Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redm

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

What's it made of? Ground up Korg keyboards?

lmao, its like plastic or something. I came to the conclusion that in my several years of fishing, I've never been comfortable with baiting a hook with a live worm and on a whim I mentioned that to a complete stranger that was parked next to me as I was getting ready to leave. He rummaged around in his car for a moment and then tossed a bag of fake bait at me and gave me advice on how he would fish with it, so I tried it out and it worked almost instantly. Today was pretty good. :love:

sig by Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

I read more Treasure Island today so yeah, a decent day.

alnilam

the novelization of Muppet Treasure Island is surprisingly good, this Stevenson guy is talented

BoldFrankensteinMir

My man RL is the cat's pyjamas with a Y even. If I can ever get caught up enough, the book I want to read together in BYOB is A Child's Garden of Verse.

alnilam

pop quiz, complete the famous author's name:
R. L. Ste_____

FlaxAxis

sup #entitlitos
gousebups

vanisher = sig champ

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

R. L. Ste_____

"Beer mug"

FlaxAxis

sup #entitlitos
count me in on the "feeling pretty okay even though things have sucked pretty bad lately" squad
first night I've really relaxed since I moved out of that stress house, listening to that first Gorillaz album
feeling mad wistful and remembering the childlike feeling of actually really enjoying something novel in a pure way and that being enough
looking forward to driving to a state where the legal weed doesn't cost as much as prohibition weed

vanisher = sig champ

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

alnilam posted:

R. L. Ste_____

Please be steely dan

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

redm posted:

Just tried synthetic bait for the very first time. Almost caught a giant catfish, but it got away. :rowdytrout:
I hear if you're trying to catch a catfish you should pretend to be a lady catfish.

vanisher

alnilam posted:

R. L. Ste_____

R.L. Steve

xcheopis

R.L. Stone

Farecoal

There he go

redm posted:

lmao, its like plastic or something. I came to the conclusion that in my several years of fishing, I've never been comfortable with baiting a hook with a live worm and on a whim I mentioned that to a complete stranger that was parked next to me as I was getting ready to leave. He rummaged around in his car for a moment and then tossed a bag of fake bait at me and gave me advice on how he would fish with it, so I tried it out and it worked almost instantly.

:3:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

RL Stemp

Goons Are Gifts

Stew

Goons Are Gifts

Steool??

Stoner Sloth

Hello BYOB... just bought an account to try and help Lowtax by the measly amount I can. Also figured I'd have a laugh that I just got paid 70 dollars (Australian) to get stoned and comment about new "scary" drug ads for market research. It was pretty funny since most of the other people they paid were stoners too and seemed like cool and chill peoples. Anyway... hi?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

Hello BYOB... just bought an account to try and help Lowtax by the measly amount I can. Also figured I'd have a laugh that I just got paid 70 dollars (Australian) to get stoned and comment about new "scary" drug ads for market research. It was pretty funny since most of the other people they paid were stoners too and seemed like cool and chill peoples. Anyway... hi?

Hello!

I've never been paid for w33d so you're ahead of me on that front!

Thank you for joining us here!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Stoner Sloth

Cheers mate, figured this'd be the best place to start a postin' cause you all seem chill and tell some bloody funny jokes. Also the study was hilarious because by the end of it the non-stoners, including the guy moderating, were more in agreement with us that weed should be legalized than with any of the sillier 'Reefer Madness'-esque ads proposed... think we settled with 'if you're getting stoned, maybe stay over at your friends house rather than drive' was the only decent one. Also some featured hilariously random images - like implying that being stoned meant your headphones instantly became tangled and you wouldn't be able to do your jacket zipper up properly.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Wow hey who said weeeeeeeeeeeeeed?

Stoner Sloth

To be fair they did balance it out with a picture of an empty bowl of potato chips.

e: Speaking of which, hello Munchables!

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 2, 2019

Goons Are Gifts

Welcome welcome welcome new guy! Tell me, was it the banner ad that convinced you?
Also, do you have any food, pets and crimes you'd like to share with us?

Goons Are Gifts

You should def post in fluffie's av thread and get yourself an av and also plat and also archive and basically what I'm saying is give Lowtax more money

Goons Are Gifts

(doing so does not count as a minor crime, but as a byob success story)

Stoner Sloth

Well crimes I dunno about, that's for a judge to decide, but I have a bit of a pet story - my brother's dog had a lump that we were worried was cancer for a couple of weeks (he's twenty and the most awesome big fat party animal of a staffordshire <british> ever). Turns out it was just a minor infection that he got from a bite from an Aussie bulldog that he kept trying to hump despite her being twice his size and him having an anti-testosterone implant (prostate, getting old is a bitch) and also being bloody twenty. Mostly am just really happy that he's okay cause he's a funny little bugger who used to knock over peoples drinks, eat rotten fruit to get drunk and munch down on weed stems despite all efforts to stop him. Cheers for the advice about the avs tho too - I'll try to get one soon cause I'd like to give what I can to the cause! I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow of the old fellow (not a particularly disappointing euphemism in this case) if folks are interested.

xcheopis

Always interested in pics of pets!

Goons Are Gifts

xcheopis posted:

Always interested in pics of pets!

Jaded Burnout

What's it made of? Ground up Korg keyboards?

:boom:

Stoner Sloth posted:

Well crimes I dunno about, that's for a judge to decide, but I have a bit of a pet story - my brother's dog had a lump that we were worried was cancer for a couple of weeks (he's twenty and the most awesome big fat party animal of a staffordshire <british> ever). Turns out it was just a minor infection that he got from a bite from an Aussie bulldog that he kept trying to hump despite her being twice his size and him having an anti-testosterone implant (prostate, getting old is a bitch) and also being bloody twenty. Mostly am just really happy that he's okay cause he's a funny little bugger who used to knock over peoples drinks, eat rotten fruit to get drunk and munch down on weed stems despite all efforts to stop him. Cheers for the advice about the avs tho too - I'll try to get one soon cause I'd like to give what I can to the cause! I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow of the old fellow (not a particularly disappointing euphemism in this case) if folks are interested.

I'm sat here letting this wave of commonwealth chatter wash over me and it's soothing, let me tell you. Welcome!

City of Glompton

hello & welcome stoner sloth :)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

hello & welcome stoner sloth :)

alnilam

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sig by owlhawk911

Goons Are Gifts

& chat

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stoner Sloth posted:

Welcome!!! ALSO POST THE EXTREMELY GOOD DOG PLS

Goons Are Gifts

hamjobs posted:

Welcome!!! ALSO POST THE EXTREMELY GOOD DOG PLS

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Someone come tell my neighbors to stop laying on their car horn in my loving driveway; my dad is sleeping. Finally.

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Ugh I hate those horn blasting cunts. Its 2019, you have a loving phone, text the person. Failing that get out of your loving car and get them you loving lazy asswipe. These people should have been aborted.

Can you tell I have a neighbor that pulls this poo poo?

E: It's actually probably someone picking up my neighbor. Almost certainly one of the teenagers across the street. loving teenagers. ... gently caress I'm getting old.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 2, 2019

BoldFrankensteinMir

I don't know why we ever had car horns, has a honking horn ever prevented an accident? If a driver honks at a pedestrian it's usually just the driver being an impatient prick. Oh no you had to stop for thirty seconds or, god forbid, interact with the world. No, you'd rather mash on the waaaah button like a toddler at a Playmobil panel, good job.

It's kind of like those back-up beepers on trucks and construction equipment, everybody just comes to hatefully ignore them so are they really very useful as danger indicators?

Manifisto

I don't know why we ever had car horns, has a honking horn ever prevented an accident? If a driver honks at a pedestrian it's usually just the driver being an impatient prick. Oh no you had to stop for thirty seconds or, god forbid, interact with the world. No, you'd rather mash on the waaaah button like a toddler at a Playmobil panel, good job.

It's kind of like those back-up beepers on trucks and construction equipment, everybody just comes to hatefully ignore them so are they really very useful as danger indicators?

well if someone is merging right into you on the highway in heavy traffic you may not have another option. blind spots are a thing.

but I agree about horns in general, they are almost never necessary and they annoy those around them

I once had an idea that horns should yell something personal and embarrassing about the driver so they wouldn't be used except in true emergencies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Sometimes left turn lights are short with a long wait and some moron with their phone out isn't looking and threatens to screw over everyone behind them. That's what a horn is for: to say "hey rear end in a top hat, [the light's green/don't hit me/my light's green but your stupid self-centered brain said go ahead turn on red]!"