Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Actually it’s not I’m just a moron.

Edit: triple post. Whoops sorry lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I like the Sanitater medic helmet that came with the deluxe edition.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

It's great for helping enemy snipers know where to aim. :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Psn is monostat7 if anyone wants to play. Fair warning, I suck.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

playin firestorm rn psn:babeitskiy

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

playin firestorm rn psn:babeitskiy

Sweet. I think we are already PSN buds. I'll be on shortly if your still around.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Krankenwagen n I (dog_nougat) are lookin for 2 more

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

veni veni veni posted:

Man we all suck except for streyr friend gunshow_poophole and we'll get it on this week maybe

Goddamn that's a good handle lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Prob will be on tonight for some shooting mans and crushing cans (of beer)

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Prob will be on tonight for some shooting mans and crushing cans (of beer)

:same:

(On the former)

Edit: can whomever is in charge of the butt clan let me in so I feel included in the cool kids club?

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 2, 2019

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

dog nougat posted:

:same:

(On the former)

Edit: can whomever is in charge of the butt clan let me in so I feel included in the cool kids club?

Same and anyone looking for games on ps4 add waroduce

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Firestorm rules. It's so nice looking, the map is great and I like that its not all wacky dance party poo poo like most BR. great atmosphere.

I'm so bad at ranged combat though lol. Especially with the dire lack of scopes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Good games guys! Getting a win and few other high placements after I killed all of us with the chopper was nice.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

veni veni veni posted:

Firestorm rules. It's so nice looking, the map is great and I like that its not all wacky dance party poo poo like most BR. great atmosphere.

I'm so bad at ranged combat though lol. Especially with the dire lack of scopes.

Yeah, can you actually find proper sniper rifles in firestorm? I've certainly not noticed any.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah, can you actually find proper sniper rifles in firestorm? I've certainly not noticed any.

I have found multiple purple snipers and none of them have had scopes. I have no idea though. It's kind of my least favorite thing about it. just running around with iron sights almost all of the time.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

All the level 3 snipers I had today had 3x scopes, so they're out there

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
love the gunplay and even the woeful looting system can't mar how god drat enjoyable the gameplay is

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing that appealed to me about PUBG in the first place was the sense of "we are going on an adventure and we have no idea how it will pan out". I think most BR games have kind of strayed away from that in favor of just making things as arcadey as possible. Firestorm really kind of gets back to that, while looking beautiful and playing well. I felt like every match I've played so far has created it's own little narrative and it just feels really immersive.

The looting is really the worst though. And I hate the tiered guns and just want to be able to get attachments. it really drags it down. Also, they need to take care of the 5 minute wait in between games, but it's Dice so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I want to give a big thanks to every pilot that picks the ‘enhanced passenger machine guns’ spec for the bombers. It’s a blast firing those as the rear gunner. And i’m awful at flying so riding along in 2/3 seater planes is how i’ve been getting plane xp

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Ok am I being an entire dumbass here but where is the spawn ticket counter for attackers on breakthrough grand operations. It's very frustrating not knowing how close to defeat/victory you are.

I think this is probably overall a little better gameplay than bf1 but there are some peculiar design choices littered about. I think I prefer the operations in 1 by a good margin.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
A patch broke the ticket counter, again.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 2, 2019

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
If anyone wants to firestorm tonight, I’ll be on. Add me PS4 - Nottherealaborn

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looking for 2 players if anyone is down.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
From the posts here it seems firestorm is actually fun. If anyone is on later tonight hit me up. PSN Warugado

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

WALLGOD posted:

From the posts here it seems firestorm is actually fun. If anyone is on later tonight hit me up. PSN Warugado

Ya it's good. Looting system is the only not great thing and they're fixing that.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ya it's good. Looting system is the only not great thing and they're fixing that.

Have they said how they plan on structuring it?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nottherealaborn posted:

Have they said how they plan on structuring it?

Balls first, then dick.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Can confirm Firestorm was fun! Good games ghost / steyr / spider

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Did they do something to way planes handle? Even my fully upgraded spitfire feels bad. I have been playing a lot of Ace Combat lately tho

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Julius CSAR posted:

Did they do something to way planes handle? Even my fully upgraded spitfire feels bad. I have been playing a lot of Ace Combat lately tho

Yes they changed the flight mechanics a couple of weeks ago.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'm gonna hop on and shoot some mans

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

*deleted bad hot take*

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
good games tonight y'all sorry i hopped a bit late

basketball games with fewer points than I had kills tonight, yeesh

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
They're trying to fund the live service with micro transactions but they're still rotating a few items each week?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Do any of my old BF3 buddies still play on the Bone?

(OldCaptainLog on Xbox)

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Captain Log posted:

Do any of my old BF3 buddies still play on the Bone?

(OldCaptainLog on Xbox)

Look me up @ CASTLE BR4V0, I'm usually on pretty late though.

Boy uh... didn't realize that they had added call-in artillery strikes. Goddamn that was unnerving being underneath that the first time. The smoke strike is a huge blessing.

So I know this isn't really the thread for it, but are any xboners gonna be playing World of Warships when it releases this month? I'm probably going to sink (heheh) a ton of time into it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I play a couple times a week on Xbox and I’ll play more if it means bigger squads. Gt same as here.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

The only time I squadded up I was with three very young sounding "on base" Marines talking in full on "God only knows what" speak.

"Hoo ah boy oh boy got a Tango Foxtrot on your six drop some atty on 'em over and out heading 246er." :stare:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Made it to 3rd place in firestorm on my 3rd try. It’s better than fort nite, but that’s a low bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Captain Log posted:

The only time I squadded up I was with three very young sounding "on base" Marines talking in full on "God only knows what" speak.

"Hoo ah boy oh boy got a Tango Foxtrot on your six drop some atty on 'em over and out heading 246er." :stare:

I used to play BF1 with a former Army marksman (his platoon leader at one point had been Robert Bales :stare:) and he would send me forward on the map and he would sit back on a field gun firing at max range and I would talk him on to the targets. It was actually pretty cool.