Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Super cool that Andujar was placed on the IL like an hour before rosters locked for the week. Obviously I had plenty of time to change my lineup to accommodate my injured player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Did the Rockies say if Ryan McMahon will be their primary 1B for as long as Murphy is out? I was hoping for that 2B eligibility and it looks like that's probably not happening anytime soon.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Who would you drop Jose Martinez for, knowing that I mainly want OPS.
Some options include: Yuli Gurriel, CJ Cron, Jay Bruce, Kevin Kiermaier, etc. Except for Yuli most guys are 50% or less owned on ESPN. I probably have Yuli projected for the most overall contribution because he's on the Astros...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Did the Rockies say if Ryan McMahon will be their primary 1B for as long as Murphy is out? I was hoping for that 2B eligibility and it looks like that's probably not happening anytime soon.

Haven't ready anything coming from the team, but I imagine Reynolds plays against all lefties. Could also give Desmond some starts at 1B and free up an OF spot for Tapia. But yes, it'll take a few weeks for McMahon to be 2B-eligible in most formats.

ChiTownEddie posted:

Who would you drop Jose Martinez for, knowing that I mainly want OPS.
Some options include: Yuli Gurriel, CJ Cron, Jay Bruce, Kevin Kiermaier, etc. Except for Yuli most guys are 50% or less owned on ESPN. I probably have Yuli projected for the most overall contribution because he's on the Astros...

Cron is an interesting gamble and has a good spot in a good lineup. Gurriel is great in AVG leagues but he doesn't walk much. I don't like Kiermaier hitting 7th so unless you're also looking for power/SB upside I would avoid him. I've never been a Bruce fan and he's looked awful defensively at 1B, he could get squeezed for playing time.

If you need a corner you might want to look at Trey Mancini, Yandy Diaz, Kike Hernandez, or Greg Bird. Shallower leagues you might get Maikel Franco, Josh Bell, or the aforementioned McMahon. For an outfield spot, Adam Jones is off to a nice start in ARI. Randal Grichuk or Jorge Soler could be cheap power options.

If only Martinez could have been traded to Oakland when Matt Olson went down... :smith:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Bregor posted:

Cron is an interesting gamble and has a good spot in a good lineup. Gurriel is great in AVG leagues but he doesn't walk much. I don't like Kiermaier hitting 7th so unless you're also looking for power/SB upside I would avoid him. I've never been a Bruce fan and he's looked awful defensively at 1B, he could get squeezed for playing time.

If you need a corner you might want to look at Trey Mancini, Yandy Diaz, Kike Hernandez, or Greg Bird. Shallower leagues you might get Maikel Franco, Josh Bell, or the aforementioned McMahon. For an outfield spot, Adam Jones is off to a nice start in ARI. Randal Grichuk or Jorge Soler could be cheap power options.

If only Martinez could have been traded to Oakland when Matt Olson went down... :smith:

If only :(
I totally forgot about Bird probably getting a bunch of PT with all their injuries.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Only having 6 moves for a "week" :airquote: that spans from March 20th to April 7th is bullshit.
In my league it's 4 :mad:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Inspector_666 posted:

Strahm night is...not going great.

*clears throat*.....

gently caress PITCHING.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Why would the Cardinals not trade Martinez? Instead of letting a .300 AVG and .850 OPS bat go to waste?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

fawning deference posted:

Why would the Cardinals not trade Martinez? Instead of letting a .300 AVG and .850 OPS bat go to waste?

No one in the front office has him on their fantasy team.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

I have 1st waiver in a late drafting league. Do I want Alonso or Corbin Burnes?

Update: Got em both because only 6 of 12 players made a waiver claim in the first waiver period of the season :psyduck: I somehow joined a pro league filled with idiots, but I'm not complaining

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

jabro posted:

No one in the front office has him on their fantasy team.

Surely he could fetch something back of need though. He is a proven good bat.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I think the real reason is there were grumblings pre-season that the NL could be adopting the DH. I don't see that happening but it would be pretty lovely to deal a quality bat like that just before a rule change.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Fast Luck posted:

In my league it's 4 :mad:

3 in my OG league and that was just upped from 2 after I raised hell. Probably my last year

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
What's up with Jesse Winker? Is he going to get any playing time at all this year?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Surely he could fetch something back of need though. He is a proven good bat.

Serious answer. They are paying him dirt cheap and what they get in return won't match that. Like you said he is a proven bat and can give Goldy days off while DHing the AL games.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

jabro posted:

Serious answer. They are paying him dirt cheap and what they get in return won't match that. Like you said he is a proven bat and can give Goldy days off while DHing the AL games.

True, and playoff teams need bench bats. Look how deep a team like the Dodgers is.

I dunno, I took JoMart with my last pick in a draft, I didn't think he was gonna play everyday, but I expected more than one start a week.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

jabro posted:

Yeah but they have a nice bench anyway with O’Neill, Munoz, and Gyorko when he gets healthy.

I guess the real answer is AL teams weren’t offering anything of value for a DH-only guy?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I took Greinke over Clevenger and I'm gonna regret that all, year, long.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Allen Craig

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Clev was in bold on my draft sheets but I underestimated the hype and I missed him everywhere.

I can't be too upset though, my pitching is pretty solid aside from that.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ah yes the yearly block of my stats dont mean poo poo play the game the right way Best Friend. The season has truly started

anyone else keeping an eye on Sale's velo tonight to see if he needs to be sold immediately?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just traded Clevenger for Alonso in the Goon Keeper league.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What why

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

anyone else keeping an eye on Sale's velo tonight to see if he needs to be sold immediately?

I'm not worried about his velo. That said if he sucks again tonight, people won't be lining up to trade for him either, unless you're selling for pennies on the dollar.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

to me! :cheers:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yowza

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.

Commish has the 2022 title locked up.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DGladding posted:

Welcome brother. :cheers:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

DGladding posted:

I'm playing the long game. :c00lbert:

Eloy/Alonso/JRam/Javy gonna own.

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Welcome brother. :cheers:

Thank you kindly my brother.

Now, how do I go about changing my avatar to Stevie Janowksi?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DGladding posted:

Thank you kindly my brother.

Now, how do I go about changing my avatar to Stevie Janowksi?

https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/titlechange.php

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I'm playing the long game. :c00lbert:

Eloy/Alonso/JRam/Javy gonna own.

Respect. That's a problem for future Homer.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Buy Lowtax a new neck

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

Much better, thank you.

DGladding fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 3, 2019

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
RIP Trea Turner

Looks like he broke his finger on a bunt attempt.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

God dammit. Bunts are for losers.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who is the loving shithead telling Trea Turner to bunt?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Bases were empty so I'm pretty sure he was just trying to bunt for a hit. Because he's fast.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

RIP Trea Turner

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

RIP Trea Turner

NEVER BUNT

gently caress PITCHING