Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Now that I finally have Octavia, what are good builds for her while I drive everyone insane with the default song? What does she need besides duration?
after duration its mainly up to you. some people like big range and a little strength, some people like big strength and little to no range. just make sure your duration is good and its hard to go wrong.
i made my song have a note on every beat and set it to silent for easy buffing.

anyone have a good hildryn build? i feel like i need to have like 3 shield mods and adaptation in there and there isnt room for anything else.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hey why am I not in the goon clan anymore?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Are there any lower level weapons that are worth keeping/potato-ing? I'm just crafting/leveling everything I get a blueprint and have the mats for and didn't know if I should hang onto any of them.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Hey why am I not in the goon clan anymore?

Did you not play for like thirty days? That’ll get you booted from even the PS4 clans for new folks

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Wukong

I took inspiration from some build somewhere online that I forget. Generally I just type [WARFRAME NAME] + [BUILD] and select whichever one is most recent, than see what they are building and what I can/cannot improve. Not to mention that I'm endo starved (lol) so there's a few mods that aren't as good as they could be, or the odd time I'm simply missing it/them outright.

The idea with Wukong, from the video I watched and just playing him, is that you want to maximize his ability to Defy death. He gains invincibility for X seconds, base on your Ability Duration stat. Ability Efficiency [and Duration according to the wiki] dictates how easy it is to cast and maintain Defy.

With some different mods I could get about ~11-12 seconds of invincibility time, which is more than enough to find a spot to hide and reset your Defy.

Why? Because after a certain number of deaths, you'll just implode and must revive, there's no being saved by allies.

So the basic plan of action is as follows:

1. Cast Defy
2. Attack anything you want
3. When your shields run out, Hunter Adrenaline generates Energy whenever you take damage, ensuring you have some to maintain Defy.
4. If you die, you are immediately reset to an HP and gain invincibility for X seconds. [The HP gained after death is reduced for each "Tier" death you take]

According to the Wiki it is as follows

quote:

Upon losing all of his health, Wukong is healed up to 45% / 50% / 65% / 75% of his maximum health and gains invulnerability for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds. As a consequence, Wukong loses 50% / 40% / 30% / 25% of his current energy.

The amount of health restored diminishes with each subsequent death while Defy is active. As an example, if Wukong has his health reduced to zero a total of three times while Defy is active, a rank-3 Defy will restore 0.75^1 = 75%, 0.75^2 = 56.25%, and 0.75^3 = 42.188% of his maximum health for each respective death.

Upon reaching the 19th iteration, Wukong's health would be reduced to 0.75^19 = 0.423%, instead of which he will die regardless of the energy left, disregarding mods like Quick Thinking, due to his health being rounded to 0%.

Pair it with a not-yet-maxxed melee weapon of your choice that you build for crit chance/damage + Blood Rush + Gladiator Set and you can spin-to-win with your coolest red numbers.

Not-so-great-Fashion-Framin'

Edit: This gif is good with Robot Rock in the background

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 1, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

today i learned that defy is even more lovely that i initially thought

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Awesome! posted:

today i learned that defy is even more lovely that i initially thought

lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

looks like a lot of effort to do what nekros does with a lot less effort and probably less effective

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sometimes the warcrime is the warframe.

*Stares menacingly at DE*

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they really need to do something about that frame

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Honestly, even just an improvement to his 4 would be good enough. Maybe work Defy to not be a diminishing returns type deal. Oh, and like... give him more armor/hp as base stats.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Wukong has a long stick that scales in length for reasons I don't remember though, doesn't he. Can he do anything with that? I thought that was one of his standout gimmicks.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 1, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

his exalted staff would maybe be fun if the stance it uses wasn't egregiously lovely and awkward

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's just an exalted weapon, but it's still not very good unlike every other exalted weapon.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sininu posted:

Wukong has a long stick that scales in length for reasons I don't remember though, doesn't he. Can he do anything with that? I thought that was one of his standout gimmicks.

Yeah his 1 has a basic (I think) 10m range and should knock everything over and the length can't be changed.

At 200% strength it does... 1.5k damage. His 4 is slightly over a quarter of that (IE: Crap, afaik)

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Awesome! posted:

anyone have a good hildryn build? i feel like i need to have like 3 shield mods and adaptation in there and there isnt room for anything else.

This is a 2 forma build (1 if you swap Cunning Drift for Aviator). Note that Fleeting Expertise and Streamline are maxed out to compensate for the low duration. Duration only really affects the range of Shield Pillage, but the low duration means it will refill your shields instantly. Keep Haven on at all times, it makes your team mates more durable and clears out trash mobs so you can focus on more important things. I recommend using the Secura Penta as the Sequence Syndicate Proc will restore shields. If you activate Aegis Storm while the Penta is equipped and DO NOT activate your Balefire then the Sequence proc will stay active, refilling your shields periodically. This is nice for defensive mission types since you can hover afk over the objective and CC and melt everything in line of sight.

The alternate build for Hildryn is to jam her full of shield recharge mods and fit a decaying key so that your shields will recharge to full before her 3 seconds of invisibility wears off, making you effectively immortal but unable to use any or her powers except Shield Pillage. Basically a better Wukong.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yeah his 1 has a basic (I think) 10m range and should knock everything over and the length can't be changed.

At 200% strength it does... 1.5k damage. His 4 is slightly over a quarter of that (IE: Crap, afaik)

He used to have a really busted synergy with a thrown glaive I think it was. Throw the glaive, use 1 on it, it explodes for hundreds of thousands of damage on everyone. Of course it got nerfed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Raptor1033 posted:

He used to have a really busted synergy with a thrown glaive I think it was. Throw the glaive, use 1 on it, it explodes for hundreds of thousands of damage on everyone. Of course it got nerfed.

Yeah! I saw that video and tried to make it work myself, :hatenerf:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8pabXI6N9A

Final part of the Mogau interviews.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there a trick to getting Ivara's sleep to work on conservation animals? I hit them with it, and then have to mag dump the tranq rifle on things before they cap. Equinox just straight knocks things out for easy capture, but can only seem to get good captures, never perfects.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Anora posted:

Is there a trick to getting Ivara's sleep to work on conservation animals? I hit them with it, and then have to mag dump the tranq rifle on things before they cap. Equinox just straight knocks things out for easy capture, but can only seem to get good captures, never perfects.
Use your 2 to steer the sleep arrow into hitting them directly, then use it again to steer your dart into hitting them in the face or equivalent (or body, not sure if that matters). Perfect captures go!

Bonus is on pobbers, where a single direct hit with the Ivara Sleep Arrow = 3 perfect caps.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive never had something not able to be captured after 1 sleep arrow. you have to hit directly with it to get perfect captures though. use 2 and guide it right into their cute faces.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Yeah direct hit is enough with the sleep arrow.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

https://www.warframe.com/news/path-of-warframe-the-quest-for-the-average-neck

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Anora posted:

DE nerfed the poo poo out of Equinox and Ivara making GBS threads on conservation. At this point its easier to just use the tranq gun and make peace with never getting a perfect bolarola capture ever again.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

And Tyler Too! posted:

DE nerfed the poo poo out of Equinox and Ivara making GBS threads on conservation. At this point its easier to just use the tranq gun and make peace with never getting a perfect bolarola capture ever again.

getting a wildly conflicting report here given everything i know about conservation :thunk:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

getting a wildly conflicting report here given everything i know about conservation :thunk:

Yeah I have no idea what the hell that dude's about. Pop an e-restore, find an animal, use the call, go Prowl, tranq.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Cheers for the Wukong guide, i'll see how that works out for me.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Bolarolas just need to wait 20-30 secs for their little animation, that's it? Like they're not optimal for tag count (pobbers) or max standing (phero'd kubro incarnadines) but even if you just have loki and a modicum of patience they're pretty trivial to perfect with a single dart.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
does anyone know where and or what this effect is / comes from (where it seems like there's veins or discoloration from her neck)?

:edit: thanks. my bad.

Last King fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 2, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its one of the semiotic options. Also maybe spoiler that for the newbies

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I use that neck pattern on mine. I really like it!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its one of the semiotic options. Also maybe spoiler that for the newbies

got a link by any chance? a quick google on that doesn't come up with anything for me...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Last King posted:

got a link by any chance? a quick google on that doesn't come up with anything for me...

Misspelt it. :v its a face appearance option.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Quick reminder: If you haven't filled out the Fortuna survey yet, please do so soon HERE. It's neat that DE provide us this non-social media based way of giving them feedback and I hope y'all make use of it. With some luck they'll make a Nightwave survey too.

EDIT: The survey was supposed to close 2 days ago but is still open and I filled it out just fine, so yeah. Possible they'll close it when Equinox Prime hits so get to it!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ritznit posted:

Quick reminder: If you haven't filled out the Fortuna survey yet, please do so soon HERE. It's neat that DE provide us this non-social media based way of giving them feedback and I hope y'all make use of it. With some luck they'll make a Nightwave survey too.

EDIT: The survey was supposed to close 2 days ago but is still open and I filled it out just fine, so yeah. Possible they'll close it when Equinox Prime hits so get to it!

did the thing, was asking too many pointless questions imo, just giving numeral feedback without actually giving arguments

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

hamsystem posted:

Are there any lower level weapons that are worth keeping/potato-ing? I'm just crafting/leveling everything I get a blueprint and have the mats for and didn't know if I should hang onto any of them.

hek is the obvious one, it's incredibly strong at all stages of the game. Furis becomes really good with a certain mod but worst case you can build a new one

E:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

did the thing, was asking too many pointless questions imo, just giving numeral feedback without actually giving arguments

I mean, it's a survey, not a focus group, that'll happen

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I gave them some well thought out and carefully worded feedback on profit taker.

"Profit taker sucks and the rewards stink."

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I filled out that survey a few days ago and literally put 3-4 things into every "if you had to change one thing about <x>" response.

Hope ya'll put in that they should get rid of the Old Mate requirement for so much poo poo, so that new people don't have to suffer as we did, even if we're all old spiteful, grouchy grumpy veterans by this point.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Or "Who's your favorite vendor in Fortuna"

I can tell you who the worst is, Legs (No offense).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Virgin Steel Meridian vs Chad Ticker

(Remind me to shop this later tonight)