Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golgo13
Jul 27, 2018

A Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

It's a healthy addiction... :sludgepal:

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I may have been a lovely parent this weekend

What app are these pics from btw, the parental control app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Golgo13 posted:

What app are these pics from btw, the parental control app?

Yeah that's the parental controls app, it's from my monthly report

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fancy Hat! posted:

Monetizing Gamergaters by playing to their need for uncensored underaged girls in anime games.

Also they’re a lovely unreliable company that tried to screw me out of a game that was never delivered to me.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Fancy Hat! posted:

Monetizing Gamergaters by playing to their need for uncensored underaged girls in anime games.

Is that it? They sell products you don’t like in addition to ones you do?

Edit: didn’t refresh, there’s a legit reason posted now. I haven’t had issues with playasia before so I’m still spending money there.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 1, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok so how did you explain the Al Borland thing to your kid?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok so how did you explain the Al Borland thing to your kid?

Clearly, he's Al Borland in real life.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I dont think so Al

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I just want Animal crossing shirts and No More Heroes jackets IRL.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bushisms.txt posted:

The good thing about joycons is that you can hug someone while still playing

He was the one playing!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Blotto_Otter posted:

I’ve been consistently seeing disdain for Play-Asia lately but I don’t know why. Did they do something in particular?

they're gamergate types, at least the marketing people that run their social media are and use that as a strategy

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

If I recall correctly jp eshop also can take PayPal. The fees on PayPal when I checked a month ago were whatever the yen converts to plus 60 cents if you’re in the us.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It's stupid that the play time is only if you enable parental controls, but oh well...

I am sure like 10 years from now I am going to dig up my original Switch 1 to show my kids what it is and not remember what the loving password is to connect it to the internet or something stupid like that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean, the Switch already tracks generalized playtime. I doubt they figured normal people would have much use for the detailed information.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Dr Leisure Suit posted:

I was thinking about getting a used switch is nintendo doing that hardware ban thing they did with 3ds if so is there a way I can see if one is banned or not?

If the diablo3 season leaderboards are anything to go on, they're not banning switches any more. Don't worry about it

Edit: still loving bitter I wasted 60 bucks on d3 for switch. Useless shite because I'm unwilling to cheat

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Guilty posted:

If the diablo3 season leaderboards are anything to go on, they're not banning switches any more. Don't worry about it

Edit: still loving bitter I wasted 60 bucks on d3 for switch. Useless shite because I'm unwilling to cheat

Up til now I assumed nobody ever even looked at the leaderboards so it's weird to encounter someone being "loving bitter" over a sick-rear end Switch game because of them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Guilty posted:

It's not a competitive game...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Guilty posted:

hey dude I got it for like $12 at walmart on bf and have had a blast and never even looked at the leaderboards, I think you're doin the Switch wrong :thumbsup:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Diablo leader boards are literally reverse real life leader boards

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Nintendo just dropped a bomb with a surprise Direct. Tons of incredible ports coming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpOkr0bTSwQ

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have bought D3 3 times :negative:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Nintendo just dropped a bomb with a surprise Direct. Tons of incredible ports coming:

I got so excited for three seconds

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Dungeons & Brazzers is shaping up to be a real banger on the Switch.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

The real April Fools prank is linking to an IGN video, forcing my YT feed to now suggest more IGN content.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BisterdDave posted:

The real April Fools prank is linking to an IGN video, forcing my YT feed to now suggest more IGN content.

go to your watch history and click the X

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bottom Liner posted:

go to your watch history and click the X

Not all heroes something something

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Fallom posted:

Up til now I assumed nobody ever even looked at the leaderboards so it's weird to encounter someone being "loving bitter" over a sick-rear end Switch game because of them

Yeah, I played a lot of PC and was always top of leaderboards, still officer in the currently rank three clan in the world, so I was competitive about d3. But the amount of hackers on the switch has completely ruined the fun of the game for every competitive PC player.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Good.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
It's cool that people have their own interests, but I have never been able to understand the concept of competitive rng loot gathering.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Nasgate posted:

It's cool that people have their own interests, but I have never been able to understand the concept of competitive rng loot gathering.

Yeah, really. I understand being competitive in a game that's, y’know, competitive (Smash, Rocket League, etc...) but Diablo 3?

:psyduck:

Leaderboards are truly garbage when you use them beyond comparing to friends. And even then, at best, they're quite pointless.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Randomly clicked around and saw the OoT "remaster." Even in their wildest imaginations, nerds want the same boring loving poo poo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, really. I understand being competitive in a game that's, y’know, competitive (Smash, Rocket League, etc...) but Diablo 3?

Leaderboards are truly garbage when you use them beyond comparing to friends. And even then, at best, they're quite pointless.

The best leaderboards are for less popular niche games, so you end up higher on the list due to fewer players. :q:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

Randomly clicked around and saw the OoT "remaster." Even in their wildest imaginations, nerds want the same boring loving poo poo.

well in order to be an effective prank it has to start with something remotely plausible

that being said it still was not a particularly effective prank

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Mister Facetious posted:

The best leaderboards are for less popular niche games, so you end up higher on the list due to fewer players. :q:

The best leaderboards have the client directly connect and write to the database, and when this is pointed out to the devs, they repeatedly insist "it's fine! trust me!" as they slowly shrink and turn into a corn cob

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's no different than speed running and yet speed running is a multi-million dollar fund raising Industry in itself. It's probably not for most of the posters in this thread, but it's fun to a lot of people, and that's what d3 is essentially about. The fact that both Nintendo and blizzard just let's hackers run rampant really sucked the fun and interest out of the game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Guilty posted:

It's no different than speed running and yet speed running is a multi-million dollar fund raising Industry in itself
One requires skill though.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I own 58 games for Switch but all I want to play is Car Quest

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Finally, the one thing I want for the Switch: Everything.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Online leaderboards are dumb and that’s why I’ve gone out of my way to make sure I never appear on any :smuggo:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

mdemone posted:

Anybody else have issues with their dock, where it takes a few times of docking/undocking the Switch before the HDMI "recognizes" and sends the signal to the TV?

It's not the HDMI cable or the TV, as best I can tell. Maybe it doesn't always get seated correctly in the dock and the video signal can't connect.
It’s fine on my TV but I’ve seen it on a some of my friends’ TVs. Probably just something dumb with how some TVs handle no input and how the Switch dock...switches. If you have some other TV to test on you could see if it’s the dock itself, unless it’s also dumb with the Switch in the same way. And I guess look at the Switch’s screen when you dock, it should turn off. If that’s not happening then yeah something is up with the Switch and/or dock itself.

Otherwise could try messing with HDMI CEC settings on the TV and Switch and see if that helps, I think “match power state” on the Switch settings, might be under some branded name on the TV like “Anynet” or some control sync sounding thing. This does auto powering/switching so could get annoying if it’s not exactly what you want though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Totally bought that video up until Wand of Gamelon because honest to loving God why would you NOT port all the Zeldas