Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Question IRL posted:

Oh gently caress....It's the Big Three standing together.

SO HYPED!

Speculation spoiler

Since Thanos looks like he's got a ship and his army together, I wonder will he had an army of d00ds/hench people to throw at them.
Could we get a MCU version of Thane or Supergiant?

I'm wondering if the stuff with Thanos in the trailer is before they attack Xandar.

also it feels like there has to be some fake costume stuff in these trailers. We see them in the all white ones in a previous one, but in this one they all seem to have their standard costumes or variants of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Unstable molecules

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Trust no trailers

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think there's a solid chance that's scenes from different acts edited together.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Samuringa posted:

Trust no trailers

Yeah there's no telling how much has stuff been faked/edited.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah there's no telling how much has stuff been faked/edited.
I'm also a little surprised to see the team going out on the Milano, but that seems to be what happens

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Milano is still on that planet they crashed on in GotG 2. Their ship now is called the Benatar.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The AMC and Cinemark sites are completely toast, but Alamo was up and running. It means I’ve gotta drive 45 minutes to the theater, but hey :shrug: it is what it is.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Going from Alyssa Milano to Pat Benatar.
Not sure if that's an upgrade, downgrade or sidegrade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What do we do about speculation that's based on rumors and merchandising etc. etc.? I'm gonna tag it just in case.

I'm assuming they take the Benatar to go beat up Thanos, realize that doesn't fix anything, and then all the Quantum time travel stuff happens. The trailer is possibly mixing elements of that first fight with Thanos stuff from the time traveling.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Speculation is a spoiler if it's based on any knowledge of things outside of the trailers and TV spots.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

What do we do about speculation that's based on rumors and merchandising etc. etc.? I'm gonna tag it just in case.

I'm assuming they take the Benatar to go beat up Thanos, realize that doesn't fix anything, and then all the Quantum time travel stuff happens. The trailer is possibly mixing elements of that first fight with Thanos stuff from the time traveling.

There’s strong evidence that half the team will go to beat up on Thanos as a distraction while the others go Quantum Realm to try and undo the snap with time hi-jinx. I’m guessing Thanos realizes what’s going on because we also know he attacks the Avengers compound directly at some point and my guess is that that’s where you’ll have Cap and Tony make their final stand to buy time and bite it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/mywifecameback/status/1113096340144381953?s=19

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

X-O posted:

Trailer tomorrow.

It's just gonna be footage of extras pissing themselves while trapped in a subway car. :(

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Tried for 3 hours today to use AMC, Fandango, and Atom to get tickets. Buddy eventually just went to the theatre at open and there was already a line. Luckily most seats were still open. Got us at 9 on Thursday. Pumped, but gonna leave this thread until then to be safe.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

LOL why is Infant an option?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Guessing it's specific to that theater cuz I've never seen that before but they're charging a premium to people tempting fate on ruining everybody's opening weekend fun sounds like

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I want to fill an entire theatre with babies

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Finally got my AMC tickets, which was not at all easy to do. IMAX, 7 pm on Friday, in the best row even if it is out on the edge. I'll take it!

Also geez, I think this movie that's crashing theater websites and selling out showings four weeks in advance might be primed to make some money.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

It should be $199

Fangz posted:

Oh cool, hosting a DCU fan-screening? :cool: j/k

Sumo fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 2, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'ma see Endgame for $4.50 on a Tuesday matinee showing :cool:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

The Question IRL posted:

Going from Alyssa Milano to Pat Benatar.
Not sure if that's an upgrade, downgrade or sidegrade.

... why have I thought all this time his ship was named after the cookie?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Finally got my AMC tickets, which was not at all easy to do. IMAX, 7 pm on Friday, in the best row even if it is out on the edge. I'll take it!

Also geez, I think this movie that's crashing theater websites and selling out showings four weeks in advance might be primed to make some money.

Nah it's gonna fail massively due to anti-SJW boycotts and Superhero Movie Fatigue, duh.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Loved that little shot of Rocket and Nebula.

Also Hawkeye totally got that haircut and that ink at the same time.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Fangz posted:

If you weren’t on a government list before...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It’s boggling my mind that this movie is causing movie sites across North America to crash.

Like, I understand hype but like this?? Seems like some DDOS on ticket launch day to gently caress over these sites.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

It’s boggling my mind that this movie is causing movie sites across North America to crash.

Like, I understand hype but like this?? Seems like some DDOS on ticket launch day to gently caress over these sites.

No, people are just insanely hyped for this movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My CEC theater only sells tickets a week early.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Thanks so much for the heads up! Cinemark is making GBS threads the bed, but I managed to beat some fairly good 7pm Sunday tickets out of it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Finally got in and got my tickets. Then realized I should have gotten 4 instead of 2, oh well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

This happened with The Force Awakens too.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Vintersorg posted:

It's the same root cause as a DDOS but instead of the millions of users frantically requesting data simultaneously being an army of malicious bots, it's actually that many people legitimately trying to get tickets.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Got tickets for Thursday...at 11:15 PM. :gonk: Really hope I don't need to be functional at work the next day.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CelticPredator posted:

This happened with The Force Awakens too.

Yep, I remember having a hard time getting tickets on Fandango and direct from the theater site for The Force Awakens. Had to get them from movietickets.com from what I remember. That was the only site not getting hammered to gently caress when tickets went live.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s where I got my end game tickets from. But I saw TFA at the Alamo, and they had a complete site crash, so I ended up driving up there to get em. A way better idea lol.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

Got tickets for Thursday...at 11:15 PM. :gonk: Really hope I don't need to be functional at work the next day.

I definitely will not be.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
6pm thursday show :smuggo:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Do you trust me?"

I can't handle three or more weeks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neither Cinemark's website or app is loading for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Man, the speculation and setting an alarm paid off for me. I decided to check a bit early on Fandango at 7:47am (was poking around until 8:00am which was rumored), got in, and only four seats had been taken for the showing I wanted, no wait times or weird fuckery.