Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Miftan posted:

I had to look this up, and it's genius because even if he did it he'd never get done for it. That would mean they'd have to admit it happened.

He may/may not have wanked over her but what they also never report is that he asked her to intervene to allow the Stonehenge Free Festival to continue without interference from the cops. He ended up in a mental hospital for the next 6 months which wasn't an unprecedented way to shut up the inconvenient.

E: 44BC Julius Caesar assassinated. Good.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1113185258646777857

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the missing jpg of keyboard goop

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lmao came here to post that. Especially funny considering Cameron called the referendum to quell the dissent amongst the party and has instead massively amplified it

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Which was... you know, always going to be the end result of that referendum GOD that streak of piss was such a fuckup

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Stone_SkyNews/status/1113182791410364416
https://twitter.com/Stone_SkyNews/status/1113182800197431296
https://twitter.com/Stone_SkyNews/status/1113182806434304001
EU doing Corbyn's work for him. The one thing May's cabinet was united about is that they don't want EU elections.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Z the IVth posted:

Isn't treason one of those crimes which isn't right up until the powers that be need to get rid of someone?

Then anything they do can be spun as 'treason'.

It's been pretty well-defined for as long as people have been writing down laws mainly because, historically, the people writing down the laws were doing things that other people might actually consider to be treason. It's not to say the definitions aren't bullshit, just they're generally fairly narrow.

Also:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah exactly, the reason the EU had the 12th deadline in the first place is because we need to participate in EU elections if we want a longer extension, we can't be in the position where she runs it to the 22nd because there's clearly no guarantee she would pass anything by then which fucks the EU up.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Oh gently caress yes, hahaha

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's been pretty well-defined for as long as people have been writing down laws mainly because, historically, the people writing down the laws were doing things that other people might actually consider to be treason. It's not to say the definitions aren't bullshit, just they're generally fairly narrow.

Also:

I'm trying to do a treason, but I'm dummy thicc, and the brrap of my rear end cheeks keeps alerting the guards.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I still don't quite get why participating in the EU elections is a problem?

It's not like it binds us to remain in the parliament afterwards. Just... do the vote. I know it's expensive but in the grand scheme of brexit it's a drop in the loving bucket.

But then, I'm thinking rationally about this, not Torily.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

It's not like it binds us to remain in the parliament afterwards. Just... do the vote. I know it's expensive but in the grand scheme of brexit it's a drop in the loving bucket.

Symbolicly it doesn't look good for her WE WILL BREXIT REAL GOOD rhetoric.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

thespaceinvader posted:

Anyone thinking of voting Tory in European elections will go UKIP/Faragistes or stay home.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
loving hell this picture of May lol

https://twitter.com/TimesPictures/status/1113190493633093632

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

thespaceinvader posted:

it's not about the cost or the time
it's symbolic of Brexit not having happened years after the vote, and probably not happening for a long time. it'll further rile up the not inconsiderable section of the public who're fuming "why don't they just get on with it and leave already"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also yeah it's still entirely possible that we willl still be in the EU for some time and the tories would likely get annihilated if she has to call them.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

biglads posted:

Anyone thinking of voting Tory in European elections will go UKIP/Faragistes or stay home.

And? If we stay it's an issue, for sure, but it's not like our MEPs aren't rammed with fash already (like one of mine is literally Farage), and if we go, they all stop being in post.

It's purely for the optics, isn't it.

gently caress's sake, every time I think they just might actually be trying to do something for the benefit of the country for decades to come I have to stop and remind myself that no, they're just straight up doing the opposite of that because it's marginally better for themselves over the next couple of months.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

And? If we stay it's an issue, for sure, but it's not like our MEPs aren't rammed with fash already (like one of mine is literally Farage), and if we go, they all stop being in post.

It's purely for the optics, isn't it.

gently caress's sake, every time I think they just might actually be trying to do something for the benefit of the country for decades to come I have to stop and remind myself that no, they're just straight up doing the opposite of that because it's marginally better for themselves over the next couple of months.

Yep, you got it. Everything for May is framed in "what is best for the Conservative Party", Right now, no option is good for them so she will try to do nothing/spread the blame.

They are petrified of any sort of public vote at the moment because the current situation is so toxic to a lot of their base.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Apart from being really really bad press, the Tories will get absolutely thrashed. They're already expecting a kicking in the May locals. Constantly doing really badly in elections against Labour undermines the idea that Labour is unelectable.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

if id ever seen her convincingly emulate human emotion before i’d say she was about to cry

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

EmptyVessel posted:

He ended up in a mental hospital for the next 6 months which wasn't an unprecedented way to shut up the inconvenient.
That made me think about the thing in the news at the moment about people with LDs who get stuck in secure hospitals forever and it makes them worse, and they're trying to end their lives rather than be stuck there, but then care in the community is often even worse; also I'd be really surprised if now was the first time in history that nobody ended up there for political reasons.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

"Crush the Saboteurs"

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
https://twitter.com/Arron_banks/status/1113144271798845440

:newdanger:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

thespaceinvader posted:

I think you'll find that, as highlighted by a prominent campaign at one time, the money spent on elections of any kind come directly out of the Body Armour For Soldiers And Medical Supplies For Babies Fund. It's why we have to be very careful about what votes we have.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
There have been some great, great tweets tonight.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

jabby posted:

Apart from being really really bad press, the Tories will get absolutely thrashed. They're already expecting a kicking in the May locals. Constantly doing really badly in elections against Labour undermines the idea that Labour is unelectable.

I've done a bit of canvassing lately for Labour in a Tory area. The people who want to talk the most on the doorstep are self-identifying Tories who are so angry with May they proclaim they can't see themselves voting Tory for the foreseeable future.

Anecdotal I know, but I think their turnout will be depressed in the Council elections in May.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

How the heck does someone thing 'yeah I'm just gonna capitalise the word terrorist that's how nouns work'.

I guess he thought that made it scarier and this is literally all they have left to use against us.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Vitamin P posted:

How the heck does someone thing 'yeah I'm just gonna capitalise the word terrorist that's how nouns work'.

I guess he thought that made it scarier and this is literally all they have left to use against us.

he's probably extremely angry that he spent so much money to fail.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vitamin P posted:

Plot twist, aaron banks is actually german.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

That made me think about the thing in the news at the moment about people with LDs who get stuck in secure hospitals forever and it makes them worse, and they're trying to end their lives rather than be stuck there, but then care in the community is often even worse; also I'd be really surprised if now was the first time in history that nobody ended up there for political reasons.

Yeah. It's loving hideous and totally inhuman what's going on with that poo poo.
Don't Care In The Community is only one of the reasons I laughed when Thatcher died but it's a bloody big one. Utter oval office.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'd be pretty surprised if any of these people claiming they will NEVER VOTE TORY AGAIN are actually telling the truth tbh. Once May has gone they'll quietly tape thei cards back together (or for that matter, quietly ignore the fact that they cut up last year's card, or that the card is pretty irrelevant as a means of identifying party memberships) and go right back to voting arsehole again.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Vitamin P posted:

That's cause he's a Capital T Terrorist - but not a Capital L Lover.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/newotrauts/status/1113165504645140486

https://twitter.com/LadyAelfgifu/status/1113138319737720832

https://twitter.com/TimCooperPT/status/1113176678258364417

:unsmigghh:

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

This is spectacular. I hadn't considered the Conservative party membership to be so opposed to compromise or cross party talks. What do they expect? (I'm actually asking)

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

I'd be pretty surprised if any of these people claiming they will NEVER VOTE TORY AGAIN are actually telling the truth tbh. Once May has gone they'll quietly tape thei cards back together (or for that matter, quietly ignore the fact that they cut up last year's card, or that the card is pretty irrelevant as a means of identifying party memberships) and go right back to voting arsehole again.

Absolutely, I'm sure most would return to the fold in a GE, but on May 2nd if 10% wander off to the far right and 10% stay at home then the Council elections could be good for Labour bearing in mind the usual low turnouts.

EDIT : Hope is a lie - UKIP to win councils across the board :(

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I refuse to believe that's not photoshopped to gently caress up the colour balance. That skin tone plus that lipstick is just too horrifying.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Heners_UK posted:

This is spectacular. I hadn't considered the Conservative party membership to be so opposed to compromise or cross party talks. What do they expect? (I'm actually asking)

they're probably the people who went from ukip to the tories for brexit and want NDB

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
yesss yesss give me more, mooooore

https://twitter.com/HenrySmithUK/status/1113184596114518018

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

biglads posted:

Absolutely, I'm sure most would return to the fold in a GE, but on May 2nd if 10% wander off to the far right and 10% stay at home then the Council elections could be good for Labour bearing in mind the usual low turnouts.

EDIT : Hope is a lie - UKIP to win councils across the board :(

Yeah I'd be pretty surprised if people this exercised will stay home at even a council election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's so nice when it happens to the other lot.