Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
aw hell yeah Third Man sent me a tracking number for that Sleep direct-to-acetate package today, gonna be dope as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ingmar terdman posted:

Revisiting Soused today bc of Scott Walker's recent death and my imminent one in the Tennessee cave

I’m sad that Soused is one of the only albums I’ve ever heard that I found intensely unlistenable. I love the themes and concepts etc but man that album bounced off me hard. I’ll have to give it another chance but I don’t know if that will help.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Couple of releases I've really been digging lately.

Body Void - I Live Inside a Burning House
Dark sludgy doom.

Endless Floods - II
Heavy atmospheric doom.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Seeing Thou for like the 10th time on Friday very excited

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
YOB have a new live performance recording up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnPu9RU28HE
Pretty excited to see them next week after hearing this.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

prayer group posted:

YOB have a new live performance recording up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnPu9RU28HE
Pretty excited to see them next week after hearing this.

we've got a permanent line and pilsner cans at the Broadberry, not to mention two free ticket to each show, so i'm pretty sure me and one of the salesboyz are getting hammered with Yob next weekend

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

we've got a permanent line and pilsner cans at the Broadberry, not to mention two free ticket to each show, so i'm pretty sure me and one of the salesboyz are getting hammered with Yob next weekend

Pretty sure they dont drink.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Pokey Araya posted:

Pretty sure they dont drink.

at least two of them do!

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
Pls dont kill Mike's gut, I want more Yob in the future :ohdear:

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

When I saw them in June Mike was sipping on a single beer and pointed out he was in fact "not drinking like a fish"

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i didn't say they would be getting hammered, just that they would be present

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

when i saw Yob last summer Mike was swigging from a liquor bottle but he then walked on stage and blew my loving mind with how good a guitar player is so it definitely didn't affect his ability to play

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Seeing Thou for like the 10th time on Friday very excited

Kind of disappointed with that set being only 45 minutes and not having any Magus songs on it (though I saw several of those tracks live long before the Summer of Thou had even been announced). The two songs from Heathen and Smoke Pigs were insane though. If Margaritaville wasn’t on loving Navy Pier I’d go to the Emma Ruth Rundle collab in a heartbeat.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Mike's pedalboard from December:

Note the drink arsenal on the left.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Henchman of Santa posted:

Kind of disappointed with that set being only 45 minutes and not having any Magus songs on it (though I saw several of those tracks live long before the Summer of Thou had even been announced). The two songs from Heathen and Smoke Pigs were insane though. If Margaritaville wasn’t on loving Navy Pier I’d go to the Emma Ruth Rundle collab in a heartbeat.

I lost my poo poo when we got Smoke Pigs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

I lost my poo poo when we got Smoke Pigs

I did not know that song going in and now it’s like a top 5 Thou song for me.

Both of my Thou live experiences were weird as hell. When they opened for Warning I was hoping to hear some stuff from Heathen. Instead we got all awesome songs I was unfamiliar with, because they turned out to be from the then-unannounced Magus. This time I was stoked to hear stuff from Magus, which was my AOTY, but they didn’t play any of it and instead played two awesome songs from Heathen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thou are on my list of bands to see, they've never travelled to Ireland but I see they're over in the UK so I might fly over.
I've seen

Sleep x2
Sunn O)))
Earth x4
Boris x2
Yob
Shrinebuilder

So a lot of the big ones already!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/honkysupreme/status/1094270510794452993

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

haha it looks like he came from backstage.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I saw Thou a few years ago, the last song they played was The Chain by Fleetwood Mac with the lady from King Woman as Stevie Nicks.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Primitive Man is playing here in Hobart in a couple of weeks. :getin:

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

That dude landed about 5 feet from me, he scared the gently caress out of all of us, everything was moving so slow, so much smoke you could only see 5 feet, and then this fast moving object. What a dumbass.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I love it except that he had a good chance of loving up some unsuspecting people.

It’s still pretty drat funny

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

So much music to experience in 2019, yet here I am listening to Dopesmoker again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Varg posted:

So much music to experience in 2019, yet here I am listening to Dopesmoker again.

Every few months I gotta listen to the whole thing. It's potentially my favorite album ever

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Just realized I haven't listened to it as much in the past year because of the Sciences. Fixing that problem now

edit: yehhhhhh

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 3, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I used to throw Dopesmoker on my headphones and jam along to it on the piano for hours. I'm sure to anyone listening it just sounded like I was hammering C over and over

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I used to throw Dopesmoker on my headphones and jam along to it on the piano for hours. I'm sure to anyone listening it just sounded like I was hammering C over and over

Please record that I wanna hear it

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Although it makes no sense I always keep the Jerusalem version with me and listen to it regularly

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
Just happened to check out the St. Vitus newsletter, found out Thou is playing there this Sunday, and a matinee at that so I can actually handle work the next day! $15 tickets as well, so awesome all around.

They're playing with Emma Ruth Rundle. Not really sure the setup, tickets say it's one band though so I assume she'll be singing? Other band is Winkie, who I think pops up at St. Vitus a bit, but not familiar with them either.

Last time I saw Thou was in someone's garage in CT, that was a loving incredible and sweaty experience, so psyched about this.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Slothful Bong posted:

Just happened to check out the St. Vitus newsletter, found out Thou is playing there this Sunday, and a matinee at that so I can actually handle work the next day! $15 tickets as well, so awesome all around.

They're playing with Emma Ruth Rundle. Not really sure the setup, tickets say it's one band though so I assume she'll be singing? Other band is Winkie, who I think pops up at St. Vitus a bit, but not familiar with them either.

Last time I saw Thou was in someone's garage in CT, that was a loving incredible and sweaty experience, so psyched about this.

They played in Chicago with her opening at Subterranean and then the next day they did a collaborative set at Margaritaville. Sounds like you’re getting the latter?

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
"Well hello there sweet little mail lady! Say what? A package for me? Why thank you! Now who in the world do I know in Nashville?!?!"

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Evoken tomorrow. Not super familiar with them but I'm looking forward to it, need to dig more into funeral doom in general

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

"Well hello there sweet little mail lady! Say what? A package for me? Why thank you! Now who in the world do I know in Nashville?!?!"

I really wanna get that but the shipping to Ireland was just insane. So hopefully it goes digital somehow :ninja:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Ingmar terdman posted:

Evoken tomorrow. Not super familiar with them but I'm looking forward to it, need to dig more into funeral doom in general

they are good and iirc they have some pretty weird visuals playing on the screen behind them which amplifies feelings of doom

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I really wanna get that but the shipping to Ireland was just insane.

I really wanted to get it but I don't have a turntable so

hopefully it goes digital somehow :ninja:

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

butros posted:

I really wanted to get it but I don't have a turntable so

e: oh ask and ye shall receive-ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5ZXpVt0V4

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

This is cool as hell

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
let's get weird, fellas
https://www.loudersound.com/features/oranssi-pazuzu-and-dark-buddha-rising-join-forces-for-an-exhilarating-cosmic-rite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
New Electricjezus: Pretty drat good.

Electricjezus - Смех
Two-piece Russian sludge.