Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Apocalypse?
This poll is closed.
conquest 212 19.26%
war 244 22.16%
famine 353 32.06%
death 292 26.52%
Total: 733 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

there is no ethical death penalty under white supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Kurtofan posted:

SEVEN DOLLARS FOR A CROISSANT??
Do they make them in Paris and fly them in lmao

Nope, insane price markups are pretty commonplace at LaGuardia (and other major airports) - what other options does the average traveler have?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Kurtofan posted:

for seven dollars i can get like four croissants i think

but this is NEW YAWK BABY

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Who are these people who are just now seeing this for the first time like creepy uncle Joe hasn't been a thing for years.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
love paying $4 for a bottle of water at the airport

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

NPR this morning was reporting on the El Paso Bridge concentration camp and said that the Border Patrol might have to "release asylum seekers into an unfamiliar country where they can't take care of them" and I nearly crashed me car

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah funny how the media is ignoring these are girls not necessarily adult women

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

euphronius posted:

hearing a New Yorker say “La Guardia” owns

go Mets baby love da Mets

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

because the state often convicts innocent opl

correct.

perhaps we can come to a compromise, death penalty for any chuds, white and/or with >400k in wealth; and no death penalty for poc and anyone less than that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bethamphetamine posted:

He had a company. Got elected and put it in his wife's name. Then created mandatory drug testing for gov't benefits. And guess who did the testing?

That's just one of his scams.

yeah, and like every single state that implements it, it's the same racket, this kind of fraud is just considered hum drum stuff and Trump is normalizing explicit pay-for-access schemes of every variety you can imagine. They're finally pulling the trigger on the big stuff because they've discovered that no, actually, as long as it isn't rich fucks they're scamming, there isn't a body in the country that can or will stop them

these people seriously need to be exiled from society and pushed out on an ice floe if we're ever going to recover as a culture or country

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

zegermans posted:

NPR this morning was reporting on the El Paso Bridge concentration camp and said that the Border Patrol might have to "release asylum seekers into an unfamiliar country where they can't take care of them" and I nearly crashed me car

I get the misguided anger at "Fake News" but goddamn if they aren't trying.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

uh is she just discovering this or something? airport anything is insanely overpriced because people are forced to get food from there.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius posted:

hearing a New Yorker say “La Guardia” owns

the little flower 🥀

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

LegoMan posted:

Every time, I mean literally every time someone says something to the effect of "we women aren't fragile, we can handle Biden fondling us" post this

https://twitter.com/DjangoHoorides/status/1111808510956720128

also lmao. dat link

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why is aoc using a goatse smilie anyways

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

LegoMan posted:

Every time, I mean literally every time someone says something to the effect of "we women aren't fragile, we can handle Biden fondling us" post this

https://twitter.com/DjangoHoorides/status/1111808510956720128

makes me wish qanon was real

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

because the state often convicts innocent opl

Once you realize that justice has nothing to do with punishing crimes and everything to do with enforcing social and racial hierarchies, the death penalty becomes a lot less defensible and the demographics of those executed start to make a lot more sense

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gaoc

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i cant believe bernard sanders is paying women to come out against biden

how's that mega weed treating you

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

why is aoc using a goatse smilie anyways

i'm glad i wasnt the onyl one confused by that. when looking at it in tiny mode, it looks like a giant gaping butthole with cheeks spread apart

thanks for the solidarity fellow goon :911:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Louisgod posted:

uh is she just discovering this or something? airport anything is insanely overpriced because people are forced to get food from there.

I'm sure she isn't, she was there a few days ago looking over proposed and ongoing construction on LaGuardia. I'm sure seeing a $7 croissant sticks with you, though.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have acquired beef for jerky :getin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
How long can America deal with affluent white old fucks with zero accountability, on a cultural and moral level?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Louisgod posted:

the point is that a single pastry (one of gently caress knows how many sold in a day) is valued at more than half an hour of a persons' labour, but companies cant afford to increase wages because reasons

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

how's that mega weed treating you

i just smoked a giant thc rock and i almost died

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

SEVEN DOLLARS FOR A CROISSANT??
Do they make them in Paris and fly them in lmao

No, the company that sells them has a monopoly and can charge whatever price maximizes profit.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
she probably should've picked a different pastry to bitch about because croissants take several solid hours of labor to make, plus at least half a day of proving time. Add in the cost of the strict temperature control, the reprehensible amount of butter, and the fact that joe average off the street isnt going to be able to make them correctly on the first try, and you can see why someone would charge a shitload for a small batch

but all that assumes they're making puff pastry from scratch there at the airport, which they absolutely are not, so on second thought shes 100% right to bitch about them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

well Miami will be toast in 10 years so

if that doesn’t start accountability then it won’t ever happen

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

How long can America deal with affluent white old fucks with zero accountability, on a cultural and moral level?

machetes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Lastgirl posted:

until heat death of the universe climate change destroys western society and planetary extinction

so.. 40 years?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Hot Karl Marx posted:

💎💎💎💎💎

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

that sounds cool as hell

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

Well, the democrats care (and won't get elected) and the republicans excuse bad behavior and get elected. It's really that simple!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kurtofan posted:

for seven dollars i can get like four croissants i think

but was your croissant dough folded eleven billion times by an undocumented immigrant in a border concentration camp? you just can't overpay for that kinda flavouring man

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

snoo posted:

I have acquired beef for jerky :getin:

waste of beef if you aren't making biltong

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

smoke that thic cock

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what does a gram of diamonds go 4 in CA???

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mackensie posted:

Well, the democrats care

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

TMMadman posted:

I'll admit to being very conflicted about the death penalty.

My problem stems from the fact that I just don't see the value in keeping some alive, like mass murderers, serial rapists, or Republican leadership.

even if you had a mind reading machine that made 100% sure those who were sentenced to death actually did the crimes they were accused of, it's still wrong because all states are authoritarian by nature and any grant of power must come with the assumption that the state will try to misuse that power for its own benefit, in ways that disregard the secondary effects. the capacity to win elections by being ~tough on crime~ and using the elected position to pass laws that disproportionately hurt the disenfranchised is a great example

when society asserts that the state has the power to execute those who are imprisoned and in no future danger to anyone else, it reduces the life of the individual to the raw economic benefit that individual provides to the state. that one's worth is zero if they don't provide any transactional value. and of course this assumption echoes out throughout the entire society, wondering why homeless people are worth keeping alive, or those mentally unable to work, or those who just don't fit in