Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Hamilton wants to take Schumachers crown before he retires. Either he’ll keep going until he does or he gets bumped out of a top team

Mercedes is extremely happy with how they are performing in F1 and seemingly extremely happy with Lewis as a driver. I absolutely see Schumachers records falling to the pairing before Lewis retires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

EoRaptor posted:

Mercedes is extremely happy with how they are performing in F1 and seemingly extremely happy with Lewis as a driver. I absolutely see Schumachers records falling to the pairing before Lewis retires.

I imagine Mercedes want it almost as much as Hamilton.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gonzo wasn’t wrong with what he said though.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lewis will beat Schumacher’s record with whatever team can give him that, then move to Ferrari because why not, before retiring.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

Gonzo wasn’t wrong with what he said though.

John Oliver sucks rear end, free Gonzo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Big Huski Boi posted:

John Oliver sucks rear end, free Gonzo

I wouldn’t even say he sucks but there’s a definite causal link between the left being able to successfully put out their viewpoint without counter commentary for several years and the right becoming increasingly frustrated and reacting to that.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

1500quidpoocati posted:

I wouldn’t even say he sucks but there’s a definite causal link between the left being able to successfully put out their viewpoint without counter commentary for several years and the right becoming increasingly frustrated and reacting to that.

:allears:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Not to make this about politics but this poo poo is what increasingly frustrates me about the left. God forbid we have any loving analysis or insight into why the other side is more successful. They’re wrong from a political viewpoint so we can’t even look at anything they do.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm very much tired of the boy who cried Drumpf preaching to the choir while pretending to make a difference

1500quidpoocati posted:

Not to make this about politics but this poo poo is what increasingly frustrates me about the left. God forbid we have any loving analysis or insight into why the other side is more successful. They’re wrong from a political viewpoint so we can’t even look at anything they do.

Yes because everyone running the Democratic Party thinks the West Wing is a documentary

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Oh no

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Big Huski Boi posted:

I'm very much tired of the boy who cried Drumpf preaching to the choir while pretending to make a difference

This is exactly the issue. Maybe, just maybe if the left actually debated and engaged with the right to defend their ideas and policies instead of screaming inside of an echo chamber they would be able to actually explain why the things they want are good for everyone when it came time for an actual election.

Oh wait, the right is the one that does that and they’re the ones who said they were going to bring jobs back through their policy in a way everyone believed and the left sat their pissing their pants about identity politics because it speaks to their base. This is why income inequality continues to grow and we can’t enforce incremental improvements in environmental regulations.

Please quote and :allears: this so you can feel smug about your viewpoints on the right being validated while continuing to talk about how bad things are getting to all your leftist friends. tia.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
John Oliver sucks rear end and the Democratic Party are the most incompetent shitlords imaginable.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This really is the worst thread

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Democratic Party thought it was a good idea to run Hilary Clinton as a candidate.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

John Oliver has won fewer races than noted race winner Olivier Panis and that's all anyone needs to know on the matter

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidpoocati posted:

This is exactly the issue. Maybe, just maybe if the left actually debated and engaged with the right to defend their ideas and policies instead of screaming inside of an echo chamber they would be able to actually explain why the things they want are good for everyone when it came time for an actual election.

Oh wait, the right is the one that does that and they’re the ones who said they were going to bring jobs back through their policy in a way everyone believed and the left sat their pissing their pants about identity politics because it speaks to their base. This is why income inequality continues to grow and we can’t enforce incremental improvements in environmental regulations.

Please quote and :allears: this so you can feel smug about your viewpoints on the right being validated while continuing to talk about how bad things are getting to all your leftist friends. tia.

Yeah, this? Don’t do this. Not cool.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
We’ve retired political posts in the F1 thread.

Mods????

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Thanks Ants posted:

Lewis will beat Schumacher’s record with whatever team can give him that, then move to Ferrari because why not, before retiring.

I think all the greats want to drive for Ferrari.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I feel dirty for saying this but Bahrain actually does produce good races.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

1500quidpoocati posted:

lolberta. :allears:

If you want an actual answer, it's because the right simplifies problems down to us vs them, plays identity politics, and specifically doesn't engage in debate.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

I feel dirty for saying this but Bahrain actually does produce good races.

It's one of the very few examples of Tilke's various design features actually working the way he expects them to

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Shut the gently caress up stroll driver of the day

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Stroll for Prime Minister, IMO

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Found a documentary called "Williams" on Netflix

watching now

wish me luck

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Powershift posted:

Found a documentary called "Williams" on Netflix

watching now

wish me luck

Godspeed on your journey. We'll miss you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just bough $120 worth of Spark plugs, pls hire me Ferrari.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Godspeed on your journey. We'll miss you.

I literally lol'd when claire said it was sad that she was sad her mom died before she could see williams "turn the team around" after Bottas got a few podiums in 2014. because the team doing poorly before that was making her sad.

What i've learned so far: Frank Williams is a binman, his wife is a binwoman, they got together and made a bindaughter who's ruining a binteam.

kick them out of F1

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 2, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

1500quidpoocati posted:

Just bough $120 worth of Spark plugs, pls hire me Ferrari.

How many

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

:hmmyes:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just chiming in to say I managed to watch the replay of the race, after seeing the results.

Disappointed that Sainz crashed with Max. loving laughed my rear end off at Vettel's dumb rear end spin and even more so when his front wing exploded.

Felt a twinge of sadness at Lecler but then remembered he drives for Ferrari, so that passed quick.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

This really is the worst thread

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Those are some expensive spark plugs, I buy the $2.95 ones and I get them at wholesale price. You know used ones often work fine too.

Also
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-6873419/Lewis-Hamilton-backs-Sebastian-Vettel-respond-latest-mistake.html

quote:

'Sebastian is a true world champion': Lewis Hamilton backs rival Vettel
Pretty amazing guy Lewis is, he always has something positive to say. Beginning to think he may really be blessed and also may still be rising.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Those are some expensive spark plugs, I buy the $2.95 ones and I get them at wholesale price. You know used ones often work fine too.

I’m super paranoid about leaning out the two stroke and the plugs are specified by the regulations.

They’re $40 a piece through the kart shop FYI.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Someone update the #forzaferrari video with Vettel’s spin and front wing blowing up.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I can't think of a single German driver who wasn't a fraud. Ban Germany.

EDIT: Come to think of it. Every single engine manufacturer on grid comes from a country that has only had fraudulent drivers. Germans, French and Japanese all bad. Weird.

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 2, 2019

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

BubbaGrace posted:

I can't think of a single German driver who wasn't a fraud. Ban Germany.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wolfgang von Trips motherfucker

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
I wished for Vettel to be cursed during the Vettelreich years at Red Bull, but not once did it'd go as far to mean driving for Ferrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhopunzel posted:

I wished for Vettel to be cursed during the Vettelreich years at Red Bull, but not once did it'd go as far to mean driving for Ferrari

could you imagine having to say "mahk wibbah f1 world drivers champion" though?