Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

EvilTaytoMan posted:

The 8bitdo joypad is decent but it doesn't work particularly well with splatoon 2. I keep getting error messages about amiibos popping up at random even though I don't have any. Maybe it's just a problem with my particular joypad though. Also a way to check how much battery life is left would be useful since I had it die on me at random.

Doesn't switch report this in the controller screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Chin Strap posted:

I don't think it is as bad as American McGay says, but his comments aren't wrong. I love it as a travel controller, and use it at home for hours at a time without too many issues too (I keep my pro controller at my gym locker for cardio).

If you can wait a bit longer there is the SN30 Pro+ https://twitter.com/8bitdo/status/1042428098296201217?lang=en

Looks more comfortable. Won't slide into a pocket as easily though. I'll probably wind up buying it too. Was supposed to be Christmas 2018 but now it is just Spring 2019 as release date.

EDIT: Also the SF30 is superior because of color scheme. No other difference.

I'm not likely buying until June, so I'll just wait for this one because wow, yes please.

I don't play Splatoon 2, it's mainly Mario Odyssey, Tetris 99, Minecraft, Rocket League, NES Online (which I'd play more of if I wasn't using joycons) and, when it comes out, Mario Maker 2.

EDIT: I might get Smash and a few indies sometime, anyone playing other games with it?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 2, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If only it could wake the system

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Oh yeah that too. I play so rarely docked that I don't notice it that much that I have to hit the button first.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

The 8bitdo joypad is decent but it doesn't work particularly well with splatoon 2. I keep getting error messages about amiibos popping up at random even though I don't have any. Maybe it's just a problem with my particular joypad though. Also a way to check how much battery life is left would be useful since I had it die on me at random.

I played Splatoon 2 on it and it played well I thought. I got that error too so unless it's both of our controllers....

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

I played Splatoon 2 on it and it played well I thought. I got that error too so unless it's both of our controllers....

I think it's more just me trying to figure out if I prefer to play it with or without the gyro controls on. I'm not quite comfortable with either.
Also yeah the battery power is displayed in the controller menu but I don't if its accurate or it has some other problem with it that causes it to turn itself off at random. I noticed it would do it a lot during the character selection screen of overcooked 2 for instance.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

EDIT: I might get Smash and a few indies sometime, anyone playing other games with it?

Baba is hell

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

This is my only real issue with the controller, I love it except that it makes my lazy rear end get up off the couch and walk a couple yards before using it.

It also does not have an NFC reader, which I don't care about but is apparently causing issues for you Splatoon players. Have y'all tried updating the firmware? I've no idea if that will help with that particular issue, but I am aware that 8bitdo has issued a lot of firmware updates for its controllers and adapters.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I LOVE the 8bitdo controller. It's so light and apart from waking the console and NFC, it does everything I need. It's great for playformers and Mario kart. I like the look of the one with the handle grips but I love how portable the pro is.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like the 8bitdo controller but the shoulder buttons are awkward because the SNES form factor is so thin. I’ve only used it on PC though

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I would probably like Crafted World more if I didn’t try to do all of the box guy’s requests the first time I do a world. It gets tedious. I have been using them as an excuse to grab flowers/red coins I missed the first time through but beyond that it’s a slog.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1113187346843787264?s=19

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chin Strap posted:

EDIT: Also the SF30 is superior because of color scheme. No other difference.

Untrue. The SN30 with the American color scheme has the superior concave Y/X buttons. An actual, tangible, ergonomic advantage over the Euro/Japanese button style.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

That is really loving neat!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

PLAY THIS GAME

https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory/status/1113095770884968448?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's it bout

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I will!

at some point

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

A very upset viking

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Basically it's an exploration of schizophrenia and you play as a kinda Viking woman.

Play with headphones. It's gorgeous, kinda scary and pretty dang fun.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Knorth posted:

A very upset viking

I've already played God of War

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Macaluso posted:

I've already played God of War

It’s better than GoW

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:stare:

https://twitter.com/halo/status/1113166542881951744?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s better than GoW

:chloe:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

It's true

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

God of War:
- Way too long
- Annoying kid
- Tries really hard to be deep and meaningful

Hellblade:
- Short and satisfying
- No kids
- Actually is deep and meaningful

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also Senua is a Pict, not a Viking

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hellblade is like if the team who made Gone Home tried to make a Dark Souls game.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Hellblade has really really good audio design. Play it with headphones!

E: Would you believe that Ninja Theory actually made a good game? I didn't either!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't wait to beat up MasterChief McHalo with Senua Hellblade in Smash.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Hellblade is extremely good and one of the best looking games on the X.

Absolutely play it with headphones.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Octatonic posted:

E: Would you believe that Ninja Theory actually made a good game? I didn't either!

What's it called?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What's it called?

:colbert:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What's it called?

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Hellblade dragged for me way longer than GOW ever did even if it’s a fourth of the length.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Does Hellblade have a sentient hat you can use to possess creatures?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Does Hellblade have a sentient hat you can use to possess creatures?

It has a sentient bag

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pablo Nergigante posted:

God of War:
- Way too long
- Annoying kid
- Tries really hard to be deep and meaningful

Hellblade:
- Short and satisfying
- No kids
- Actually is deep and meaningful

How short we talking about. Inside Short? Yoshi's Crafted World short? Mario Odyssey Short?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Six hours maybe. Super short. It's good. Not €30 good though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How short we talking about. Inside Short? Yoshi's Crafted World short? Mario Odyssey Short?

Like 7 hours or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
6-8 hours should not be considered short, imo.