Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

If I remember correctly, he was slow rolling in his corner so I ran Lulo and Ello along my bottom edge, and Tallie with Nien up the side and made him either choose one side to go after or split his ships. He ended up turning in more or less between them and got hammered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Just FYI. Barnes and noble (website) has all X-Wing second edition stuff advertised as buy one get one half off.

But if you put it in cart, it’s buy one get one FREE. You can use coupon code APRILREADS for another 10-15% off

I just ordered 2x Sith Infiltrators and 2x Servants of Strife for $73, including tax, free shipping.

THIS IS NOT A STUPID APRIL FOOLS JOKE

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

Just FYI. Barnes and noble (website) has all X-Wing second edition stuff advertised as buy one get one half off.

But if you put it in cart, it’s buy one get one FREE. You can use coupon code APRILREADS for another 10-15% off

I just ordered 2x Sith Infiltrators and 2x Servants of Strife for $73, including tax, free shipping.

THIS IS NOT A STUPID APRIL FOOLS JOKE

Holy poo poo. I just grabbed a pair of Sith Infiltrators for $37 shipped.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Do they ship internationally?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Ahooga I just got 2 sith infiltrators, one of each new squadron packs and 4 ARCs for $172 shipped.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Bought two Infiltrators and got two free ARCs.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 1, 2019

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Bistromatic posted:

Do they ship internationally?

At least to Canada!

I went small and only got 4 vulture droids.

How long to figure out how much they hosed up?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Fun but tiring weekend. Got my worlds invite tho.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Nabbed an X-Wing and a Y-Wing for free, and it’s got local pickup to where I work. Natch!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Looks like people caught on, bulk of them are out of stock.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Didn't apply to the S&V or Resistance Conversion Kits, the only thing I would want to buy right now.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
drat.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

How to get 1 mm of lateral slop movement when using official FFG prize templates (should be 40mm x 20mm)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So the guy who cheated on stream at worlds by spinning his dial when his opponent was distracted tried the exact same thing at Adepticon.

This friggin guy

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

So the guy who cheated on stream at worlds by spinning his dial when his opponent was distracted tried the exact same thing at Adepticon.

This friggin guy

Did he get caught on stream again?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I haven't really got back into the game in earnest with 2.0 even though I picked up the conversion kits for the new trilogy factions. Most of my energy has been going to Legion.

But I did have a fun time in costume as Poe at Adepticon Saturday. Sadly BB8 was under the weather and didn't want to do too much rolling without returning to the wall outlet.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

Did he get caught on stream again?

Not on stream no. It was during hyperspace thing on sat. His opponent went to walk around the table, turned his head and caught him thumbing his dial just like he did at worlds.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I can’t find anything about this.

I’m not saying that Parker G isn’t above cheating, again, but I’m reluctant to take this claim at face value

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I dunno, you look more like Snap Wexley. I mean that in a good way.

banned from Starbucks posted:

This friggin guy

loving lol, I hope this is true.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I got demolished at Adepticon as well, ran the list posted earlier with 2x assualt gunboats, sloane shuttle, and maarek in the system open and went 3-3 despite me being vexed as heck by my dials, and ran double infiltrators on a lark in the hyperspace qualifier and went 2-4, and 1-2 with the same list in a pod on Thursday beforehand.

A Gold Squadron fellow wanted me to be on stream for the second game of the system open since my list wasn't resistance or rebels or quad phantoms I guess? But I hadn't started hitting my flask yet and said I'd only flown the list once before and lost in the first game, so I denied you all the opportunity to watch a goon with a goon list get destroyed on LIVE TV. Sorry.

Did manage to at least play enough games for Guri and Captain Jonus cards and Luke and Biggs cards, but man I really don't want to play 13 games of X-Wing next year over the span of three days. Maybe I'll do a Legion thing or two with Owlbear Camus next year, or he will have learned 2.0 and the team epic tournament will make a return so we can have a casual drinking event where I'm not worried about thos prize tickets.

That said it's super fun seeing guys year after year there that I only see once a year; it's a real fun time if you're on the edge about going.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I decided one day of X-Wing is enough for next year too. Need to get in on some other games and some more painting classes next year.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

I can’t find anything about this.

I’m not saying that Parker G isn’t above cheating, again, but I’m reluctant to take this claim at face value

I have also heard literally nothing about this and he plays in my area. "Accuse the guy who got caught cheating once for an easy excuse" seems entirely possible.

There was a guy who ended up coming over to the BattleTech tables on Sunday that was flying quad phantoms and missed the cut by not very much at all. Funzo, was that Zess? He was a cool guy. :)

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Hmm. B&N is showing text saying "buy one get one free" but is only taking 50% off. And it doesn't work for all x-wing, just a specific few it seems.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Strobe posted:

I have also heard literally nothing about this and he plays in my area. "Accuse the guy who got caught cheating once for an easy excuse" seems entirely possible.

There was a guy who ended up coming over to the BattleTech tables on Sunday that was flying quad phantoms and missed the cut by not very much at all. Funzo, was that Zess? He was a cool guy. :)

I’m not sure, I can’t remember the name of guy I played against.
Is that kept anywhere? Are there actually accessible records for tournaments?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Strobe posted:

Dude should have been banned from FFG OP events. Don't cheat on live stream and you won't get accused of cheating. Like it's one thing if some players accuse a guy of cheating, but this fucker got caught on camera doing it and still gets to show up and play at events.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

There is absolutely no reason why documented cheating on stream doesn't merit a lifetime ban from OP on the first offense

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Funzo posted:

I’m not sure, I can’t remember the name of guy I played against.
Is that kept anywhere? Are there actually accessible records for tournaments?

You should still be able to see your pairings in the BCP app, mine are all still in there.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Bear Is Driving posted:

You should still be able to see your pairings in the BCP app, mine are all still in there.

That's what I thought too, but the Open has disappeared from my app.

edit: Apparently, if you're a subscriber to BCP you can see complete event history. I'm not a subscriber though.

edit 2: I was able to search and find the event. No, that wasn't the guy I played.
Turns out in the third round I played the guy that was on the first round of the Gold Squadron stream. I lost that game, but on the plus side, Lulo killed the Ghost single-handedly.

Funzo fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 2, 2019

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!

Strobe posted:

Funzo, was that Zess? He was a cool guy. :)

Zess plays at my local game store. He is indeed a cool guy. :) I don't approve of his quad Phantom list though, and I'll tell him to his face

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Funzo posted:

That's what I thought too, but the Open has disappeared from my app.

I can see everyone's pairings still, if you are willing to give your name/last initial or whatever then I can find your list of opponents for you. I only have the last 3 rounds of the hyperspace though since I was busy uh.. getting a worlds invite. :whatup:

Edit: Oh, nm then! Missed your edits.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Bear Is Driving posted:

I can see everyone's pairings still, if you are willing to give your name/last initial or whatever then I can find your list of opponents for you. I only have the last 3 rounds of the hyperspace though since I was busy uh.. getting a worlds invite. :whatup:

Edit: Oh, nm then! Missed your edits.

Nice job! What did you fly? Does "getting a worlds invite" mean you won it all (I can't remember).

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Top 8 got invites, which is how far I got. I was flying Vader/Afterburners and 3 Imdaar Test Pilots, so only a mildly cancerous list, lol. It was a pretty crazy weekend, I actually conceded my first game of the open and took a 30 minute nap(I have some med issues and I was feeling awful, and I got paired with one of my locals so I gave him some points), I never expected to make it even half that far. Turns out even naked Phantoms are pretty good, and Vader is a massive hammer.

I don't know how many other goons will be at worlds but at least we'll have one now, since Brunas has apparently abandoned us.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
I impulse bought an infiltrator and a bunch of vultures during the B&N sale because I'm bad with money. Is there anything here, or should I stick with naked generics for the swarm?

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separa...20Squadron&obs=

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Spiggy posted:

I impulse bought an infiltrator and a bunch of vultures during the B&N sale because I'm bad with money. Is there anything here, or should I stick with naked generics for the swarm?

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separa...20Squadron&obs=

That's almost exactly what I was going to try out.
I'm not sure about discord missiles yet though. I haven't tried them, but they seem like they might just end up as a gimmick that never really works right.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I've been having fun with 6 naked vulture droids with Maul + hate + grevious crew + your choice of 5 point relay. You could swap one vulture droid out to put energy shell charges on everyone if you like but I've found the extra body to be very useful.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 3, 2019

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Funzo posted:

That's almost exactly what I was going to try out.
I'm not sure about discord missiles yet though. I haven't tried them, but they seem like they might just end up as a gimmick that never really works right.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Plus I'm not 100% sure how good DFS will be in this list. The vulture passive might render passing calculate as well as Maul flanking and force regen might make the skill useless.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I've been having fun with 6 naked vulture droids with Maul + hate + grevious crew + your choice of 5 point relay. You could swap one culture drops out to put energy shell charges on everyone if you like but I've found the extra body to be very useful.

B-b-but Kraken...

I've only played with and against Kraken and the others jsut don't seem to stack up, even at 5 points less.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

hoiyes posted:

B-b-but Kraken...

I've only played with and against Kraken and the others jsut don't seem to stack up, even at 5 points less.

Kraken is by far the best but 6 vultures + Maul with hate and Grievous only leaves 9 points. You could drop Grievous but he is essentially a 3 point shield upgrade that can regenerate multiple times over the course of a game which is amazing.

K2-B4 is okay but giving your opponent a choice isn't ideal. Saved me a couple of damage over the course of a game though and helped me push a few through. TV-94 I've tried once and never triggered him even though I was playing against 4 arcs but he could probably use some more testing.

I don't actually think any of the relays are necessary upgrades.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Discords feel like they should be really strong (as they make it a lot less important, and a lot less attractive as a result to PS kill the carriers once they're fired) but getting the engagement ranges right is super difficult.

I've already pretty much abandoned Grappling Struts, because unless you get your landing on the rock absolutely perfect, you don't get the defensive benefit and that is absolutely crucial to them not dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
My FLGS had their original order of Infiltrators and Servants of Strife come in damaged. They offered us regulars a 50% discount on them. So now I have way too much separatist stuff. Luckily the ships and cards are undamaged.