Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

signalnoise posted:

Sure, but as noted in the video I posted, enemies that attack like that can be killed with parries alone.

listen man, i'm getting old and these parries don't come so easy anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Wow, Thief 2014 is hot garbage. I bought it for 5 bucks or whatever and it's been sitting on my PS4 for years. Who the hell came up with this control scheme?

I kept trying to use Blink and then remembered that I wasn't playing that infinitely superior title from Arkane Studios.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

tango alpha delta posted:

Wow, Thief 2014 is hot garbage. I bought it for 5 bucks or whatever and it's been sitting on my PS4 for years. Who the hell came up with this control scheme?

I kept trying to use Blink and then remembered that I wasn't playing that infinitely superior title from Arkane Studios.

That is...a very popular, almost universal opinion.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

tango alpha delta posted:

What thread do you think this is

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
*thinks deeply to summon most unpopular opinion I can* dark souls is good

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dark soul is very bad* and "hardcore" crowd are giant losers.

*Gameplay bad, player base bad, story very bad, atmosphere beyond bad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of Dark Souls.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dark Souls is the beef chalupa of chicken gorditas.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
funny coincidence. i'm playing through dark souls for the first time right now. and i'm ceaselessly alternating, often from one moment to the next, between two judgments: that it's a clunky pos (the source of most of its difficulty) and that it's an acquired taste.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

2house2fly posted:

*thinks deeply to summon most unpopular opinion I can* dark souls is good

Ah nice try, but not the most... Let me try.

Hgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*pop*

'Mario, Megaman and Zelda are awful and boring games that only succeed and continue to be relevant due to a mix of nostalgia and the mob mentality/peer pressure.'

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The peak quality of Mario Kart games was Mario Kart 64

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

tuo posted:

Kart games peaked with Sonic Racers.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Sekiro combat is the below vid of Dark Souls

https://i.imgur.com/2DRQcK9.mp4

That is how it works

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I borrowed a SNES mini from a friend for going away on holiday and the best game on it is a Kirby game.

thats actually another old game i got as a re-release for the DS and it is really good. I don't know if this is in the SNES version, but you can unlock a mode to play the whole game as meta-knight (basically kirby with permanent sword and wings power) which rules.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ocean Book posted:

thats actually another old game i got as a re-release for the DS and it is really good. I don't know if this is in the SNES version, but you can unlock a mode to play the whole game as meta-knight (basically kirby with permanent sword and wings power) which rules.

Nope, that'd be Super Star Ultra, which is one of the best games on the DS.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Mario Kart is good and all but Crash Team Racing is a step above.

That shouldn't surprise anyone though because the original Crash Bandicoot is a level above Mario 64.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mario 64 is trash and is only held in high regard for being one of the first marquee 3D games. The gameplay is completely abysmal and it sounds like it's filtered through a tin can.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Nah its good but its a bit easy, crash took legit skill.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Mario 64 is trash and is only held in high regard for being one of the first marquee 3D games. The gameplay is completely abysmal and it sounds like it's filtered through a tin can.

Nintendo had no clue how to handle movement and camera in 3d on a gamepad, and their confusion caused them to design an insane gamepad for people with 3 hands. It says a lot about mario 64, zelda 64 and goldeneye that anyone has fond memories of them at all, what with the abysmal controls and inexplicable camera behavior

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

tbh i'm a little relieved to see people not totally enamored with Mario 64 in here because i've always thought it was a hideous game with pretty awkward controls that just happens to have enough innovation and weird fun to be playable anyway

after a week+ of sekiro and several months of bloodborne before that i loaded up ds3 for the first time in like 6+ months and just absolutely clowned an early boss i had apparently been stuck on in that character

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bradzilla posted:

nah, Mario 64 is still a great game. I was playing it the other day with my 8 year old nephue, and he loved it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

something about the gunplay in apex legends feels super lovely and bad and it's really frustrating because while i'm a murderbeast at titanfall 2 i feel lucky to squeak out a couple kills in apex

e: and i can get kills in fortnite or whatever, it's like specifically something about apex's mechanics that are not jiving with me on some subconscious level

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

food court bailiff posted:

something about the gunplay in apex legends feels super lovely and bad and it's really frustrating because while i'm a murderbeast at titanfall 2 i feel lucky to squeak out a couple kills in apex

e: and i can get kills in fortnite or whatever, it's like specifically something about apex's mechanics that are not jiving with me on some subconscious level

I feel like it'd be hard as hell to unlearn a lot of Titanfall 2 habits, like double-jumping or wall-running, or baiting opponents into your titan's drop zone. Even if you literally just removed titans from T2 it would still be a way better FPS than Apex Legends.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

food court bailiff posted:

Probably because the guns in Titanfall 2 are very different than their Apex counterparts, and it's very easy to die to someone with the same gun but better upgrades than you have.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dungeon Master was a quality loving game.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Borderlands is a good and fun game to play.

I didn't realize what a hot take this was prior to the BL3 announcement.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

internet celebrity posted:

Borderlands is a good and fun game to play.

I didn't realize what a hot take this was prior to the BL3 announcement.

They've aged badly in the years since because they're neither very good shooters nor very good ARPGs.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They were never good to begin with. It was always perplexing why they got so popular (I think they got popular anyway?)

Is this a hot take: None of the far cry games were good and the new ones just feel like tedious repetition

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Far Cry has been the exact same game on a different map since 3. That includes Primal.

Blood Dragon was pretty fun though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
At least in Far Cry 2 you could start some fun fires

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Primal is at least a laugh if only to see how desperately they struggled to bolt modern-day-FPS mechanics onto a caveman game

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

tuo posted:

The best kart game ever was Mario Kart Double Dash but you had to have friends to play it.

I light a shrine in my basement every day and pray for Double Dash 2.

In fact I think it could be a loving awesome move to make it on the Switch due to the whole 2 detachable controllers gimmick.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The best Mario Kart game was Diddy Kong Racing for 64.

e: and neither of them were poo poo compared to F-Zero X

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

also I wish they would make a new Aeroguage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytfgRS5jz04

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT
50 Cent: Bulletproof had a better plot than Mass Effect

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Chet Lazerbeam posted:

50 Cent: Bulletproof is a better game than Mass Effect

:yeah:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The best Mario Kart game was Diddy Kong Racing for 64.

e: and neither of them were poo poo compared to F-Zero X

speaking of f-zero, why the gently caress hasnt nintendo made one since GX?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Chet Lazerbeam posted:

50 Cent: Bulletproof had a better plot than Mass Effect

Bitch took my skull!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Das Butterbrot posted:

speaking of f-zero, why the gently caress hasnt nintendo made one since GX?

Apparently they can't figure out a new gimmick for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the goddamn gimmick is goddamn F-Zero at goddamn 1080/60

god loving damnit nintendo