Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Agreed, whoever said Bulldog sucks :getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bulldog being a great lay transformed the character for me from someone I openly detested to maybe a guy I was rooting for. Like if he makes the ladies happy, he can’t be all bad, right?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

Bulldog being a great lay transformed the character for me from someone I openly detested to maybe a guy I was rooting for. Like if he makes the ladies happy, he can’t be all bad, right?

It's not rape if she enjoys it?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Blows my mind that Dan Butler is gay irl. Dude can act.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Think of all the straight actors missing out on roles due to the powerful gay Hollywood cabal and their nefarious machinations

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Agreed, whoever said Bulldog sucks :getout:

:yeah:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That show makes me miss the Supersonics

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Farrier Theaks posted:

Blows my mind that Dan Butler is gay irl. Dude can act.

I love his bit in Silence of the Lambs.

"Somebody loved him..."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man but no one in cheers has any understanding on the concepts of unhealthy relationships or taking steps to move on and heal

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

Man but no one in cheers has any understanding on the concepts of unhealthy relationships or taking steps to move on and heal

Yeah it’s a show about America in the 80’s, what are you expecting?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Where's the Frasier thread? I left it right here.

THIS STINKS!

THIS IS TOTAL B.S.!

I'M GONNA' oh, here it is.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

food court bailiff posted:

then it gets dark

I just rewatched the ep and oh yeah it goes from 0 to Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? real quick. It's a really good one for a later season.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/ellardent/status/1111631795957706754?s=21

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:aaa:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jesus the episode where Sam proposes and Diane rejects him, holy hell these people are profoundly sick

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Who was the main target demographic of this show in its hey day? Like specific demographic.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

I would love to see a non-canonical episode where Frasier pressures Niles into doing a homoerotic murder and they have to hide it from Martin

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Who was the main target demographic of this show in its hey day? Like specific demographic.

White yuppies

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

The exact same demographic almost all network television targets:

Traxis posted:

White yuppies

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Though I actually liked Frasier as a kid when most live action TV bored me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The next time you watch cheers pay attention to how many times Sam clicks his tongue before he begins talking
You can’t unhear it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Calaveron posted:

The next time you watch cheers pay attention to how many times Sam clicks his tongue before he begins talking
You can’t unhear it

poo poo, this is gonna be like that time I started hearing the singer from Muse inhaling like he's drowning

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

poo poo, this is gonna be like that time I started hearing the singer from Muse inhaling like he's drowning

data also does this all the goddamned time in tng

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Someone will probably know better than I, but I'm not sure if the networks were really aiming for specific demographics back when Cheers started.

I mean it's definitely not meant to appeal to kids but I don't know if they were laser-focused on specific age ranges back then.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

data also does this all the goddamned time in tng

Ah poo poo, you're right! It's like a catfish with a vacuum inside when he opens his mouth.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
data actually filter feeds on airborne microorganisms

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Someone will probably know better than I, but I'm not sure if the networks were really aiming for specific demographics back when Cheers started.

I mean it's definitely not meant to appeal to kids but I don't know if they were laser-focused on specific age ranges back then.

Right, in the '80s the TV landscape was still basically the big three networks competing for eyeballs. Cable/home video competition didn't really start to factor significantly until very late 80s-early 90s. Even then Cheers still crushed in the ratings.

I was a kid then and definitely watched and loved Cheers. I liked Coach (then Woody after he died :( ), Cliff, Norm, and Carla the most. The show was smack in the middle of NBC's family oriented Thursday lineup. Cosby, Family Ties, Cheers, and Night Court. An absolute juggernaut right there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sometimes I feel bad that my niece and nephew aren't going to get to experience the joy of Must See TV. Although I don't think it was called that during the Cosby, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court run.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm sad my awkward juvenile daughter won't get excited for TGIF after dinner.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

He either clicks his tongue or just smacks his mouth and it’s driving me nuts now that I’ve noticed it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You know, cheers is a funny show. The cast expertly does its job of being funny and good, but goddamn Frasier just elevates the series to a whole different level. He is hilarious and his serious moments like him and Lilith breaking up are done expertly

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Shelley Long gets a ton of poo poo but she was easily one of the best actors on the show. Her range was loving huge.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Cosmik Slop posted:

Shelley Long gets a ton of poo poo but she was easily one of the best actors on the show. Her range was loving huge.

Oh absolutely. She completely sells Diane as being a horrible beast and also someone who is just confused and scared of being alone and also just a weirdo pretentious with a good heart

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Cosmik Slop posted:

When I was younger I had a bit of a crush on her, so I was actually upset when she left the show.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

When I was younger I had a bit of a crush on her, so I was actually upset when she left the show.

I'm sure the people who were running the show poo poo their pants as well

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I'm sure the people who were running the show poo poo their pants as well

https://youtu.be/AztWRZb6XD0t=2m33s

Rascar Capac fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 7, 2019

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

404 not found

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Should work now.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

We'd get a pizza and watch Cheers sometimes, it was literally the only sitcom my dad could tolerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

One thing I liked about Frasier, is how they contrasted the characters of the absent wives that never appeared on screen.

Vera: Norms wife was fat, affectionate, and neglected by a husband that ultimately loved her deep down.
Maris: Niles' wife was absurdly thin, cold, and doted on by a husband who deep down didn't even like her.