Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

the ROH roster page says they have someone named Amy Rose

this is beyond sad
Sega will just license their poo poo to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

well

ROH posted:

Flip Gordon has re-injured his right knee and will not be able to appear at Road to G1 Supercard in Baltimore on March 31.

Gordon, who suffered an MCL tear in his knee during a match in January and was medically cleared to return to in-ring action last week, competed in a match in Northern Ireland for Over the Top Wrestling on March 24. When he woke up the following morning, his knee was “locked up.”

He was able to make his flight home and visited his doctor this morning. There is concern that Gordon may have suffered a “bucket handle” meniscus tear, which would require surgery and keep him out of action for four-to-six months. The extent of the injury will not be known until the results of Gordon’s MRI exam are in.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Meniscus tears suck. I have a small meniscus tear and it gives me problems but not enough to warrant surgery. Bucket tears are really bad and even after you get surgery (which just removes and shaves down the torn cartilage) it will eventually go bone on bone and you need a knee replacement.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
poor flip

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

He wouldn't need the knee replacement for a number of years (15-25 depending on a number of factors) so maybe by then they'd have better stem cell technology and could regrow the cartilage

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was starting to come around on dipshit Flip. That's a real bummer.

As for the Mayu/Kelly match, its either that or Sumie Sakai comes out of self-imposed retirement.

Still not buying the show because Bully Ray is booked on it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

He wouldn't need the knee replacement for a number of years (15-25 depending on a number of factors) so maybe by then they'd have better stem cell technology and could regrow the cartilage

I'm not sure it's a safe bet that ol Flat Earth Flip believes in stem cell research.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

coconono posted:

As for the Mayu/Kelly match, its either that or Sumie Sakai comes out of self-imposed retirement.

If they're only getting one spot on the card, which is understandable, put as many people as you can out there. Mayu/Kelly/Sumie/Jenny Rose/Stella Gray/uhhh Mandy Leon?

It's not that impossible seeing how they made the tag match a 4 way match to give everyone a spot. Mayu and Kelly are both good but a 4th match is just zero effort.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheJunkyardGod posted:

If they're only getting one spot on the card, which is understandable, put as many people as you can out there. Mayu/Kelly/Sumie/Jenny Rose/Stella Gray/uhhh Mandy Leon?

It's not that impossible seeing how they made the tag match a 4 way match to give everyone a spot. Mayu and Kelly are both good but a 4th match is just zero effort.

because then its just live bodies and it doesn't matter. If you put the title on the line, it makes it even more meaningless. Cagematch is down for me, but I think Kelly Klein has always come up short to Mayu so there's at least that going into this match.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I dunno. I guess I just think if they can do the same with the tag match to get the briscoes and LIJ on the card, as well as having a battle royal to get everyone else a spot on the show, they could at least use the biggest stage ROH has ever, and might ever, have to get as many women on the card as well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

coconono posted:

because then its just live bodies and it doesn't matter. If you put the title on the line, it makes it even more meaningless. Cagematch is down for me, but I think Kelly Klein has always come up short to Mayu so there's at least that going into this match.

they're tied 2-2

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think they’re gonna try to do a Kelly Klein face turn at MSG.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tenille isn't re-signing with ROH so the women's division is even more paper-thin now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

Tenille isn't re-signing with ROH so the women's division is even more paper-thin now

Well, she just said she's a free agent. ROH can still make her an offer, it just means she can also negotiate with WWE, AEW and others as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

womp

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1112502436642607104

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm excited for Juice but like, the show is sold. Leave the surprise.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's called managing expectations

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm excited for Juice but like, the show is sold. Leave the surprise.

Juice is not a big enough surprise for anyone to pop for compared to everyone knowing that Suzuki and Ishii are in town but not booked on the main card.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/status/1112680653156483072

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/status/1112708849792937984?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Silas can't afford pain meds. That knee is really bothering him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kenny King extended for two years https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/kenny-king-announces-he-has-signed-new-two-year-deal-ring-honor

Not even on the Honor Rumble btw https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/status/1112704416711352320

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

coconono posted:

Silas can't afford pain meds. That knee is really bothering him.

Better yet, Silas can afford pain meds but chooses not to take them because that's what a dumb woman would do.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Silas lives the gimmick brother. The gimmick being toxic masculinity.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Should have taken the NXT deal and then he could complain about not being on Takeover. Or TV. Or the Florida loop.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Silas is a solid worker but frankly he should be happy to have a full time deal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I've always been whatever on Silas but it's wild how much he loves the gimmick.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Minoru Suzuki felt the Bully Ray buzz and was not amused.
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1112926435662979072?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Suzuki shows up, sits in the front row, gets all the chants and does exactly nothing.

Sorry juice but gently caress BULLY RAY

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I love that Suzuki's Twitter timeline is like 95% links to his Instagram showing pictures of him happily drinking coffee and showing his newest socks, and then there's one tweet in there in which he pretty much promises to gently caress up Bulky Ray.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Do an angle where Ray ambushes Juice on the pre-show and tries to pull the "I'll get the ref to count to 10, and if no one answers my challenge, I win by forfeit" and then at like 8 the lights go out

I HAVE TO BE A LONELY WARRIOR TONIGHT

and every person in MSG screams. Including Ray.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gaz-L posted:

Do an angle where Ray ambushes Juice on the pre-show and tries to pull the "I'll get the ref to count to 10, and if no one answers my challenge, I win by forfeit" and then at like 8 the lights go out

I HAVE TO BE A LONELY WARRIOR TONIGHT

and every person in MSG screams. Including Ray.

Good job killing New Japan's US champion like that

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Gedo's doing that just fine by himself.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah but it's cool when Americans kaze ni nare

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This weekend the ROH will put on a show in front of a BUZZing Madison Square Garden capacity crowd.

The minor leaguers at NXT will have performed the night before in front of a smaller crowd, driven to Friday night by the might of Joe Koff.

The Elite will sit at home, watched by no one.

I wouldn't blame everyone who doubted THE BUZZ if they posted ban mes, or at least changed their avatars and screen names to hide their identities.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fightful says they're getting Maria Manic https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-maria-manic-expected-sign-roh-soon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH officially launched their developmental system https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-launches-developmental-system-announces-first-signees

First signees (3-year deals) are Moses Maddox and Jasper Kaun

Next recruitment combine is May 4-5 at the ROH Dojo in Baltimore

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
whens the buzz worthy show in the apartheid state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

they'll do bully vs juice for the title then its fine