Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Squizzle posted:

does each mace confer a diff super power

lightning mace, fire mace, gravity mace, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3i2amF7dyE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1112749669967237120?s=19

Surely they will approve one of these, which are different from the proposals they voted down last week in some way that isn't clear

They might well vote for that last one, because it just involves saying they have power or intent to do something without actually doing anything, like how they voted to rule out no deal but not to actually do anything to prevent no deal being the default.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they say he who draws the mace from the stone shall become prime minister

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1112749669967237120?s=19

Surely they will approve one of these, which are different from the proposals they voted down last week in some way that isn't clear

It's fun how a second referendum won the last set of fake votes and everyone went "oh hey customs market won" and then excluded a second referendum from every future plan.

Unless that's what "confirmatory public vote" is supposed to mean?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

the infinity mace

you should have gone...for no deal... *snaps finger*

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Squizzle posted:

dont be ridiculous they're just maces

the royal spirit enters them when they're placed on a certain way on a special table inside an old building that makes the mace transform into the konigsgeist and the building transforms into parliament

like he man

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

PostNouveau posted:

It is.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

It's fun how a second referendum won the last set of fake votes and everyone went "oh hey customs market won" and then excluded a second referendum from every future plan.

we're not doing a remain/leave vote again and nobody but the worst centrists imaginable want that, because "leave" gets to be all of ur dreams coming true

the idea is a choice between dreadful modern britain and whatever poo poo sandwich is actually on offer, because there's gently caress all chance of anything except no-deal winning that one (and it isnt on offer)

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

DeadButDelicious posted:

Tag urself im the guy on the right who's too shy to drop his jeans and came along for bragging rights.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Do any of the maces have ghost touch? Or are the maces only masterwork, making the question moot? Asking for myself.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

quote:

Germany’s Europe minister has accused “90 percent” of the British cabinet of having “no idea how workers think, live, work and behave”, as politicians in the union are finding Westminster turmoil to be a useful argument in the campaign for upcoming elections.

At the Social Democratic party’s (SPD) conference on Saturday, Michael Roth dispensed with diplomatic etiquette to condemn what he called the “big shitshow” of Brexit.

UK politicians “born with silver spoons in their mouths, who went to private schools and elite universities” were responsible for the current impasse in parliament, but were unlikely to suffer the direct consequences of their actions, he said.

“I don’t know if William Shakespeare could have come up with such a tragedy but who will foot the bill?” asked Roth, 48, who has been Europe minister since 2013.

(I didn't even know we had a Europe minister, lol. I should pay more attention towards my own country's politics I guess, but watching the Trump and Brexit trainwrecks is just so much more entertaining)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lib dems and cucks aren't voting for common market 2.0

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

System Metternich posted:

I should pay more attention towards my own country's politics I guess, but watching the Trump and Brexit trainwrecks is just so much more entertaining)

:mood:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

except i should also be paying attn to trump

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Nebakenezzer posted:

It honestly would be a good idea to strengthen NATO by increasing it's funding and getting more organized as to who contributes what

Uh...

Why?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

all of these are going to fail, aren't they. I'd be shocked if anything else were to happen

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve never seen so many white people

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

lib dems and cucks aren't voting for common market 2.0

holding out for common market god common market??

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the naked people changed everyone's minds and now brexit is no longer. rip

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

System Metternich posted:

(I didn't even know we had a Europe minister, lol. I should pay more attention towards my own country's politics I guess, but watching the Trump and Brexit trainwrecks is just so much more entertaining)

That guy sounds pretty cool. Please don't tell me he's actually horrible.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Do you realize how completely insane it is that you have a hereditary monarch as you head of state in the year of our lord 2019? Do you realize?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Opferwurst posted:

Do you realize how completely insane it is that you have a hereditary monarch as you head of state in the year of our lord 2019? Do you realize?

lol you think thats bad what about every other commonwealth country?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Opferwurst posted:

They're far from alone though?

Get back to us if she prorogues parliament or actually does something else. Even in Canada when the governor general prorogued parliament it was at the request of the current government.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

lol you think thats bad what about every other commonwealth country?

drat dude that's a sick avatar

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

prefect posted:

That guy sounds pretty cool. Please don't tell me he's actually horrible.

how could you ever be suspicious about a german politician trying to stoke popular support by inveighing against some ill defined privileged class who keep concerns at odds w those of the common worker

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

drat dude that's a sick avatar

yeah i'm going to keep it for a day or so because i can't believe someone who probably whines in qcs non-stop about people posting in the DnD venezuela thread buying me an av calling me a retard

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squizzle posted:

how could you ever be suspicious about a german politician trying to stoke popular support by inveighing against some ill defined privileged class who keep concerns at odds w those of the common worker

No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

prefect posted:

No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

It says "The, Albion, The"

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Opferwurst posted:

yes. have you seen their approval? until they gently caress up as bad as the spanish lot did, we're definitely not winning that revolution

our current plan is to hope Charles doesn't abdicate because William has a PR/celebrity machine behind him that'd make holywood blush, but Charles is a weirdo pedo into alt medicine and the best shot we'll have for a republic for quite some time.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

we need another few rounds of royal intermarriages until there is just one ceremonial throne of europe, empowering countless maces

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Every city centre in the UK I visit is full of insanely impoverished homeless people it's beginning to remind me of Bangaluru

It makes me sick with rage

If I didn't have family to care for and care for me I'd probably be making some plans

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Squizzle posted:

we need another few rounds of royal intermarriages until there is just one ceremonial throne of europe, empowering countless maces

United Kingdom of Europe now

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Squizzle posted:

vichy 3 when

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

United Kingdom of Europe now

the breenter will be done by royal marriage

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Every city centre in the UK I visit is full of insanely impoverished homeless people it's beginning to remind me of Bangaluru

It makes me sick with rage

If I didn't have family to care for and care for me I'd probably be making some plans

Yeah I was in Germany recently and there were so many less homeless, it shocked me how much I had got used to seeing lots of them. Not that there weren't homeless people, but it was like pre-2008 UK levels.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

*extremely american cspam voice* Ireland will finally reunite!!

*three months later* hmm should the streets be filled ankle deep in blood or

The Irish diaspora population of America is larger than the actual population of Ireland, so shouldn't we get to have ultimate say in how many counties they have? :thunk:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

marktheando posted:

Yeah I was in Germany recently and there were so many less homeless, it shocked me how much I had got used to seeing lots of them. Not that there weren't homeless people, but it was like pre-2008 UK levels.

A U S T E R I T Y

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

The Irish diaspora population of America is larger than the actual population of Ireland, so shouldn't we get to have ultimate say in how many counties they have? :thunk:

Theres 14 counties in Massachusetts so how many would that make it.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Though homeless people seem to be more plentiful in Britain than most other European countries, what they lack in material wealth they make up for in charm, as many of them play endearing diddies on tiny flutes all day, thereby contributing to the whimsical Dickensian character of the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twoday posted:

Though homeless people seem to be more plentiful in Britain than most other European countries, what they lack in material wealth they make up for in charm, as many of them play endearing diddies on tiny flutes all day, thereby contributing to the whimsical Dickensian character of the UK

im not convinced youve ever read a word of dickens