Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Here are some #ButtFacts
https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1112778068450578433?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

why buy the whole seat for your butt at the mayor pete campaign stop where he sneers at blue collar workers for 15 minutes while making empty platitudes?! *TV monster truck ad voice over guy voice* YOU'LL JUST NEED THE EDGEEE EDGEEE!!!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RceLAhPOS9Q

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

lol there's no way that's what harris really thinks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Feranon posted:

(people who are currently incarcerated should have the right to vote)

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

i wonder what ppl who had their whole lives ruined bc of Weed Crimes or some poo poo would vote for......... :thunk:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

(people who are currently incarcerated should have the right to vote)

(amend the 13th again)

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Feranon posted:

i wonder what ppl who had their whole lives ruined bc of Weed Crimes or some poo poo would vote for......... :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbCj-8zoAuQ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1112909775430402049

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2OHVr2zG4

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lrH7RtiobQ&t=69s

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

img-dream_twister.gif

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

is this his endorsement for Biden?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This sends tingles to the pleasure centers of every unironic West Wing fan

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

oh man

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol classic

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

This sends tingles to the pleasure centers of every unironic West Wing fan

ya don't read the thread

its like opeing the ark of succ

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

ya don't read the thread

its like opeing the ark of succ

But if you hate the West Wing as much as I do, read this thread

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Feranon posted:

Harris is running on a platform that absolutely rejects literally everything she said and did up to 30 minutes before she announced so that doesn't surprise me

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Buttigieg's star, like Obama's after 2004, seems a bit like media manufacture where they pluck out a random inspiring politician and make them seem national level worthy.

for comparison, here's 538's profile on Wayne Messam, the mayor of Miramar, Florida, who announced he was running last week

quote:

If we just look at Messam’s political experience, his credentials are as strong as at least one “major” candidate in the race. Messam leads a city of 140,000 — larger than South Bend, Indiana, whence Mayor Pete Buttigieg hails. Miramar also has many more nonwhite residents than South Bend does — 47 percent of the Florida city’s population is black, and 36 percent is Hispanic — so Messam has more experience appealing to a key voting bloc or two in the party.

True, Buttigieg ran (unsuccessfully) for chair of the Democratic National Committee in 2017, giving him a national profile — something that Messam certainly does not have. But Messam does have connections whose tangible benefits (e.g., money, staff) may prove useful. He sits on the board of the National League of Cities, a group that lobbies Washington on behalf of municipal governments, and has served as president of the league’s arm that specifically represents local African-American officials. His campaign told me that other mayors have already reached out to offer their help and said Messam also has a deep network of current and former professional athletes; Messam was a wide receiver on the 1993 Florida State University football team that won a national championship. Finally, Florida (more so than Indiana) is home to some big Democratic donors, and as the only presidential candidate (so far) from the Sunshine State, Messam could have front-door access to them.

so what makes one small potatoes municipal leader more qualified than another? it's really just personal perception

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

while my enthusiasm for butt has gone down in recent days, this is basically going to be a viable criticism of any young successful politician

"fuckers started doing things when they were even younger! can't trust anyone who does that!"

I don't understand where the 'enthusiasm' for this guy comes from at all. What concrete policies did he implement or support that made him appealing? Is he all on board for universal healthcare or something?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mila kunis posted:

I don't understand where the 'enthusiasm' for this guy comes from at all. What concrete policies did he implement or support that made him appealing? Is he all on board for universal healthcare or something?

He's the (I believe) only candidate to discuss court packing openly as an option, but that is literally about it in terms of marks in the "pro" column and then there's a long rear end list of "con" poo poo like worked for McKinsey, joined military in 2009, called peaceful protestors advocating for fair wages at Harvard for janitors/food service workers "social justice warriors" and said that Zucc had more value than them, etc.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i, pete buttigieg, will pack the court

[appoints 5 clones of anthony kennedy]

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mila kunis posted:

he's not

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

WampaLord posted:

He's the (I believe) only candidate to discuss court packing openly as an option, but that is literally about it in terms of marks in the "pro" column and then there's a long rear end list of "con" poo poo like worked for McKinsey, joined military in 2009, called peaceful protestors advocating for fair wages at Harvard for janitors/food service workers "social justice warriors" and said that Zucc had more value than them, etc.

speaking of, remember when zucc came to hang out with the butt?

https://eu.indystar.com/story/news/...ters/101145566/

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

mila kunis posted:

Lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Jupiter!!!

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1113048434137681921

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

god drat gravel owns

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The Rude Gravel Teens >>> Mayor Pete, the Troop Consultant Sociopath

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:drat:

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

Buttigieg's star, like Obama's after 2004, seems a bit like media manufacture where they pluck out a random inspiring politician and make them seem national level worthy.

for comparison, here's 538's profile on Wayne Messam, the mayor of Miramar, Florida, who announced he was running last week

so what makes one small potatoes municipal leader more qualified than another? it's really just personal perception

Yeah, Buttigieg, like Obama, had his name thrown around quite a bit before now. I was never familiar with Messam before he announced, but I live in Indiana so it kinda makes sense that I'd have heard of Buttigieg. He's had some star status with the media since about 2014, gained a bigger profile by coming out under Pence's inquisition the same year Gay Marriage was legalized and there was some talk about his "future" in 2016.

I agree that to a large extent his status is propelled by media interest, but he also kinda benefited from being associated with a triumphal moment for gay rights. Honestly, I think he just wound up on the Rolodex as a staunch (later open gay) liberal in a red state with a military background and people kept giving him air time because of the novelty. Helps that he's at least somewhat charismatic, I guess.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Woaaaaaaahhhhh

https://twitter.com/jbenton/status/1113208291532972034?s=20

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
imagine a butt stamping on the human face — forever

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

THS posted:

i, pete buttigieg, will pack the court

[appoints 5 clones of anthony kennedy]

it's not even packing the court its something like 4 reps, 4 dems, and 4 randos chosen unanimously by the 8

THS
Sep 15, 2017

logikv9 posted:

it's not even packing the court its something like 4 reps, 4 dems, and 4 randos chosen unanimously by the 8

hahahaaa

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

logikv9 posted:

Oh my god he really is cosplaying West Wing, this is a loving Sorkin plot.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I CALL HIM MAYOR BUTT GAG BECAUSE HE MAKES ME WANT TO poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
buttgig