Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

A surfing dog?! posted:

I know the achievement chests don't always have the greatest loot, but 5 clear tickets? Maybe I just don't remember the other achievement chests being so bad because I got most of them at once.

It has mega T2 tickets and stuff in the available chest contents listings but 5 clear tickets is on par with what I usually get from them. I think I got a couple low tier rank up tickets but nothing good since the original burst when the patch went live with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I got a rank 3 BAM in one the other day, that was pretty nice I guess. What was really surprising was getting a 6* ASM #605 card from a world boss chest, as I thought they only had upgrade materials in the list.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Blow my token load on Nightcrawler or gamble that the new guy is good?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've already got T2 Nightcrawler. Debating on getting the uni, but at 750 I'm guessing it doesn't do much.

I got the Wolverine one just because I really wanted to be rid of the AoA one and this seems to do what that does.

I could blow all my tokens on Sabretooth. I imagine that would save me a lot of time in getting him, but he's just another Shop guy, not an Adam Warlock. Plus I'm not a big fan of the character. Only one I want is Juggernaut, and of course he's paywall.

Debating just saving it all for whatever comes with Endgame... which I really hope won't be just a crap tone of those little white flight suits from the most recent trailer, because that'd be boring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I went all in on Wolverine. Costume and I'm gonna work him to T3. I want that physical power and I'm gambling that he's it. Because I want it to be so.

Nightcrawler's already an easy Shadowland clear so whatever. Deadpool's already a beast. His costume will probably break Timeline, but whatever. That's only a problem on those "win 10 Timeline Battles" Heroes quest days. I might buy the X Gene package and grab Juggernaut along with Weapon Hex, Gambit, and Magick. Maybe that will give me enough crystals to get Sabertooth too. I'll decide this weekend.

I'll be broke by Endgame but whatever. Tackle that when it comes. I'm guessing new Hulk, T3 Thanos, Ronin Hawkeye. Beyond that, I dunno. Maybe they'll go back and give the rest of the Guardians costumes or have some surprises. I hope its not just new costumes for the people they upgraded a year ago.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I would like a good Captain America costume that's actually a Captain America costume and not Hobo With Stabby Hand Plates.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, sure, but I bought the stabby one and worked it up to Mythic. I'll do it again if i have to but it won't be a priority since I already have a great Cap.

But I'm looking forward to Hawkeye becoming good because he's not Hawkeye anymore.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Blow my token load on Nightcrawler or gamble that the new guy is good?

New guy can be farmed in Rifts, get as much Nighcrawler stuff as possible.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, if you don't have Nightcrawler that's the way to go.

I mean, even if you have T3 Nightcrawler its probably worth grabbing the bios and stashing them if you ever want the costume and to work it up. That's probably what I SHOULD be doing. But I always want to race to T2 the new characters so I'll probably just grab Warpath's. We'll see.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Any opinions on the uniforms? I'm probably not gonna be T3ing Wolverine or Deadpool any time soon...

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zokari posted:

Any opinions on the uniforms? I'm probably not gonna be T3ing Wolverine or Deadpool any time soon...

deadpool's is good, gives him another defense decrease skill

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Oof, didn't realize that the 31+ Shadowland levels only work with t2 characters. It's alright though, those chests you get aren't really good enough for me to not want to just breeze through it with better characters in the 1-30. Maybe if I feel like it I'll see if I can get higher than 50, but it's just not very difficult so I don't feel like I have anything to prove. 31-40 feels about as tough as early 20's. It just feels like levels 31+ try to reward you for having more t2 characters to waste, but not in a meaningful way with no t3 materials.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had fun getting through the first 30 floors with scrubs. Did you know Korak and Minnerva can take down 20 floors? And Angel can take down Floor 29? I tried really hard to break all my patterns and use the weakest people I could clear a stage with and I basically discovered a bunch of characters I wasn't using who are good.

But yeah, 31+ floors don't pose any real challenge and I've gotten really lovely rewards from the boxes so far. I'm up to like Floor 44. I'll play until I run out of characters and see if I get something good but it probably won't be worth making <30 harder for myself next week.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 22, 2019

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Floors 50+ are ridiculous. The hp for everyone goes through the roof and the rewards don't get any better.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Since you seem to just get 1 pt for every surviving character it seems to strategically make more sense to just play for 3 pts on the early levels than to care about how high you move up the tower.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Yeah I was a little worried at first that some of my t2 characters wouldn't do well in 31+, but it turns out that it doesn't matter and you want extra bodies for the points anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I lost out on a few points early doing the "just bring along bodies for buffs and distractions" strategy from regular Shadowland and having them die. In hindsight I should have just used strong characters on Rumbles and hid the bums on Waves, Bosses, and Relays and gone for 3 pts every floor. I was soloing the first few floors with people like White Fox, Falcon, and Ancient One.

As long as there's no "First Clears" or increased reward there's just no real incentive to wanting to get a high floor number. Unless you really want to see your name on the side.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Hi I’m addicted to this dumb game and I’m applying to everything as The Jerkstore (they’re all out of you, and hup was taken)

I want everything. I want it all. I want all the mans and the numbers

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This Wolverine potential RNG is a god drat joke for me. Don’t even have him at 50% yet.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Is it just me or does it seem like people have already stopped doing the Warpath dimension rift? I've been spending 180 stamina on both my rifts and not getting them completed by randoms.

I might just be on at weird times or I need to reevaluate my friends list, but I felt like it was much easier for me to get Angel done when he first came out.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

theyre getting done really quickly at reset, maybe everyone is showing up for those

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Yeah reset is a bit too early for me so that makes sense.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Stalled out on 49, widow elsa gamora and widow. I can get the reinforcement widow down to just needing about 5 more seconds reliably with Killmonger, Valkyrie and She-Hulk so maybe I'll keep trying for one last chest. It's a combat rumble which is my weakness because I burn hulk on 15, cap on 20 and wolverine on 28. Next week I can probably save Cap and Wolverine at least, they are overkill. Didn't get anything exciting from the chests but I guess the chance is there so I'll try casually from week to week. I just have to avoid marathoning the whole thing from SL1 up, good way for me to burn out. I was hoping they'd make some new levels, adding hp is kind of boring since I've got chars like Ghost (60) and Odin that can survive the fights just fine but can't do enough damage to down them in the timer without urus and better cards and gear.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Tell me Fantomex is good please because I love Fantomex

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

For being a free character, he's pretty solid. He's fine in PvE content like Shadowlands, but I've never seen anyone use him in PvP really. He might be fine if you manually play PvP against teams with mutants in them since he does a bunch of extra damage against them, but I've never tried. I would personally never put anything really good on him, but plenty of people put good poo poo on far worse characters so feel free to beef him up if you want.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hes good at shadowlands at least. if/when we get a cable WBU he might be good for doing that

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Boy, Timeline is making me really regret not T3ing Deadpool right now.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Thanks for the tips. Sometimes games reward my pet characters like Bossk in the Star Wars shard game, and sometimes they hurt me, like literally every part of the DC shard game

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Zokari posted:

Same. I did spidey instead and he doesn't seem much better even in timeline. Maybe the next movie uniform will help.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Zokari posted:

Autoplay T3 Cap seems to be wrecking my T3 Deadpool on a regular basis this week, which I didn't expect. I T3'd Mr.F this morning, who also seems to be getting wrecked pretty regularly too. Probably should have done Wolverine instead, but whatevs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My T3 Reed generally wrecks Deadpool, Quicksilver, Spidey, etc. It's not guaranteed and his leadership helps but I still take him into battle first each week. Deadpool's costume doesnt seem like it's massively upgraded DP to me.

T3 Captain Marvels are regurally wrecking my poo poo, though. And I can't figure out how to do that with mine.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Yeah I think T3 Captain Marvel wrecks my T3 Deadpool more easily than anyone else, but I only pay attention while I'm auto-ing about half the time and I haven't really seen T3 Wolverine since he's banned for me in Vibranium right now.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah t3 carol is top tier timeline now, she punches straight through iframes and invincibility

i use emma to beat her, you drop the clone before she attacks and then shes done for

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

o poo poo emma is restricted this week

im done for

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I love how autoplay timeline openers have a gigantic cd on skills that opponents AI dont have

Really murders my SW

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As good as T3 Cap Marvel is in Timeline I can't figure out the trick to doing that myself. Also her 6 skill kind of sucks and Ive stopped using it in WBU because it turns out she doesn't have iframes during the animation so you can just die while they're showing you a movie.

I still really love her overall upgrade. I just feel like Im missing tricks to unlock her full potential.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

My T2 level 70 Captain Marvel pretty regularly beats T3 Marvels. I think it might be because of her guard break immunity obelisk?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Zokari posted:

My T2 level 70 Captain Marvel pretty regularly beats T3 Marvels. I think it might be because of her guard break immunity obelisk?

I think it's down to if you are auto playing her or manually playing her.

Generally if you are playing on manual and mashing the buttons to get the big attacks off, you can get to victory.

Using the team of T3 Deadpool (with new uniform and CTP of Regen) T3 Captain Marvel (with new Uniform and CTP of Destruction) and level 70 Stryfe (nothing special. Obilisk with immune to Webs and Fear) I've gotten 29 consecutive Timeline wins.

One more and I'll get an achievement. The last 10 wins were all because I insisted on manually controlling the fights.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Oh that's auto play, wouldn't have even mentioned it otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Who's the better T3 option if I don't give a gently caress about ABX, Wolverine or Thor?