to get a previous version exe, or do I have to start all over?

Might be a little late, but I went through my MO mod list and just checked them all individually if they relied on SKSE. If they did, I checked for a recent update and applied it. That resolved the crashing on start-up I was having due to SKSE. Might work, might not, as there was some on my list that hadn't been updated, and I think it just sort of comes down to whether those check for a recent version or not.

If it relies on SKSE, update it if you can. Could help save you reinstalling the whole guide or whatever.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Turns out you can get old versions from steam's database, so I did that and it's a much quicker fix than updating mods.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Oblivion is on sale right now; how are the mods to bring it up to snuff these days? I know there's a whole host of technical issues with the game. Also is it recommended to get the Deluxe version with the houses, etc. addons?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Oblivion is on sale right now; how are the mods to bring it up to snuff these days? I know there's a whole host of technical issues with the game. Also is it recommended to get the Deluxe version with the houses, etc. addons?

I can't speak on the recent mod front (the game won't run on my potato), but it was decent two years ago. If you can handle Oblivion's... Oblivion-ness than it's worth the :10bux:.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I still like Oblivion, and I do recommend paying for the deluxe version, the houses are pretty cool.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
buy the deluxe version, get the horse armor

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Morrowind is free right now and OpenMW is in a really good place, so do that instead, imo

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
New video card got here. Now to have some fun with fancy new enb lights and effects... I still have not picked a build though.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
This is interesting. Lost Grimoire was briefly ported to SE on the nexus, and now for some reason it's gone. Can't seem to find any reason why. I was able to grab it before it was gone, but now I'm curious if it was taken down because of permission issues or if it was a bad port.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I swear to god there was this really simple mod that added satchels to every enchanting/alchemy table in the vanilla homes and I can't find it or anything like it anywhere. I just want somewhere convenient and appropriate to put all these ingredients I'll never use :(

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I swear to god there was this really simple mod that added satchels to every enchanting/alchemy table in the vanilla homes and I can't find it or anything like it anywhere. I just want somewhere convenient and appropriate to put all these ingredients I'll never use :(
I think the mod you're talking about is Alchemy Ingredient Storage, which seems to be Oldrim-only.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm sure you can use Placeable Statics to put an alchemy satchel there manually.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
why are we loving dragons for science?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drkeiscool posted:

why are we loving dragons for science?

Because that’s how we learn. Obviously.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Nords learned Thu'um by talking with dragons. Imagine the power we could obtain by loving them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Tiber Septim, dragon smoothtalker.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

What's the best soul gem mod for special edition? For legendary edition there were several different mods to make sure that petty souls only went into petty soul gems rather than more powerful soul gems, but it seems only Acquisite Soul Gems Multithreaded got ported. Is that the one you'd all recommend?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

That's the one I use and it works just fine.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Is there any semi-"immersive" mod for SkyrimSE that helps with out of combat health regeneration for non-magic users? I'm thinking along the lines of bandages, the option to buy up 40+ healing potions from vendors or something as simple as making food heal more as it does in Fallout 4.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just eat fifty breads like all the other nords :cmon:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Make a protein shake from wheat, blisterwort, and blue mountain flowers brah

Maximize your gains brah

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Lamquin posted:

Is there any semi-"immersive" mod for SkyrimSE that helps with out of combat health regeneration for non-magic users? I'm thinking along the lines of bandages, the option to buy up 40+ healing potions from vendors or something as simple as making food heal more as it does in Fallout 4.
Horker Stew, Vegetable Soup, and Venison Stew are all good for health regeneration, restoring 1 HP/sec for something like 12 minutes.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Complete Alchemy and Cooling Overhaul let's you make bandages and poultices and such.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Get the GOG version if you can the Steam version has a bunch of problems in regards to script extender.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

bony tony posted:

Maximize your grains

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is it worth trying to play Skyrim with KB+M? I feel like it might make it easier to aim, but I feel like it would be really gross trying to move carefully with non-analog movement or trying to use the mouse for the hands system.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Is it worth trying to play Skyrim with KB+M? I feel like it might make it easier to aim, but I feel like it would be really gross trying to move carefully with non-analog movement or trying to use the mouse for the hands system.

:what:

Unless you're talking Skyrim VR, how did you think like 90% of people were playing it on PC? Controller is completely awful, especially with SkyUI.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

You have a walk toggle and if the "left-click activates the right hand and vice versa" is awkward for you, there is a mod called "Interface Hard Coded Key Tweaks" that allows you to easily tweak that.
:shrug: If you're happy with a controller, you can just stick to that. But the keyboard & mouse controls work fine.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fuzz posted:

:what:

Unless you're talking Skyrim VR, how did you think like 90% of people were playing it on PC? Controller is completely awful, especially with SkyUI.

no? controller is fine, it's not like skyrim is very precise.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
:psyduck: You've been playing on PC without kb+m? :psyduck:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dameius posted:

Is that really so awful? I play most of my PC games with a controller unless they absolutely demand a mouse and/or keyboard, like a high-speed FPS or something.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dameius posted:

You couldn't pay me to use KB/M for Skyrim. Yes, even with SkyUI.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I guess more power to you, I'm not going to say your fun is wrong or anything, but that is just such a strange concept for TES games for me.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

skyrim’s gameplay is so archaic that even I, a ham-handed controller-loving Neanderthal, can play it with KB+M

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

controllers own because you can just lean back on the couch and play from across the room without having to balance a kb+m setup or have a loving dinner table in front of you like some kind of doofus

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So what is the go to vampire overhaul these days? I never really play vampire and thought it would be nice to give it a try. The only major mods I'm currently running are sperg and apoc.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Is that really so awful? I play most of my PC games with a controller unless they absolutely demand a mouse and/or keyboard, like a high-speed FPS or something.

Yeah me too. It's a stretch doing high precision stuff but I finished doom on ultra violence np with a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

So what is the go to vampire overhaul these days? I never really play vampire and thought it would be nice to give it a try. The only major mods I'm currently running are sperg and apoc.

I've always preferred Better Vampires.