Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Violator posted:

The real question is how many grabs over nine years?

Way less than most of this thread, I'm guessing: 1600ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I looked at mine, over 3300 days logged and over 6600 grabs. :911:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Violator posted:

The real question is how many grabs over nine years?

Like i said, it's the only indexer i use.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

hmm

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
This one is worth your $10 https://nzbs.org/forumpost/13410

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

This one you can pay via PayPal instead of stupid math currency https://nzbs.org/forumpost/13470

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I’m the same as you guys, between 9 and 10 years with 32k grabs.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Grabs Total: 20085

It's a very sad day.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
God drat am I gonna miss .org

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
who should i give me $10 to, ds or omg? vote now or forever hold your peace

where's the free indexers at ;( ;( ;(

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I'm amateur hour, but I never automated anything:
Grabs Total: 5888

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 2, 2019

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I was never able to get an account on .org so I've been using nzb.su dognzb.cr (I don't recommend them much anymore because they reverted lifetime subscriptions) nzb.cat and nzbnoob.com. I also have spotweb running still on a VM but it's not very good for automated searches, mostly for manual stuff. It often indexes stuff subbed for the netherlands that I don't see on other providers but it's kinda janky.

edit: the last time this happened some goons were going to set up a server but like most great goon projects I don't think anything came of it.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

3159.1 days
20778 grabs

Not bad :)

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
3416.4 days
6739 grabs

Puts me on top for oldest, and among the least used!

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Anyone else didn't get into nzbs.org in time? Largely because I didn't really get started on Usenet until about 7 years ago. Never really tried either.

Shame nevertheless, .org was the promised land.

Rooted Vegetable fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 2, 2019

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Feb 14, 2010 (3333.8 days ago)

Grabs Total: 11148

Not bad. I'll miss you org. You were my first usenet site.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
3332 days, 28666 grabs

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

33,330 grabs since April 2010.

I win the mega prize, I'm sure.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Well now I have 6 indexers in sonarr/radarr, although .org is definitely nicer to use than all of them.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Nitr0 posted:

who should i give me $10 to, ds or omg? vote now or forever hold your peace

where's the free indexers at ;( ;( ;(

ds i'd say

you can still try ds free, you get 100 api hits and 5 downloads/day on the free tier.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

bobfather posted:

3416.4 days
6739 grabs

Puts me on top for oldest, and among the least used!
Pfft.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Laserface posted:

Well now I have 6 indexers in sonarr/radarr, although .org is definitely nicer to use than all of them.
Once you have more than 2-3 indexers in more than one application I recommend setting up NZBHydra2. Basically what it does is emulates the Newznab API and acts as a proxy, so you set up your indexers in Hydra and then point Sonarr/Radarr/etc at it, then you only have one place to manage everything. You can prioritize indexers and it'll automatically handle throttling requests for sites with API limits.

It also gives you a single central search interface that hits all the connected indexers and shows your stats. There's multi-user functionality as well, no idea how that works though but if you share any usenet/indexer accounts with friends that might be useful.

edit: Fixed link to current version.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 2, 2019

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

wolrah posted:

Once you have more than 2-3 indexers in more than one application I recommend setting up NZBHydra. Basically what it does is emulates the Newznab API and acts as a proxy, so you set up your indexers in Hydra and then point Sonarr/Radarr/etc at it, then you only have one place to manage everything. You can prioritize indexers and it'll automatically handle throttling requests for sites with API limits.

It also gives you a single central search interface that hits all the connected indexers and shows your stats. There's multi-user functionality as well, no idea how that works though but if you share any usenet/indexer accounts with friends that might be useful.

Newer version:
https://github.com/theotherp/nzbhydra2

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hydra2 is so great that I probably wouldn't have noticed nzbs.org's departure outside of reading this thread. Already got new accounts setup on it since all it really needs is API keys and it's good to go.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

wolrah posted:

Once you have more than 2-3 indexers in more than one application I recommend setting up NZBHydra2. Basically what it does is emulates the Newznab API and acts as a proxy, so you set up your indexers in Hydra and then point Sonarr/Radarr/etc at it, then you only have one place to manage everything. You can prioritize indexers and it'll automatically handle throttling requests for sites with API limits.

edit: Fixed link to current version.

I started doing this a while back, another handy thing you can do with it is strip tags/text that Sonarr/Radarr won't/haven't gotten around to yet, like postbot took forever for one of them to strip. They mentioned they weren't going to keep adding new ones too, so there's that.

There's also some prolific reposters that add their own tag after the release, though they keep altering their name (rakuvxxxx). Annoying cause I have to look through the history to see what release it actually is.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Been a great run with nzbs.org over the past decade, and it figures the shut down notice comes on the same day I finally got around to setting up Sonarr/Radarr on my server. I ended up paying for a lifetime membership at nzbgeek and am using ds, omg and 6box as backups. Is blocknews.net still the preferred block provider? I need to finally get a backup for supernews set up.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

33,330 grabs since April 2010.

I win the mega prize, I'm sure.

March 2010 and 52,626

If you guys want one that takes paypal I just signed up for this one and seems decent from a few quick searches.

https://nzbs.org/forumpost/14114

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So what is the criteria for a good indexer with you guys? I'm kinda new still so if a indexer has what i want and doesn't go down a lot it basically ends there with me, but some of you seem to be extremely picky. Figured maybe there is something to learn here that i don't know about yet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Think this is my way forward, thanks.

Dongattack posted:

So what is the criteria for a good indexer with you guys? I'm kinda new still so if a indexer has what i want and doesn't go down a lot it basically ends there with me, but some of you seem to be extremely picky. Figured maybe there is something to learn here that i don't know about yet.

Retention, speed, good amount of group %ages, reliability, no dickheads running the show. If you an indexer that seems to be doing everything you need, then no reason to worry but it's always good to have an account or two elsewhere (even if just free ones) just so you have something to roll back to if things fall down. Nobody really saw .org dying with a few weeks notice after being mostly solid for 10 years.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I think most people who have strong preferences for whatever indexer, are also the people who spend a lot of time at the actual indexer site. Maybe?

I go to indexer sites only when I sign up for them or if something is hosed up. Otherwise I use binsearch or hydra for weird searches.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Thankful for cat, but will likely donate to the one that accepts PayPal (without the sketchy "email me your information" option).

I just set up nzbhydra on my Synology (don't want to do the effort of installing 2 on my Synology right now), and it does look as though some indexers provide more or fewer unique results on a given search. It's unclear that makes a difference on finding what you're looking for, but it does look like it makes sense to have a couple in your back pocket.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
To be honest, I think most of my grabs have been coming from indexers other than .org for th last year or so. I'd have to check my history in Sonarr. But it'll be sad to see it go, I've had my account for 9 years with 8900 grabs. I've signed up on a handful of the other indexers, so I'll have to try out Hydra2 and consolidate things down.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

The Modern Leper posted:

Thankful for cat, but will likely donate to the one that accepts PayPal (without the sketchy "email me your information" option).

I just set up nzbhydra on my Synology (don't want to do the effort of installing 2 on my Synology right now), and it does look as though some indexers provide more or fewer unique results on a given search. It's unclear that makes a difference on finding what you're looking for, but it does look like it makes sense to have a couple in your back pocket.

I'm on cat as well. Most of mine come from nzbplanet right now. My free Slug account does some lifting too but far far less than planet.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

During the sudden necessity to spring clean configs, I’ve noticed I’m getting a fair few failed downloads.

I’m currently just using supernews, does anyone have any suggestions for a block provider that might fill in those empty spaces?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Horse Clocks posted:

During the sudden necessity to spring clean configs, I’ve noticed I’m getting a fair few failed downloads.

I’m currently just using supernews, does anyone have any suggestions for a block provider that might fill in those empty spaces?

Blocknews should fit the bill. On Highwinds I believe, opposite of Giganews that Supernews uses.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Blocknews should fit the bill. On Highwinds I believe, opposite of Giganews that Supernews uses.

Oh sweet, looked like I had an account with them anyway with a few GB left.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

EL BROMANCE posted:

no dickheads running the show.

Basically this.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Supernews has been weirdly dropping articles in the last few days.

Thinking about switching to ninja when my monthly cycle ends...anyone using them and have any issues?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

zer0spunk posted:

Supernews has been weirdly dropping articles in the last few days.

Thinking about switching to ninja when my monthly cycle ends...anyone using them and have any issues?

I signed up to Ninja a little while ago, after using Giganews since like 2001. Also got a friend to signup, since we were sharing the Giga account and things got a bit fucky. He signed up near the end of March, and this code was still valid:

sedative posted:

NewsgroupDirect at $3.99 a month and Newsgroup Ninja at $40 a year ($3.33 a month) are both a little cheaper than Fast Usenet and they're on the same backbone.

Pretty happy with the speeds, basically maxed out my Fibre :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I don't see how usenet can survive with its lackluster anime selection.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 7, 2019