Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Considering the target audience of the XFL, I can't imagine Kaep would be very popular there.

Unless they had a designated heel team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Ive been saying it for like a year now. Vince is on the field for the first game, and they start the national anthem, mid-anthem Kapernick emerges from the tunnel, interrupts it and rips a flag from the color guard, and starts trash talking are troops. Right before he lights a flag on fire, Tim Tebow emerges....

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Los Angeles Thugs

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

blugu64 posted:

Ive been saying it for like a year now. Vince is on the field for the first game, and they start the national anthem, mid-anthem Kapernick emerges from the tunnel, interrupts it and rips a flag from the color guard, and starts trash talking are troops. Right before he lights a flag on fire, Tim Tebow emerges....

Go on. I’m almost there.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

blugu64 posted:

Need to add pyrotechnics when Tebow runs out. Kap's mouth is agape in horror.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Comparing XFL to NFL is like comparing tugatlas.com to rubmaps.com

One you find quality, the other you're really just experiencing the lesser hand job

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

blugu64 posted:

What are their themes

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZacOnTheMic/status/1101883524578242560

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

My how the moldy have rotted

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I can’t loving wait for the team name reveals. They’re going to be so gloriously stupid and/or bland and I’m there for both.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Yodzilla posted:

I can’t loving wait for the team name reveals. They’re going to be so gloriously stupid and/or bland and I’m there for both.

They should lean hard into the patriotism angle and name the teams after US military vehicles. The St. Louis Strykers. The Tampa Bay Bradleys. The Los Angeles Apaches. Wait no

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Seattle Submariners sounds like they're in a bdsm relationship with our baseball team.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

hobbesmaster posted:

What are their themes

All I know is that Manziel will be walking out to that remix of “Last Resort” that came out last year.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Yodzilla posted:

Instead of trying to run away from the WWF/WWE association this time they lean into it and name all the teams after WWE wrestlers/Hall of Famers. The Tampa Bay Koko B. Wares, the Dallas Nature Boys, the Seattle Daniel Bryans.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

BGrifter posted:

Instead of trying to run away from the WWF/WWE association this time they lean into it and name all the teams after WWE wrestlers/Hall of Famers. The Tampa Bay Koko B. Wares, the Dallas Nature Boys, the Seattle Daniel Bryans.

I am in favor of this if the Koko B Wares have Frankie the parrot on the helmet and the uniforms keep that color scheme.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

The City Name Non-Plural Noun

Introducing the Biloxi Wade-In

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

What are their themes
Depends, is there a point-defeating radio edit of gently caress Tha Police?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Kins posted:

Depends, is there a point-defeating radio edit of gently caress Tha Police?

https://youtu.be/9306jTZuU5k

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yodzilla posted:

I can't wait to root for the DC Anthemstanders

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BGrifter posted:

I am here for the Miami Razor Ramons.

Also I haven’t paid attention to wrestling since I was like 12 and I had no idea he was just a random white dude dressed up as a greasy Cuban caricature based on Scarface til I read his Wikipedia just now :lol:

Also also, The Big Boss Man and Sgt Slaughter seem like shoe ins for XFL mascots with their bootlicker target demo. Kaep signs with the Iron Sheik heel team in this scenario.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 4, 2019

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

Also I haven’t paid attention to wrestling since I was like 12 and I had no idea he was just a random white dude dressed up as a greasy Cuban caricature based on Scarface til I read his Wikipedia just now :lol:

Also also, The Big Boss Man and Sgt Slaughter seem like shoe ins for XFL mascots with their bootlicker target demo. Kaep signs with the Iron Sheik heel team in this scenario.

The Miami Bad Guys is just too perfect.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

weekly font posted:

I can't wait to root for the DC Anthemstanders

DC Nation (of Domination).

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

The Miami Bad Guys is just too perfect.

:getin:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Big Boss Man has been dead for a long, long time. 80s and 90s wrestlers are like the 1995 Chargers

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Docjowles posted:

Yeah he tells a story about having seen Scarface the night before with his buddies and Vince putting him on the spot to come up with a gimmick. So he just started reciting lines from the movie and Vince loved it thinking it was all original stuff.

Who knows if it's for real or not, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

I am in favor of this if the Koko B Wares have Frankie the parrot on the helmet and the uniforms keep that color scheme.

Agreed, but only if they have actual parrots clinging to their helmets. Also, the parrots are eligible receivers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

DC Nation (of Domination).

The San Antonio Troop Respectors

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/EddieBarstool/status/1102990388875403264

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He had a lot of success in the CFL because he had one of the best quarterbacks of all time. I'm glad to see him sink so low.

Muhaha... muahaha... muahahahahaha!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I completely forgot Marc Trestman got fired from the CFL last year

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Still looks like an alien.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

No shade but Trestman here looks like he’s in the dressing room getting ready for the runway on Drag Race. There’s something way too manicured about those eyebrows.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

XFL getting more money
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1111004735316938754

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Vince somehow losing the WWE would be amazing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm pretty sure the window has already closed to launch a new competing football league but I could be wrong

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/1111007408254578688

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Guess who bought those shares...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1113220460379017216

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
AAF's legacy living on with the non-poo poo teams like San Antonio being absorbed into the XFL would be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think i'm hitched to the Houston Franchise unless the xfl buys the hotshots