Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Not the most disturbing thing to come out of Copenhagen Suborbitals.

You're right, most came out of the Sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Telling the trainee to tighten the hook.

https://i.imgur.com/j6RMHX0.mp4

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
it needs 30 FULL SPINS to be ready for the load DO NOT NOT SPIN THIS

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Big Dick Cheney posted:

What's the story behind this?

It's actually not as big of a failure as it looks. It's an overflow pot in a steel mill, and sometimes they fill up quicker than intended and you get that result. They wait for the steel to get cooler (still extremely hot) and go in with special excavators to scrape it up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I wonder if they do "the floor is lava" jokes when that happens :)

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Memento posted:

It's actually not as big of a failure as it looks. It's an overflow pot in a steel mill, and sometimes they fill up quicker than intended and you get that result. They wait for the steel to get cooler (still extremely hot) and go in with special excavators to scrape it up.

What kind of scale are we looking at there? It's hard to tell if that crucible is the size of a minifridge, a car, or a house.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Mimesweeper posted:

:stare:

that's, uh...

is there a word for terrifying and awesome?

"awesome"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Wingnut Ninja posted:

What kind of scale are we looking at there? It's hard to tell if that crucible is the size of a minifridge, a car, or a house.

Large-car sized.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Speaking of molten metal crucibles. My butthole always puckers a bit when one of these is going down the interstate with me.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tangy yet delightful posted:

Speaking of molten metal crucibles. My butthole always puckers a bit when one of these is going down the interstate with me.

do you order these to a worksite like a concrete mixer or something? why do they do this

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why does that even exist?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

bring back old gbs posted:

do you order these to a worksite like a concrete mixer or something? why do they do this

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > OSHA: why do they do this

No but seriously that's a legit loving question.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
https://i.imgur.com/OBhjg2z.gifv

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i would guess its cheaper to have molten metal shipped to where you need it than to build a furnace at scale

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

violent sex idiot posted:

i would guess its cheaper to have molten metal shipped to where you need it than to build a furnace at scale

It's this. They also have similar railcars as well

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hope she bought a lottery ticket after this one.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

baquerd posted:

Hope she bought a lottery ticket after this one.

I never got this meme - like why would you expect a great stroke of luck just after having a stroke of luck :confused:

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

I never got this meme - like why would you expect a great stroke of luck just after having a stroke of luck :confused:

Gambler's superstition of "lucky streaks".

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The only streak she's on is a brown one.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

baquerd posted:

Gambler's superstition of "lucky streaks".

Yeah well too bad it's a stroke of luck, not a streak of luck; they should get their idioms in order :shrug:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

Another factory wants to cast something, and it's easier to ship molten then to put a lot of effort into cooling it down then a lot more effort melting it again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/xUyD2sb.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
What's PPE?

https://i.imgur.com/bCSzkWQ.mp4

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
^ I was gonna say, "where's the OSHA fuckling in that?" then i saw the Flintstones-era "ladder"

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

What even happened here? What dropped the tree?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

"Maybe it fell down on its own?"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

It looks like the tree got tired of life and fell over. Happens to some of the older trees in our town, it's always unnerving to see the root structure poking out of the ground when it happens.

regular mike
Mar 29, 2010
Speaking of tree dropping... anyone remember a vid posted here a while back of someone's neighbor chopping down a huge tree and dropping it right on their own house? I know there's lots of vids like this, the one I remember is specifically of a neighbor across the street and, more importantly, that the tree is absolutely huge. An absolute king of trees. The biggest tree. If the video you think I'm thinking of isn't the biggest goddamn tree being dropped on a house vid you've ever seen then that isn't the video.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
This comes to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvyDZ8n8FLM

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
At least he has some lumber to rebuild his house with.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
which is pretty loving ironic considering the logging cut he put on it

there is no good way to fell a tree of that size next to your house that doesn't involve topping it down or putting a line at the top to guide

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Quick someone post the pro lumberjack dropping a tree between a house and a garage or some other outbuilding. You know the one.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
At the very least it needed to be limbed, it was clearly very back heavy.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

Quick someone post the pro lumberjack dropping a tree between a house and a garage or some other outbuilding. You know the one.

This one?

https://i.imgur.com/8eZVpGa.gifv

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Never fails to impress

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bless you.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
One dead, one critical after scaffold collapse in Sydney

:(

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Shoulda used more bamboo =[

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

A progress summary on Greenland's website, dated March, 2019, said the public was finally getting its first look at the building "with scaffolding coming down and facade works nearing completion".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Just got updated to say that the deceased was an 18-year-old apprentice.

gently caress's sake.