Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
On the list (she's not) repurposes Trent's verses into a story of getting kicked to the back of the line at a club. Brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1112757979558764544

So I guess it's definitely unofficial? Or Rob could be being intentionally vague here. Who knows.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Rob was always the guy behind the "seed" accounts uploading "unofficial" bootlegs to torrent sites years ago. Wonder if it's him again doing this.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
He doesn’t work with TR anymore

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

He doesn’t work with TR anymore

perfect cover story.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Are all the multi tracks used here songs that are available for remixes? Strobe light was an inside job

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
low key Still Hurts is cool lmao

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
worth the wait imo

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I got an idea, all we have to do is wait until the next 'Seed' release is out and see if they reuse Seed 9 or go to Seed 10.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1113545721100165120

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1113548167859953664

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/SherylCrow/status/1112789767694028806

LMAOOOOOOOO :vince:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That's awesome she's being a sport about it.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
Lmfao at Sheryl tweeting about it, that's kind of radical.

This is only tangentially related, but there's been something of a controversy on the country Billboard charts recently because they removed a charting song due to it supposedly "not containing enough country elements" or some bullshit like that, when really it's just because the artist is black.

I'm not a huge country fan, but I was interested in hearing the track, so I went and listened, and I cannot tell you how much I cracked the gently caress up upon recognizing the sample that he used, because it's one of my favorite NIN tracks of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ho88VXJTBg

34 Ghosts IV

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sai-kun posted:

Lmfao at Sheryl tweeting about it, that's kind of radical.

This is only tangentially related, but there's been something of a controversy on the country Billboard charts recently because they removed a charting song due to it supposedly "not containing enough country elements" or some bullshit like that, when really it's just because the artist is black.

I'm not a huge country fan, but I was interested in hearing the track, so I went and listened, and I cannot tell you how much I cracked the gently caress up upon recognizing the sample that he used, because it's one of my favorite NIN tracks of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ho88VXJTBg

34 Ghosts IV
Holy gently caress :eyepop: Hahahaha

I'd heard about that song but hadn't actually heard it until now. That's wild.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

pitchfork monitoring this thread :tinfoil:

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/1114219161381634049

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

lol

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Achy Breaky Hurt

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mierenneuker posted:

Achy Breaky Hurt

*frantically Googles other Billy Ray Cyrus song titles to get this pun train going*

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sir Lemming posted:

*frantically Googles other Billy Ray Cyrus song titles to get this pun train going*

Could've Been Me, I'm Not
She's Not Cryin' Anymore While I'm Still Here
All the Love in the World In the Heart of a Woman

The last one could be an actual country song.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mierenneuker posted:

Could've Been Me, I'm Not
She's Not Cryin' Anymore While I'm Still Here
All the Love in the World In the Heart of a Woman

The last one could be an actual country song.
(She's) Not (Cryin') Anymore

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

polyester concept posted:

pitchfork monitoring this thread :tinfoil:

It was also mentioned on the Today show this morning.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

empty baggie posted:

It was also mentioned on the Today show this morning.

Wow! The Today Show is also monitoring this thread!!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Sir Lemming posted:

Wow! The Today Show is also monitoring this thread!!

Today crew to Kathie Lee: Welcome Oblivion

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

She's Gone Away, and by "she", I mean Savannah Guthrie

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

'Michael' Trent Reznor?

EDIT: Weird, I've read his wiki page a few times, and don't remember this at all.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_ceFugJjQ

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Lil Nas X just gave Trent and Atticus their first #1 single.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Modern Leper posted:

Lil Nas X just gave Trent and Atticus their first #1 single.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Anyone know how that works for royalties? The entire Ghosts album was under a CC license, but commercial adaptations are not permitted.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Anyone know how that works for royalties? The entire Ghosts album was under a CC license, but commercial adaptations are not permitted.

They’re both on Columbia so they probably cleared the sample with TR or his management

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Wasn’t NIN without a label during that release though?

E: yeah it was an independent release. I doubt he would have given the rights to Columbia

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 9, 2019

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wasn’t NIN without a label during that release though?

E: yeah it was an independent release. I doubt he would have given the rights to Columbia

I’m just saying that clearing the sample was probably facilitated through Columbia

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Trent and Atticus are officially credited as writers and producers on the song, so I imagine they're getting a pretty good amount of royalties from this.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's most likely a fatass cut which is awesome, there's his kids college education. I read an interview with juicewrld recently, his single features a sting sample so like 90% of the song goes to sting.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

HorseRenoir posted:

Trent and Atticus are officially credited as writers and producers on the song, so I imagine they're getting a pretty good amount of royalties from this.

If that is the case, there is no way Trent didn't negotiate for that credit. Nobody would be that generous otherwise.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I would assume the CC license thingy just means "the free license applies to non-commercial stuff, if you use it commercially then come talk to us and we'll figure it out." Not like, you can't use it commercially at all, ever, it belongs to the people [/banevoice]

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It's basically the same amount of sampling as Bittersweet Symphony, which was actually cut up in a creative way and which the Stone's decided to take 100% of royalties on after deciding 50% wasn't enough. I'd guess Trent and Atticus are getting more than 50%.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'd guess that nothing was cleared in the early viral video phase but they worked something out after all the attention it got. Like I assume iTunes etc. couldn't even sell it until all the credit/royalty issues were legally squared away.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Nail Rat posted:

It's basically the same amount of sampling as Bittersweet Symphony, which was actually cut up in a creative way and which the Stone's decided to take 100% of royalties on after deciding 50% wasn't enough. I'd guess Trent and Atticus are getting more than 50%.

I remember finding out about the Bittersweet Symphony thing, and feeling bad for The Verve :negative: It's a good song, Brent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's the Verve's fault. You never ask permission and then do it anyways when you're rejected. You just do it and feign ignorance.