Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I like how the John K thing was he was so horrible: he yelled at his employees and disparaged animators! Also, there was some thing where he groomed and perved on teenage girls whatevz

Like how is that not the main bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Name one animator who isnt a complete perverted creep

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

Most of them don't groom 14 year old girls to be their gently caress slaves

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

captainOrbital posted:

I like how the John K thing was he was so horrible: he yelled at his employees and disparaged animators! Also, there was some thing where he groomed and perved on teenage girls whatevz

Like how is that not the main bad thing

Railing underage 'tang doesn't get you fired immediately, pissing off the producers does.

That's entertainment! :suicide:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
So can I put on Crock O'Christmas around the holidays anymore or what?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

Everyone is damaged in some way

I'm doing pretty good actually.

Zzulu posted:

The guy who made Gumby.

Dave Gumby?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Dave Gumby touched my butthole

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Loren Bouchard and Raphael Bob-Waksberg I will not be reading replies

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Like most people can name twenty or thirty animators or something?

The mouse factory has hundreds and hundreds of animators working for them and I bet at least half of them are normal well-adjusted people with just the normal amount of human damage in their pasts.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Tony Snark posted:

Railing underage 'tang doesn't get you fired immediately, pissing off the producers does.

That's entertainment! :suicide:

Skyler Page got fired from cartoon Network within a matter of days of him being accused of groping someone so clearly it doesn't have to be that way.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
^^ Agreed, it's not dangling from a gas station sign but a much needed step in the right direction.

Leperflesh posted:

The mouse factory has hundreds and hundreds of animators working for them and I bet at least half of them are normal well-adjusted people with just the normal amount of human damage in their pasts.

That's the other half that obsesses over things like mermaids, breeds of guinea pigs, and watches manufactured in Switzerland between the Industrial Revolution and 1899.
Animators is cray yo.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tony Snark posted:

^^ Agreed, it's not dangling from a gas station sign but a much needed step in the right direction.

That's the other half that obsesses over things like mermaids, breeds of guinea pigs, and watches manufactured in Switzerland between the Industrial Revolution and 1899.
Animators is cray yo.

My exwife was an animator, and yes, batshit crazy. The stories I heard made it sound like she had chilled alot since she did the 5 years that destroyed her health, and she was crazy enough that she literally broke me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Leperflesh posted:

Everyone is damaged in some way, we just learn more about it from artists, especially good artists, because to be a really good artist you have to expose yourself to some degree.

e. and yeah, the "to be an artist you have to be hosed up" is a toxic stereotype. My wife is an artist, through her I know dozens of artists, many of them are healthy and normal people with only the normal amount of damage in their past.

The normal amount is "some."

Exactly this. Thank you!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This made me laugh, so can I throw the OP in the trash?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

This made me laugh, so can I throw the OP in the trash?

He's already on a chan, there's nowhere to go but up

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tony Snark posted:

Animators is cray yo.

I will not sit here and listen to someone potentially use Audemars Piguet or Jaeger-LeCoultre as the source of levity! You go too far sir!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now I'm hungry for neaneapolitanpolineatanpoli

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

What about the other fifteen arrangements?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Where's Dick Trauma when you need him?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pink touches white, you'll be alright. Pink touches brown, you're going down.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

That guy’s channel was much better when he just said and did juvenile poo poo in video games I had never heard of

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Chicken, Marty, you’re just a little chicken. Cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep!

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Last Chance posted:

That same mindset also discourages some artists from getting the mental help they need and can prevent growth as both an artist and a person fwiw

Also it gives an excuse to artists that just want to keep doing the awful poo poo they're doing. If anything, developing a fanbase just encourages terrible behaviour, to a degree that the worst of them are convinced that 'no, nothing is wrong, I poo poo gold and fart rainbows.' This isn't new, it's repeated in the entertainment industry the world over, and I honestly wish the 'crazy/damaged artist' poo poo would stop being such a Thing. Like, to the original point, you don't have to keep living in cerebral squalor to convey a powerful message; you already got all the materials you need to keep up with it, you know what it looks like, you're not gonna lose your talent solely because you decided to get help, but there's a scary number of people out there who'd let you believe that you'll stagnate as an artist if you work on yourself as a human being.

'You need this level of crazy to art this art' is some bullshit on multiple levels.

source: former art major

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I thought Ant-Man was going for the butt?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Bum the Sad posted:

Dave Gumby touched my butthole

Good for both of you!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wasn't William Shakespeare noted to be a pretty ordinary English guy for his time who never even left England in his life? Worst thing that happened was losing his young son, which was already partway through his career.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

(Click for big.)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Last Chance posted:

That same midget also discourages some artists from getting the mental help they need and can prevent growth as both an artist and a person fwiw

I totally misread your post at first and was like hang on what did I miss

Old Boot posted:

Also it gives an excuse to artists that just want to keep doing the awful poo poo they're doing. If anything, developing a fanbase just encourages terrible behaviour, to a degree that the worst of them are convinced that 'no, nothing is wrong, I poo poo gold and fart rainbows.' This isn't new, it's repeated in the entertainment industry the world over, and I honestly wish the 'crazy/damaged artist' poo poo would stop being such a Thing. Like, to the original point, you don't have to keep living in cerebral squalor to convey a powerful message; you already got all the materials you need to keep up with it, you know what it looks like, you're not gonna lose your talent solely because you decided to get help, but there's a scary number of people out there who'd let you believe that you'll stagnate as an artist if you work on yourself as a human being.

'You need this level of crazy to art this art' is some bullshit on multiple levels.

source: former art major

Devin Townsend comes to mind.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

I totally misread your post at first and was like hang on what did I miss

Devin Townsend comes to mind.

Yeah his new album rips and he’s been clean for a while now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ultrafilter posted:

(Click for big.)

That guy had to shave his butt for this.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Would

totally shave his butt for that

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Leperflesh posted:

Then you don't understand animators. They are the dregs of humanity

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ultrafilter posted:

(Click for big.)

No.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Zzulu posted:

Then you don't understand animators. They are the dregs of humanity

Counterpoint: puppet people.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Y5-4kLb5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCvj_16EfSk

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

RatHat posted:

That guy had to shave his butt for this.

Some people don't have a hairy rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

DiggityDoink posted:

Yeah his new album rips and he’s been clean for a while now.

Oh my christ, thank you for telling me about this artist.