Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s for AMC, listed as Avengers Endgame Opening Night Fan Event. I still keep my Infinity War coin in my pocket as a good luck charm.

ah yeah, we dont have amc up here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cineplex is doing them in Canada.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Does The Beach Bum have a coin? I'll preorder for that when it comes here.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CelticPredator posted:

You know who that is. Everyone knows who that is

Oh, yeah. It’s cool they’re making a sequel to a movie that came out twenty-one years ago, I guess.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
You should probably see King of the Monsters.

That's Ghidorah.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Phylodox posted:

Oh, yeah. It’s cool they’re making a sequel to a movie that came out twenty-one years ago, I guess.

This annoys me on such a profound level. Jesus gently caress

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

teagone posted:

Godzilla vs Megalon is my personal favorite. Jet Jaguar owns.

:stonk:

Vs Megalon is easily in the running for worst Godzilla movie. It’s just so loving boring. The only highlight is Jet Jaguar’s theme and it comes at the very end.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Phylodox posted:

Oh, yeah. It’s cool they’re making a sequel to a movie that came out twenty-one fifty-five years ago, I guess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s for AMC, listed as Avengers Endgame Opening Night Fan Event. I still keep my Infinity War coin in my pocket as a good luck charm.

I think it's just a thing that Marvel is sending out as I got an email from Cinemark also saying that you get a coin for going to the first showing on Thursday.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:stonk:

Vs Megalon is easily in the running for worst Godzilla movie. It’s just so loving boring. The only highlight is Jet Jaguar’s theme and it comes at the very end.

Oh I know, I love it now because it's so horrible. Nostalgia also gives it a bit of leeway since my dad bought me a VHS copy of it from our local library when I was a kid :3: I watched that tape a lot when I was younger. It had the "cutsey" Godzilla design which is why I think I liked it alot, that and because again of Jet Jaguar. I was into poo poo like Ultraman at the time too. [edit] And Gigantor.

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 3, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I saw a vintage print of the dubbed Godzilla's Revenge (the one where it's all in the imagination of a weird bullied kid) at a movie marathon and I'll always treasure that.

Here's that dumb Nintendo Nerd guy talking about it, since I can't find the clips I want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe9v1jsN7Tg

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aphrodite posted:

Okay well I'm definitely familiar with the moth, the pterodactyl and the multi headed dragon.

But evidently not their names.

Also Gamera, the rocket-powered turtle.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Bruceski posted:

Also Gamera, the rocket-powered turtle.

Gamera is not part of the Godzilla Cinematic Universe.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
No but he is friend to all children.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sgt. Politeness posted:

No but he is friend to all children.

And is full of turtle meat!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/status/1113223720309542917

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I am absolutely gay for Godzilla and the true yass queen that is Mothra and will watch that film a billion times, but there's no way it can compete with the twenty-two film hype megatrain of Endgame, which I will watch two billion times.

Maybe if the film had Biollante

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I’m a little skeptical about King of Monsters, because of the director change, but it still looks way more interesting than Endgame.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

BrianWilly posted:

I am absolutely gay for Godzilla and the true yass queen that is Mothra and will watch that film a billion times, but there's no way it can compete with the twenty-two film hype megatrain of Endgame, which I will watch two billion times.

Maybe if the film had Biollante

What if the ghost of Biollante took over Hedorah’s body and assembled an army of King Caesars to defeat Burning Godzilla, Mothra, Battra, and some version of Anguirus that doesn’t suck?

I’d watch that movie over Endgame.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is anyone here gonna go to just one of the movies to spite the other? Who cares which is more popular?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is anyone here gonna go to just one of the movies to spite the other? Who cares which is more popular?

Hell, probably.

100% sure if you count the entire forums, even.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
godzilla comes out a full month later so i cant imagine itll be a big deal

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Got my ticket for a 6pm showing on the 25th. Can't wait!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

teagone posted:

Gamera is not part of the Godzilla Cinematic Universe.

He's not? Could've sworn they fought at some point. Is this some "well technically" quibble or did I make it up?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Bruceski posted:

He's not? Could've sworn they fought at some point. Is this some "well technically" quibble or did I make it up?

Nah, Godzilla is owned by Toho and Gamera is (was?) owned by Daiei

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

I’m a little skeptical about King of Monsters, because of the director change, but it still looks way more interesting than Endgame.

Maybe with the director change we'll actually see Godzilla in his own movie for more than 5 minutes, or maybe the director wouldn't kill off the most interesting human character in the film in order to then focus on the human equivalent of paste

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People whining about Godzilla 2014 are like straight up aliens to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CelticPredator posted:

It was a bad movie is all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alien.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Was a good movie, yes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

:agreed:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I still haven't seen it but Godzilla 2014 is crazy polarizing. Everyone I've talked to has either hated it or loved it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Maybe with the director change we'll actually see Godzilla in his own movie for more than 5 minutes, or maybe the director wouldn't kill off the most interesting human character in the film in order to then focus on the human equivalent of paste

Thanks for the memes as criticism, ‘Superman beats retarded Bizzaro to death’ guy.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I still haven't seen it but Godzilla 2014 is crazy polarizing. Everyone I've talked to has either hated it or loved it.

A lot of people’s interaction with the film was limited to seeing a YouTube thumbnail from CinemaSins.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I didn’t care much either way, but I don’t give a poo poo about Godzilla, so that’s probably a big mitigating factor.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Godzilla 14 is awesome. Gareth Edwards directed the poo poo out of it. It had the feel of an early 60's Godzilla film in a way, some of the sequences in it such as The Golden Gate attack are some of my favourite set-pieces of the last decade or so. Script could have been better, but it was hardly horrible.

I feel anyone annoyed by it due to the lack of monster action are gonna have those criticisms more than accounted for in King of the Monsters though. On balance, I'd say I'm more excited by King of the Monsters than Endgame, but Godzilla has always been my poo poo so that's not surprising.

As a pop-cultural thing though I don't think anything can really come up against the impact that Endgame is gonna have this year, not even Star Wars 9 I reckon.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

My opinion probably differs from the general consensus because when it came out I’d already seen almost every Godzilla movie at that point and Godzilla 2014 approaches the character in a very different way, which was refreshing. Do I wish Cranston had stayed in the film longer? Sure. Do I wish we’d seen a little more of the big guy? Sure. But neither of those is enough to sour me on the rest of the film.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Karloff posted:

As a pop-cultural thing though I don't think anything can really come up against the impact that Endgame is gonna have this year, not even Star Wars 9 I reckon.

Frozen 2 and the Lion King remake are going to be huge compared to anything that isn't Endgame and Episode 9.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Karloff posted:

I feel anyone annoyed by it due to the lack of monster action are gonna have those criticisms more than accounted for in King of the Monsters though. On balance, I'd say I'm more excited by King of the Monsters than Endgame, but Godzilla has always been my poo poo so that's not surprising.

My dad and I didn't always have the same taste in movies, even if we liked similar ones well enough to chat the ones we were truly excited about didn't match up. Godzilla 14 was one we both loved and could geek out about on the same level, rather than just liking that the other one loved it so much.

I'm seeing Endgame for me, but I'm seeing King of Monsters in his memory.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/TwoClawsMedia/status/1041350027082432513

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's because nobody had a decent camera in their phones yet.