Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

torgeaux posted:

No, no, no. The cord is in the way. It's never a matter of reach. Once you use the cordless, you never want to mess with an electrical cord snaking around the bed.

You sound like you’ve never tried bedroom bondage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I shouldn't have to say this, but don't tie someone with electrical cord.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I've never used any Hitachi version with my partner before, but we've also never used a corded toy together and that seems like an awkward mess just waiting to happen. Why wouldn't you get a cordless sex toy when given the choice???? It's just easier and more natural and allows for more organic situations in partnered play.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I've never used any Hitachi version with my partner before, but we've also never used a corded toy together and that seems like an awkward mess just waiting to happen. Why wouldn't you get a cordless sex toy when given the choice???? It's just easier and more natural and allows for more organic situations in partnered play.

1) Given that you’ve never used one I think you might be basing a few things on presumption. The battery powered hitachi is not small, neither of them are. You’re vastly overstating how much of a chore the cord is when the handle is already like a foot and a half long and the vibrations are probably the strongest you’ll get in a toy next to something like a Sybian. You’re not going to discretely whip a cordless magic wand out of a purse and go to town. It’s honestly too powerful for a lot of people to just use all randomly anyway so you may want to keep it next to the bed regardless.

2) the price disparity between the two models is pretty big (like +110% the cost) and some goons have mentioned being on a tight budget and not being able to really splurge on toys. That extra $100-$120 gives you a marginal improvement in the experience of the wand, IMO, but it can buy you a fair amount of lube or other toys or underwear or a basic suite of bondage restraints or some nice date activities or a night in a hotel room or any number of other things that you could buy for $100-120. If you buy on sale/special you can get a wand + some battery-powered vibe with a remote or Bluetooth or iOS for the retail cost of a wireless magic wand.

3. The wand is really powerful. Have I mentioned that it’s really powerful? Some people don’t like that or are too sensitive or never get used to the wand. It’s better to experiment with the regular and then upgrade to the wireless down the road if you feel like you want it than to spend $200 on a vibe that you end up hating or not being able to comfortably use. And it’s really not uncommon for people to find even the “low” setting to be too much.

turing_test
Feb 27, 2013

Pro tip: if you have a corded Hitachi, you can plug it into a dimmer switch to modulate the power. That being said, I have both and a dimmer switch and I reach for the battery-powered one nearly every time.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

turing_test posted:

Pro tip: if you have a corded Hitachi, you can plug it into a dimmer switch to modulate the power. That being said, I have both and a dimmer switch and I reach for the battery-powered one nearly every time.

You and every other person in your position.

But, the corded hitatchi cannot be beat for getting the knots out of your shoulders.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
argument aside, if you get one of the hitachi+rotary knob sets that are available everywhere (Amazon, Adam and Eve, extremerestraints, etc) be careful with the knob box and be prepared to toss it.

When my ex and I ordered one a few years ago there was a promotion running that made the “kit” as expensive as (or maybe cheaper than) buying the wand on its own. The wand was legit but the dimmer box was a piece of nameless bottom-barrel garbage that had sharp unfinished edges and was literally shocking to use.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Reread the recent Qubee question thread and decided that I didn’t actually do a great job of representing what I meant to say. So I’m taking another crack at it:

If your cislady partner is too sensitive after oral/manual/foreplay for PIV then you’re probably focusing on one area too much, and that area is most likely the clitoris. Don’t attack the clitoris!

A lot of dudes think that the clitoris is the be-all-end-all of women’s pleasure and zero in on it, when it’s actually really sensitive and should be one of the last things that gets directly touched during sex for many people. It’s not an orgasm nub that you just whale on to make Orgasm happen for Woman. Same thing with a lot of women’s nipples. Don’t just go for them right off the bat because they’re out there and accessible. Unless you like know what you’re doing but anyway, I digress.

It’s like getting a super-aggressive handjob that begins and focuses exclusively on the bare cockhead. Oh wait, in the bondage scene we call that CBT. It’s a very intense and often overstimulating experience.

With oral and manual try focusing on the other parts of the vulva or going in for a bit before incorporating the clit. It’s really evolved to derive sensation from general sexual activity- ie the whole vulva. When figuring out the basics of what your partner likes, aim to spread your attention around the whole vulva as an initial strategy. Then as they climb the ladder progressively focus more on the clit, especially if they tell you to. But it shouldn’t be the first thing you focus on or your only focus, and if it is then that’s probably why you’re overstimulating your girlfriend.

Also I mentioned this before, but two of my exes would often get cramps from exclusively external stimulation or too many vibe orgasms without penetrative stimulation happening too. That may not be the norm, I don’t have my own vulva to give input on, but it’s prolly good to just maintain a policy of variety.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Any advice for going down on a lady while having an enormous beard? "Shave it off first"?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hyperlynx posted:

Any advice for going down on a lady while having an enormous beard? "Shave it off first"?
if you want to keep it just hold it back with your hand, plenty of us bearded folks love cunnilingus

beard oil might make your beard feel softer and less itchy

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Beard condom.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Beard oil for her pleasure, washcloth or disposable wipe thing by the bed if you want to mop down after.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I wish we had Wegmans out here.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

I wish we had Wegmans out here.

You're missing out.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

KillHour posted:

You're missing out.

I know :(

At least we get to visit every other year because my wife is from Pittsford.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Reread the recent Qubee question thread and decided that I didn’t actually do a great job of representing what I meant to say. So I’m taking another crack at it:

If your cislady partner is too sensitive after oral/manual/foreplay for PIV then you’re probably focusing on one area too much, and that area is most likely the clitoris. Don’t attack the clitoris!

A lot of dudes think that the clitoris is the be-all-end-all of women’s pleasure and zero in on it, when it’s actually really sensitive and should be one of the last things that gets directly touched during sex for many people. It’s not an orgasm nub that you just whale on to make Orgasm happen for Woman. Same thing with a lot of women’s nipples. Don’t just go for them right off the bat because they’re out there and accessible. Unless you like know what you’re doing but anyway, I digress.

It’s like getting a super-aggressive handjob that begins and focuses exclusively on the bare cockhead. Oh wait, in the bondage scene we call that CBT. It’s a very intense and often overstimulating experience.

With oral and manual try focusing on the other parts of the vulva or going in for a bit before incorporating the clit. It’s really evolved to derive sensation from general sexual activity- ie the whole vulva. When figuring out the basics of what your partner likes, aim to spread your attention around the whole vulva as an initial strategy. Then as they climb the ladder progressively focus more on the clit, especially if they tell you to. But it shouldn’t be the first thing you focus on or your only focus, and if it is then that’s probably why you’re overstimulating your girlfriend.

Also I mentioned this before, but two of my exes would often get cramps from exclusively external stimulation or too many vibe orgasms without penetrative stimulation happening too. That may not be the norm, I don’t have my own vulva to give input on, but it’s prolly good to just maintain a policy of variety.

Also, be especially attentive to feedback both verbal and otherwise. I'm fortunate in that I have a partner who will guide me and let me know what is/isn't doing it for her.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

AlbieQuirky posted:

Beard oil for her pleasure, washcloth or disposable wipe thing by the bed if you want to mop down after.

I sometimes call my partner Captain Wetbeard because ~hilarious couple stuff~ but he was severely unimpressed when I called him that after he came up from going down. I thought it was hilarious, personally.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

What affects a woman's tightness during sex? Is it just sexual positions? Cause sometimes my partner feels looser, and I only get the most intense feelings right as I enter / exit. Other times, she's so tight it's almost pushing me out and grips super tight, which feels amazing no matter how shallow or deep I am. I guess lubrication affects sensation too, but that's more to do with friction, and less to do with tightness. The only thing that was different was the position we were in, she was on her stomach with her hips propped up on pillows, and I told her to keep her legs together. It was our first time trying this position and is probably going to be my favourite from here on out. And despite her being very wet (which usually means less stimulation for me), it felt better than any other position I've tried.

Also, this position is the only time I've felt this balloon feeling when I'm going deep in her. What is that? Is it just from how aroused she was? That also felt really nice, cause it was like something to push on and it stimulated my head. But I'm really curious to know what it was. She didn't say it hurt her (so I wasn't smashing her cervix, which is what I was worried about), and she managed to orgasm during it which was a super nice feeling for Mr Pencil Dick over here.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Her g-spot?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Qubee posted:

Mr Pencil Dick over here.

See that string on a tampon? It isn't there because you have to tie it on to something to stop it falling out. There is nothing wrong with your organ, it just wasn't made to play in a cathedral.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Welp. I lost my virginity. Sex is... difficult. Forget trying to be good at it, just managing to is hard enough. :v:

Expected problems, unexpected problems, clumsy and awkward but it sort of went. Just the tip for a short time but that counts I think. I thought it easier for both us if she was on top since she has some experience but she said it hurt so we stopped and tried a short time later but it wasn't better so we waited even longer and tried missionary but that didn't work either so we gave up. I made very sure she knew I wasn't at all disappointed or upset of course. It was still a very enjoyable afternoon.

Also my fingers and tongue have basically no stamina whatsoever. Should probably work on that. Are there any... workout stuff you can do for that?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fortunately, it's just a matter of practice. If she seems to prefer fingers vs tongue lean into whichever she likes but otherwise just do it a lot and you'll get used to it.

As an aside is there a pithy phrase on the level of "sucking dick" or "eating pussy" for manual stimulation on a vulva? Does it count as fingerbanging if you don't go inside at any time. Asking the hard questions on Friday afternoon.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I was just thinking about if it's called a hand job if you do it for a girl too. Or is it a rub job? Fingering is only if you stick fingers inside, right? Personally I think I would prefer to call oral a lick job over eating pussy.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Poil posted:

Also my fingers and tongue have basically no stamina whatsoever. Should probably work on that. Are there any... workout stuff you can do for that?

That's the best thing about sex, the best way to work out for it is to do it!

Especially since it sounds like you two are both on the relatively inexperienced side, just take your time, pleasure each other however you can and have fun with it.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
Buy lube and use a little bit. Neither of you are failures if you need lube, it's completely normal. KY or whatever is at your local drug store is fine, you can head to a sex store later (or online) and buy better stuff if you want. Have fun, sex is awkward

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

purple death ray posted:

Fortunately, it's just a matter of practice. If she seems to prefer fingers vs tongue lean into whichever she likes but otherwise just do it a lot and you'll get used to it.

As an aside is there a pithy phrase on the level of "sucking dick" or "eating pussy" for manual stimulation on a vulva? Does it count as fingerbanging if you don't go inside at any time. Asking the hard questions on Friday afternoon.

I think anything sexual you do with fingers and pussy qualifies as a fingerbang.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

purple death ray posted:

Frigging.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

gariig posted:

Have fun, sex is awkward

:hmmyes:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

gariig posted:

Buy lube and use a little bit. Neither of you are failures if you need lube, it's completely normal. KY or whatever is at your local drug store is fine, you can head to a sex store later (or online) and buy better stuff if you want. Have fun, sex is awkward

KY is poo poo and gently caress parabens and just do the minimal legwork to get some good poo poo. Order it online or whatever if you must

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I recommend buying a bigass thing of coconut oil and going to town, it's a magic lube.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

I recommend buying a bigass thing of coconut oil and going to town, it's a magic lube.

Doesn’t that start to smell really gross after a while?

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Poil posted:

I thought it easier for both us if she was on top since she has some experience but she said it hurt

High five for the virginity loss, but this is a bit sad :( how was it hurting for her? this kinda shouldn't happen I think

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Doesn’t that start to smell really gross after a while?

If you find the scent of coconut gross....

I usually buy the 2.5 lb tub at Costco and between use as sex and massage lube, moisturizer and poor man's beard oil we usually get 10-12 months out of one tub, never had any problems with it going rancid and that's storing it at room temperature.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Just remember that oil based lubes can weaken latex.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

purple death ray posted:

Ringing the devil’s doorbell

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Geoj posted:

If you find the scent of coconut gross....

I usually buy the 2.5 lb tub at Costco and between use as sex and massage lube, moisturizer and poor man's beard oil we usually get 10-12 months out of one tub, never had any problems with it going rancid and that's storing it at room temperature.

No, I love (love) the smell of coconut and coconut oil. I’ve just had issues with the smell of certain plant-based and fancy lubes and I wonder if coconut oil would be even worse. They have a sweet smell which, as it mixes with the odor of bodies and used genitals and the fluids and substances that are produced therein, becomes a sickly-sweet smell as sex goes on. Idk, maybe I’m just being weird. If I get to sex the lady I’m dating I’ll look into giving it a shot.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Colonel J posted:

High five for the virginity loss, but this is a bit sad :( how was it hurting for her? this kinda shouldn't happen I think
I asked and she said it was the inside that hurt. Could be from being really tense(?), not enough lube as the thread suggested (thanks! :) ) or because she had a spiral put in a month ago. Maybe it hadn't been long enough, or she needs a visit to a gynecologist. We used a condom anyway and it seemed a bit lubed but it could still have been not enough lube. Dunno.

I had no idea she had gotten a spiral until she suddenly informed me, are they any good? Both from a reliable point of view and good for her body? :ohdear:

Being left handed has some advantages occasionally. We could hold our non-dominant hands comfortably with our dominant hands free for other things. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Both the copper and hormonal coils are incredibly effective at preventing pregnancy, with a 0.2 and 0.8% failure rate respectively. That's compared to an 18% failure rate of male condoms and 9% for combined oral contraceptives (as per common usage because 'perfect use' is hard to achieve in reality.)

'Good for her body' is very subjective and varies between people. Often there can be a few months of painful, unpredictable, and/or heavy periods before things settle down after a coil has been inserted.

Why not talk to her about it? Her doctor will have given her lots of information before the procedure, I would hope!