Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot drat i don’t know what’s happening here but it loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

OhFunny posted:

I just want to thank you again for this post Silver. Really helped me get forms I was missing really quick.

:tipshat: My pleasure! Glad my advice helped.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I decided to go with a seadra, and man is she cute. Sea horses rule.

And I love vaporeon, but I've used it in many, many runs of old games and I wanted to try something new. :D

Wish me luck chaining for a shiny ponyta or rapidash.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vandar posted:

I feel the need to share Guzma's introduction in the anime, because it is absolutely wonderful in every single way. :swoon:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1112282634921508866

it's bad op

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

indigi posted:

it's bad op

I think the only bad thing here is your post

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Team Rocket's is bad since they're basically screaming the lyrics to their motto, whereas Skull actually had some skill with... what is that, Enka?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Vinylshadow posted:

Team Rocket's is bad since they're basically screaming the lyrics to their motto, whereas Skull actually had some skill with... what is that, Enka?

No joke though, I feel like the TR motto could make a good opening even for a non-nerdcore track.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vinylshadow posted:

I give James a pass since his performance shares energy with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEqDjpIIJc

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RentKWlhUXc

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

And it also has a greater chance of getting shinies. Got my only shiny, Kirlia, from a goons friend safari. Thank you, Meis! Shiny Gardevoir is a jewel in my Pokémon collection, and it’s clones have made a lot of people happy.

Unrelated, one of my wishes for Sword/Shield, is that it supports Pokeball Plus. I still love carrying that thing around.

Shiny Gardevoir clones you say? May I have one if possible?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Who knew that this dumb bit of localization would be so fondly remembered?

As a side note, onigiri come in many shapes, but the distinctive "rounded triangle" shape comes from Tokyo, hence why that particular shape shows up in a lot of Japanese media.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Bought Let's Go on a whim after the Sword/Shield announcement and I'm having a grand old time even if it does feel weird and different. I assume there's still version exclusive mons and trade-only evos? Or can I solve those with fancy enough chains or something?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Bought Let's Go on a whim after the Sword/Shield announcement and I'm having a grand old time even if it does feel weird and different. I assume there's still version exclusive mons and trade-only evos? Or can I solve those with fancy enough chains or something?

I think the in-game trades should help out. Trading is a bit hit-and-miss unless you use the trading thread. You can also bring in a lot from Pokemon Go if you've been playing for the past year or two.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm pretty sure Team Rocket's is bad on purpose

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Aerofallosov posted:

I decided to go with a seadra, and man is she cute. Sea horses rule.

And I love vaporeon, but I've used it in many, many runs of old games and I wanted to try something new. :D

Wish me luck chaining for a shiny ponyta or rapidash.

Just a reminder, any chain works. I got my shiny Dodribro chaining Eevees(for "amazing" stats because I felt it was appropriate to have a full Eevolution squad)
And I got my shiny Rhidon chaining Machokes(for Hitmonlee)

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Slightly different version exclusives than the OG, and yes there's still trade evolutions(the absolute worst thing still in Pokemon)

For Eevee though, you can get around the lack of growlith by getting an Arcanine from a lady that wants you to like Meowth.

Also, pro tip: don't bother catching the original starters. There are gift ones that you can easily meet the requirements for and they have perfect stats.

Also also, thanks for all the water types suggestions, I got Golisopod and he's extremely fun and looks rad. I'll check out the other suggestions, but between him, Muk, and Inceneroar Im pretty sure I'm going to take over team Skull after I show that Igor looking chump that I'm the bad guy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Tir McDohl posted:

Shiny Gardevoir clones you say? May I have one if possible?

I’ll make a post sometime this week when I’m ready. I have a bunch of cloned 2010 Mews’ as well. The early days of ORAS were wild.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I’ll make a post sometime this week when I’m ready. I have a bunch of cloned 2010 Mews’ as well. The early days of ORAS were wild.

oooo! one of each please!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Do you have any name change tech by any chance or is that a step too far? I just really like being able to nickname things and pokemon's name rules are a bummer.

edit: Oh! And you can have any pick of whatever shinies I have. I just got a shiny larvesta called Hestia yesterday for example.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 2, 2019

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I would definitely be interested in a shiny 'garde clone. Anything in particular you'd be interested in? I have metric poo poo tons of stuff. If it's breedable I can get it.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Awesome, thank you. I'll be there for your post.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Flopsy posted:

Do you have any name change tech by any chance or is that a step too far? I just really like being able to nickname things and pokemon's name rules are a bummer.

edit: Oh! And you can have any pick of whatever shinies I have. I just got a shiny larvesta called Hestia yesterday for example.

Nope. The clones were made using the AR Code crash glitch from ORAS. Gardevoir is named after forum user Meis whose friend safari I found the Kirlia from, and Mew is just Mew from the 2010 giveaway.

I’m not looking for anything particular in return. Maybe just a sample from a breeding project you’re proud of, or the offspring of one of your favorite Pokémon. I don’t care about anything competitive, just good friends.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nope. The clones were made using the AR Code crash glitch from ORAS. Gardevoir is named after forum user Meis whose friend safari I found the Kirlia from, and Mew is just Mew from the 2010 giveaway.

I’m not looking for anything particular in return. Maybe just a sample from a breeding project you’re proud of, or the offspring of one of your favorite Pokémon. I don’t care about anything competitive, just good friends.

That's fine. Outside of fixing some names I'm pretty well set up on this end. Honestly if there's anything you'd be interested in just let me know. :)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Booted up Ultra Moon for a change, started my first game of it and was moping around looking for a Pichu in the wrong patch of grass, stepped over to the right one and immediately found a shiny. Cool.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nasgate posted:

Just a reminder, any chain works. I got my shiny Dodribro chaining Eevees(for "amazing" stats because I felt it was appropriate to have a full Eevolution squad)
And I got my shiny Rhidon chaining Machokes(for Hitmonlee)

Slightly different version exclusives than the OG, and yes there's still trade evolutions(the absolute worst thing still in Pokemon)

For Eevee though, you can get around the lack of growlith by getting an Arcanine from a lady that wants you to like Meowth.

Also, pro tip: don't bother catching the original starters. There are gift ones that you can easily meet the requirements for and they have perfect stats.

Also also, thanks for all the water types suggestions, I got Golisopod and he's extremely fun and looks rad. I'll check out the other suggestions, but between him, Muk, and Inceneroar Im pretty sure I'm going to take over team Skull after I show that Igor looking chump that I'm the bad guy.

You'd better not be badmouthing my boy Guzma.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Uuugh, SPAWN DARN YOU. I guess if this stack of lures runs out, I'll take a break. I just wanted a darn shiny fire horse.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nasgate posted:

Speaking of water Pokemon. What should I get in US/UM.
I like the idea of a squad of fighting Pokemon and/big boys(like my soon to be Muk) but it seems like my choices are Poliwrath who gets pretty meh moves and Crabrawler who evolves into the worst type. I'm reluctant to use Gyrados and Vaporeon because I've used them so many times before, and Muk already handles the poison that Tentacruel would bring.

Use Araquanid

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Wishiwashi was a ton of fun for me!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dan Didio posted:

Booted up Ultra Moon for a change, started my first game of it and was moping around looking for a Pichu in the wrong patch of grass, stepped over to the right one and immediately found a shiny. Cool.

Nice! I got my first ever shiny in Ultra Moon. Gloriana the shiny Tsareena is the queen of my heart. And of kicking things.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

You'd better not be badmouthing my boy Guzma.

I don't respect anyone that comes at me with less than 5 Pokemon. Especially when they're ten levels below me because I catch or kill everything in my path.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Smogon tier changes for April:

▲ Mega Venusaur moved from UUBL to OU
    ▲ Hoopa Unbound moved from UUBL to OU
    ▲ Kommo-o moved from UU to OU
    ▼ Mega Sableye moved from OU to UU
    ▼ Heracross moved from UU to RUBL
    ▲ Diancie moved from NU to RU
    ▲ Slowbro moved from NU to RU
    ▼ Pangoro moved from RU to NU
    ▲ Minior moved from PUBL to NU
    ▲ Alolan Exeggutor moved from PUBL to NU
    ▲ Samurott moved from PUBL to NU
    ▲ Typhlosion moved from PUBL to NU
    ▼ Kingler moved from NU to PUBL
    ▼ Guzzlord moved from NU to PU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Minior is so cute, but I'm odd. :v:

I went through a couple stacks of lures/super lures and didn't see a single shiny ponyta after the 31 combo. :( Is it best to park on one patch of grass on route 17 or go back and forth? I decided to move on with the story for now, but I did get a kick rear end amazing ponyta that I crammed full of candies and is now a kick rear end unicorn.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

drat I thought people wrote off Kommo-o as a non-competitor.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Alxprit posted:

I'd imagine it's some combination of getting around Substitute, setting Stealth Rock, and the +1 boost to every stat from the Z-move? Plus I guess the best of its three marginal abilities will just randomly screw some Shadow Ball or Gyro Ball users.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Alxprit posted:

It's in a tough place. The Z-move was banned very fast from UU, and people didn't really want to waste the Z-move slot on it in OU. Without the Z-move it's just okay in UU.

It sounds like enough people are running Z-Kommo-o in OU that it managed to move up.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aerofallosov posted:

Minior is so cute, but I'm odd. :v:

Thinking Minior is cute isn't odd, that's an objectively correct opinion:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Thinking Minior is cute isn't odd, that's an objectively correct opinion:

That shiny form is really cool.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nasgate posted:

I don't respect anyone that comes at me with less than 5 Pokemon. Especially when they're ten levels below me because I catch or kill everything in my path.

Sounds like you left EXP share on like a coward. :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

sure, Guzma. That's what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It still irritates me that Pokemon subs use unlocalized names for everything. We know what it is!