Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Progress Is Slow And Steady - just made it to seven flowers and haha wow World-8, 9 and 10. Level Is Move/Weak/Defeat, oh boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

McFrugal posted:

For Depths: you do in fact need to create "Flag is Level". Is there another way you can see of doing that?
For A Way Out?: you need to use every word. First, try to construct Rock is Push.

Hm. As for Depths, pretty sure there isn't a way to do that, since the words I need are stuck in different places and are separated by tight tunnels with corners, but I guess I'll try more...
And drat, I was REALLY hoping that wouldn't be the first step for A Way Out. Tried that for like an hour, was really hoping I was overlooking something else

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Martman posted:

This game is breaking my brain over and over and it's so amazing. I think I just scammed the ABC world, or at least never bothered to solve it the expected way, 'cause I just finished Stardrop and Meteor Strike with basically the same solution.

I just made a sentence of Belt Is Star Is Flag, completing it with Belt and ending up one tile away from a belt so I could immediately jump to it before Me broke up Flag is Win. You only have to orient it differently on Meteor Strike. Is this the expected solution for either of these levels? It involves ignoring a bunch of stuff that I guess could all be red herrings.

Are you playing on switch? That sounds like an old version of the puzzle. The legitimate solution should not allow Me to move at all.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

The first Switch patch should be coming pretty soon, by the way! Apologies for the wait.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Are you playing on switch? That sounds like an old version of the puzzle. The legitimate solution should not allow Me to move at all.
Ah yeah, I see that's been patched. TBH part of the beauty of this game is that a few unintended solutions don't actually harm the overall experience, it just makes me feel like I was kinda clever.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hempuli posted:

The first Switch patch should be coming pretty soon, by the way! Apologies for the wait.

Thanks.

Any plans for DLC level packs, or a Baba is U2?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I posted this in the wrong thread somehow lmao i'm sorry

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 2, 2019

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It seems the @babaisyou_ account has been musing about the properties of objects that don't exist, sparking interest from players and irritation from philosophy graduates.

https://twitter.com/Fedule/status/1113013035332001792

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Related:

Also, the Switch patch should be up now!
EDIT: Nevermind, sorry!

Hempuli fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 3, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Can someone please explain to me how EMPTY is PUSH works?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hempuli posted:

Related:

So, time travel dlc?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ariong posted:

you can push everything that isn't.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Ariong posted:

The thing about EMPTY is that it is not an object, but the spaces where objects can be. Therefore, applying properties to EMPTY is weird, because those properties become abstract and transient. You need to think very carefully about what properties actually fundamentally mechanically do to get your head around how they affect EMPTY.

With PUSH, objects will move in response to being moved into, unless they are moving towards something which has STOP, in which case they will behave like STOP does (I suspect that PUSH is the most conceptually complicated effect in the game, though probably not the one with the most code. Be fascinated to learn more about what's going on under the hood there, but I digress). When you have EMPTY IS PUSH, every blank space between you and the next object in that direction will have that PUSH property, and can chain it, even though there's nothing actually there to push. If you push a line of EMPTY towards something with STOP, you won't be able to move, because the whole line of EMPTY will behave like STOP. If you push them towards an object you can move across, you will find that you can move towards that object as though moving normally, and if a second object, with PUSH, is between you and the first object that second object will be pushed as you move until it overlaps the first. This is because the EMPTYs are being pushed towards it, but they don't get stuck, because they're EMPTY and when they overlap other objects the result is nothing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Okay, thanks. What really trips me up is how adding properties to empty means that it behaves differently to other objects with no properties. It removes my frame of reference.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 3, 2019

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
It and level both behave pretty inconsistently at times compared to "normal" objects

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ariong posted:

Okay, thanks. What really trips me up is how adding properties to empty means that it behaves differently to other objects with no properties. It removes my frame of reference.

My experience is that it works the same as other objects, with the exception that it will be destroyed if it moves into/onto anything else. It also effectively respawns. ...I wonder what happens if Empty is Move? Could it push objects? If so, what direction is an empty space pointing?

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 3, 2019

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

This game gives me the weirdest headache and I love it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If baba is me and Baba is you, do I become baba IRL? This is very important.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

If baba is me and Baba is you, do I become baba IRL? This is very important.

No. Baba is Me. Me is not you.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

EDIT: Way to forget how HOT objects don't go away after they MELT something. Guh.

Yep, solved it in 5 seconds after I remembered how HOT and MELT work. Got too used to OPEN and SHUT.

Roluth fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 3, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
put this on my phone or gently caress off :colbert:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

put this on my phone or gently caress off :colbert:
Baba On Phone Is Defeat And Not Win

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Shai-Hulud posted:

BABA is SHIRT

Just arrived today, thanks again mate!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I need that shirt.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Vaah posted:

https://twitter.com/babaisyou_/status/1112750258939981825

this never would have happened if you all bought multiple copies of the game :negative:

BABA is ROCK?
Or BABA is DWAYNE?
...BABA is ELEC(tric)?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

BABA is COOKING

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vaah posted:

BABA is COOKING

ROLE is KNOW
MOUTH is SHUT
PEOPLE has ELBOW

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Baba is You (2019)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

code:
THI IS FI
IS     NE

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ruzihm posted:

Baba is You (2019)

Rules in effect:

BABA is FINE
FIRE is FINE
BABA is FIRE

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
This game is a fantastic purchase for the nintendo switch and is perfect for the platform. I'm really glad I bought it there.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dias posted:

Rules in effect:

BABA is FINE
FIRE is FINE
BABA is FIRE

More like
FIRE is YOU
BABA is MORE

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Hempuli posted:

Related:

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry!

https://twitter.com/babaisyou_/status/1113600057629138944

mood

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Stop bullying that poor skull. :cry:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Dias posted:

Rules in effect:

BABA is FINE
FIRE is FINE
BABA is FIRE

BABA on CHAIR is FIRE
FIRE not on CHAIR is BABA

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Welp, Meta-12 broke me. So far Crushers and Booby Trap have probably thrown me for the greatest loops at the time I encountered them, but this drat level just made me throw in the towel on going without looking up solutions. Did anyone else find it drastically harder than other stuff?

Martman fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 4, 2019

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

I need that shirt.

As before. I'll send you one if you are in europe. Intercontinental shipping would be to expensive though.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

100 puzzles solved! :toot:

Coincidentally, I just made LEVEL is BABA in Fragile Existence (and reached and "solved" Level ?). Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 4, 2019

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Martman posted:

Welp, Meta-12 broke me. So far Crushers and Booby Trap have probably thrown me for the greatest loops at the time I encountered them, but this drat level just made me throw in the towel on going without looking up solutions. Did anyone else find it drastically harder than other stuff?

Yeah I found it incredibly difficult as well.
edit: huh, just found out there are two solutions. One of them skips out on using a couple of words.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Yeah I found it incredibly difficult as well.
edit: huh, just found out there are two solutions. One of them skips out on using a couple of words.
Oh WOW, yeah, the first solution I looked up was incredibly convoluted and involved both Keke and Baba.

The second one makes a ton more sense, and mostly relies on being able to break up Baba is Float after using it since the text won't defeat you while you're floating. That I can at least appreciate as a fairly straightforward mechanic that I failed to think of.