Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Type 5 900 dmg 75 pen
KV-2 910 dmg 86 pen
Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

I always felt like you got banned, must be confusing you with another NDP champion of the people...

Shanky! :patriot:

Katamari Democracy posted:

So I did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNkZ95fSgm4

And basically I had a very intense game. I did as you said and saw the G.W. Panther was what you said he was. So I followed him. The video will explain the rest.

Note how, at the beginning, you're so far south that you can't actually render the enemies that are usually first spotted; the red circle is your render range. Typically the fighting will happen in the far north, but it just happened that the EBR was a CSPAM mod and YOLO'd down the tracks. You'd normally be around ~G3 to shoot the NW, but this math played out abnormally. Also your idiot team completely ignored the east; otherwise you could've been around H6, K7, etc.

Since you're new, I'd recommend the "POGS" contour icons; they show you armor values, view range, etc., and are super helpful, so much so that I still use them.

2Jets posted:

Type 5 900 dmg 75 pen
KV-2 910 dmg 86 pen
Russia

Working as intended comrade! :ussr:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
God bless Shanky, my favorite blind and/or one-eyed barrel of vitriol.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Your interest in the WoT Classic mode exceeded all of our expectations. The influx of players to Classic server was way bigger than we could have handled at the moment! To avoid the waiting time, we suggest you to check out the main server.

We have activated a x5 XP bonus for the first victory of the day from March 30, 1:00 PM (CET), April 1, 8:00 AM (CEST).

Note: Today, the x5 XP bonus will not be visible in the tanks carousel. For the first win of the day you will receive your standard x2 XP bonus, and after 1:00 PM you will also receive the extra x5 XP bonus on the second win of the day. It will appear in your post-battle results. Tomorrow, Sunday 31st you will only see the x5 XP bonus in the tanks carousel as usual.

lol :clint:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
gently caress I miss Shanky, that man did not give a flying gently caress. Hope he is doing well.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I played 10 battles on ye old wot. So gay.

Now they need to do future tanks one.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ok, you have XVM installed, but you don't have stats enabled and you have another mod that shows TDs as blue and arty as purple, so when I said "follow a purple" you followed an arty. :downsgun:

To enable stats in XVM go here: https://modxvm.com/en/

Click the Sign In button in the upper right and then follow the instructions to link your Wargaming account to XVM. Once they're linked, a link to Activate Statistics will appear in the menu on the XVM site. Click that, restart tanks, and you're good to go.

You'll know it's working when everyone's name changes colour and they have a bunch of numbers beside them instead of just grey --% when you press tab. The more purple a number is, the better. Follow people with purple numbers.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

2Jets posted:

Type 5 900 dmg 75 pen
KV-2 910 dmg 86 pen
Russia

My KV-2 is undefeated so far. Just deleting tanks left and right. It's wild how they left it like this for so long.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

You'll know it's working when everyone's name changes colour and they have a bunch of numbers beside them instead of just grey --% when you press tab. The more purple a number is, the better. Follow people with purple numbers.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:discourse:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Now I get to experience pain and agony right? It loving sucks to see this:

But my buddy and I are gonna platoon tonight for a couple games. So far we are still getting murdered but at least behind good players as backup.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

moolchaba posted:

I played 10 battles on ye old wot. So gay.

Now they need to do future tanks one.

They tried that already, it was called Armored Warfare. (Or, if that doesn't do it for ya, they also had a mars/moon special mode or whatever. :shrug:)

McGavin posted:

Ok, you have XVM installed, but you don't have stats enabled and you have another mod that shows TDs as blue and arty as purple, so when I said "follow a purple" you followed an arty. :downsgun:

loving lol I just realized this. :D

Now I get to experience pain and agony right? It loving sucks to see this:

But my buddy and I are gonna platoon tonight for a couple games. So far we are still getting murdered but at least behind good players as backup.

One thing to fix: you've got the rating displayed as Wargaming's player rating or whatever, which nobody uses (it's that column mostly showing 4-digit numbers but the guy at the top has 5 digits.) Go to modxvm.com - settings - rating - change it to wn8.

The only other thing you need to fix is that winrate! :imunfunny:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
You have cursed me.

I have gotten 3X the amount of hate mail. :(

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

You have cursed me.

You can draw on the minimap now and everyone with xvm will see it. You know what to do :flaccid:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

2Jets posted:

You can draw on the minimap now and everyone with xvm will see it. You know what to do :flaccid:

some artist needs to take their ipad and draw a naked woman on it .. or MAN

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

You have cursed me.

Why would you get three times more poo poo from other players after installing xvm?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, I thought about dipping into Wot Classic for a laugh or two, but I'm not sure whether it running at 11 fps is :thejoke:, or if something's just horribly broken with my machine since my last stint in frontline had me experience incredibly odd performance hits as well.

Mind you, all other games are running perfectly fine. Satisfactory on ultra-everything runs like a charm.

Which reminds me, I should play more Satisfactory instead of tanks.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i typed a long thing and then deleted it to replace it with this- xvm is bad it makes hate.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Turmoilx posted:

i typed a long thing and then deleted it to replace it with this- xvm is bad it makes hate.

If you can't look at stats without raging the gently caress out, that's on you.

KD wanted to know where to go on maps. Being able to identify the good players on your team and watching where they go and what they do is an easy way to learn that.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8D2jkEG03U

loving finally.

The Type 4 and 5 are getting a huge loving HE gun nerf on the super test server. Standard HE damage dropping down to 900, and you get HESH as a gold round with only 750 damage and 192mm pen. Literally half the damage of the old gold round.

And they're also smacking the shitbarn too. Mostly maneuverability for that tho.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

cool so the type 4 and type 5 can go back to being totally unplayable, as they should be

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

O-Ho remains king :worship:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I was all excited to play WOT 0.7.0 again so that I could talk poo poo to the other team like I used to, and I was very disapopointed to find out they are all from the RU server. FML.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Hellsau posted:

cool so the type 4 and type 5 can go back to being totally unplayable, as they should be

Keep in mind the armor is staying the same and they get mobility buffs.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Blaargh posted:

Keep in mind the armor is staying the same and they get mobility buffs.

the reason they got the derp cannons in the first place is because their default gun is garbo

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

KD wanted to know where to go on maps. Being able to identify the good players on your team and watching where they go and what they do is an easy way to learn that.

And it has helped tremendously.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

serious gaylord posted:

loving finally.

The Type 4 and 5 are getting a huge loving HE gun nerf on the super test server. Standard HE damage dropping down to 900, and you get HESH as a gold round with only 750 damage and 192mm pen. Literally half the damage of the old gold round.

And they're also smacking the shitbarn too. Mostly maneuverability for that tho.

Well, the shitbarn's damage is the offset to a mouse fart being able to pen it

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Why would you get three times more poo poo from other players after installing xvm?

I am not sure and it could be pure coincidence. But I have noticed a lot more chatter in-game about playing with potatoes.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

loving finally.

Why don't they just make the 14cm gun usable and remove the 15cm and then it will be a Japanese Maus basically? Instead now both guns are trash. WG does it again

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

Why don't they just make the 14cm gun usable and remove the 15cm and then it will be a Japanese Maus basically? Instead now both guns are trash. WG does it again

#wargamingbalance

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wargaming's response to "it's impossible for the defenders to win in a mandatory WoWP battle mode" was to rebalance it so attackers couldn't win. At least the rounds only last two days on, two days off at a time instead of five days a week!

Of course, they didn't revise the missions to be all doable in those two days. Even a minor fix needs to be broken somehow.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

I am not sure and it could be pure coincidence. But I have noticed a lot more chatter in-game about playing with potatoes.

The nerds have been getting riled up. I'm getting a lot of hate for my name and clan tag lately too :clint:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

2Jets posted:

The nerds have been getting riled up. I'm getting a lot of hate for my name and clan tag lately too :clint:

they can sense the end approaching

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't suppose that if they pull the plug that there'll be a conversion to make the game work offline.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

I don't suppose that if they pull the plug that there'll be a conversion to make the game work offline.

lol

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

RandomPauI posted:

I don't suppose that if *WHEN they pull the plug that there'll be a conversion to make the game work offline.
ftfy

They have no incentive to do that. Publishers see their old games as competing with their new games. Once tanks dies you lose what ever you have put into it so don't get too attached.

2Jets fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 1, 2019

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
It was very on brand for Wargaming to bring back up 0.7.0 for a weekend and gently caress it up to the point it was unplayable. We brought back this neat mode from the past! But put it on the test servers so the lag is unbearable, also its broken.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

loving finally.

The idiotic thing about the 4005 was that, if you'll recall when they first introduced it, they nerfed the 215b 183's mobility and added armor to differentiate the two; the former was the mobile, glass cannon, and the latter is the slower, heavily armored one. Now they're also making the 4005 slow but leaving the gun alone. Because you know, that was the whole problem with the 183-equipped vehicles.... :rolleyes:

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I was all excited to play WOT 0.7.0 again so that I could talk poo poo to the other team like I used to, and I was very disapopointed to find out they are all from the RU server. FML.

You only need to know two words: cyka blyat.

You can thank me later, comrade!

Hellsau posted:

the reason they got the derp cannons in the first place is because their default gun is garbo

Hmm...

icantfindaname posted:

:thunk:

The 140 mm gun would be fine if it had pen. The Type 4/5 could basically be the Jap E-100 if it had an appropriate gun, but the 150 mm with HE (and especially that premium shell) was inappropriate in the first place.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

loving finally.

This is so exquisitely-:wargaming: I have trouble putting into words :lol:

There was a single thing wrong with the Type 5. A single thing. It was an obvious thing. The community was unanimous about it. Content creators were unanimous about it. It had a gold HE round that needed to go away.
There was nothing else to rebalance about it. No cross-connections to other tanks or mechanics, no synergy effects to be considered. Absolutely nothing.
Literally take away the gold round and you're good.

Nnnnnnope.

Let's also nerf the standard round and not change the ROF to the point the gun becomes worse than the tier 8 version. But it's okay, we're going to BUFF the standard gun, but we gotta be really careful because the tier 9 tank has the same gun, so this is really delicate. Let's give it 3mm more standard pen and 8mm more premium pen.

Like, I cannot stop laughing. :lol:

The only good thing to come of this is the whining on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It's coincidence, people with XVM can see stats of everyone, not just those of the people with XVM installed ;)